Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > CBD > How to modulate THC effects with CBD?

Thread Title Search
How to modulate THC effects with CBD? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2019, 07:20 AM #11
Douglas.Curtis
Autistic Diplomat in Training

Douglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandelbroot View Post
Thank, Douglas.

So if I take a few CBD oil drops in the morning I cawill able to feel a reduction/modulation on the THC effects of a joint in the evening?
I have a very low tolerance to THC but I like some of its effects in a mild amount. I love creativity and relaxation but I hate paranoia and anxiety.
You may want to take a few drops in the afternoon. To help with evening smoke effects.

Have you tried vaping cannabis which makes you paranoid when smoked? I've read many people have less or no paranoia when vaping the same cannabis. Perhaps you're like this?
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-25-2019, 11:57 PM #12
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandelbroot View Post
Hello

I am a new user.
I´m from Spain and i´m trying to learn how to use medical cannabis.
In my country cannabis is illegal. You can have good weed if you grow it by yourself or you can buy low quality hash and weed in the streets (bad option)

In the long term, the best thing to do is to learn to grow, and to breed.

Most growers gravitate towards the strains that make them feel good.

If you find strains you like, grown from seed, you then have the option of mixing them genetically. Assuming you have at least 1 that is regular, with some male seedlings.

When you grow out the crosses, there will be natural variation in the amount of THC. If you grow CBD-THC strain crosses, the seedlings will exhibit different CBD-THC ratios. Some of those, you might like even more.

PLUS, you being a human being, if one of your strains feels good to you, it'll feel good to other people.

If you have any birds or friends with birds, there's a good chance the bird will like a bushy Cannabis seedling, if it can fit in its cage. They eat the leaves and the growing tips.

Sometimes they go crazy for Cannabis. I'm pretty sure that birds have endo-cannabinoid receptors too.

Old 05-30-2019, 09:33 AM #13
cjig

cjig is on a distinguished road
My friend is using CBD oil for years and it helped him a lot in dealing with his anxiety. He used to smoke CBD e-juice and apply topicals.
cjig is offline Quote

Old 06-05-2019, 01:32 AM #14
Mandelbroot

Mandelbroot is on a distinguished road
Dear friends:

Finally I had a tiny smoking session taking good knowledge from your advices.

I´m trying to make a come back to cannabis but i´m afraid of the consequences because of my panic attacks/anxiety disorder. That´s why I´m exploring with CBD as a helper to the effects of the THC.

I had 4 drops of CBD oil 3% (about 3-4 mg) at 4:00 PM. Then i had a single puff at 20:30 PM. It was a joint with a very little amount of weed (maybe around 0,1 g). The strain I used was one called Hi CBD. I cannot find much information about this on the Internet. I have no idea about amount and ratio of THC/CBD.

I felt a hard body relaxation and tingling. My mind was calm but kinda "empty". It cost me a lot to read or to follow the plot of a film. I felt also very distant from my feelings but the anxiety was gone for a very long period of time. I had no alteration of the auditive perception buy just a little in the vision. I saw everything in more soft tones of colour, very pleasant.

On the other hand, the CBD effect made me stay in a relaxed alert mood and It was difficult to sleep. My sleep was a little nervous, interrupted and not deep. The next day i wake up with a hard numb sensation. In the afternoon, anxiety began to increase and I had the praeludium of a panick attack in the bus. I can managed the situation taking Alprazolam (Xanax) 2 mg and I can did my work in the evening.

This is a very conflictive situations. My experience have an unpleasant duality. Good effects but bad hangover. This a kind love/hate position about weed

Maybe I will keep trying if my anxiety decrease. I´ll keep writing here my experiences, if this is interesting for you.

Thank you so much for your help.

PD:This is the information I found about Hi CBD strain. Any experience?:
https://es.**********.eu/strain-info...Mana_Pakalolo/
Mandelbroot is offline Quote

Old 06-05-2019, 11:26 PM #15
Douglas.Curtis
Autistic Diplomat in Training

Douglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond repute
In your position I would spend most of my time identifying the specifics of my anxiety. Your emotions are there for a reason, and identifying the source most often leads to removal of the issue.

Again, cannabis causes unconscious self-reflection and this brings up all subjects in your mind which contribute to anxiety. Use these times of anxiety to help you identify the issue. Focus on identifying the source, vs. focusing on your reactions.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.