What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New grower - help - White dots/lines + holes

JustRandomDude

Hi everyone, first time grower, my plants are almost 4 weeks old (auto blue dream), I'm growing outdoors in 6gal fabric pots, plagron growmix soil with perlite (it is prefertilized for 3-4 weeks),

they were growing kinda fine but now I went on a 4 day trip and when i returned, on the first plant appeard white dots/lines (pictures with number 1).

On the second plant (pictures with number 2) appeard holes + one leaf is turning "bronze/brown". It was raining a lot lately so they are little overwatered.

Could upload only 5 pictures so I'm adding this imgur
https://imgur.com/a/W8XsSMu

I noticed a small spider strings around the pots, that maybe means there are some spider mites ? But the white lines looks more like leaf miners to me.
I would appreciate any help or suggestions what to do.. :shucks:

roybart

leaf miners would be my best guess, they are persistent little bastards too..
Usually tho you see wiggly lines ,,
White Oil

To make white oil, you will need a spray bottle for treating your plants with the all-natural concoction, preferably one that holds 500 mL, 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil, and one teaspoon of dish soap, and just under 500 mL of water. Mix the ingredients together and stir until the mixture is consistent. When spraying down the affected plants, be sure not to overdo it. A light coat of white oil is all you need to keep the leafminers at bay. Make sure that each leaf of the affected plant is coated evenly on both the top side and underside.
The white oil treatment works in the same way as the neem oil spray, it suffocates the leafminers and keeps them from mating, eating through the leaves of your garden’s plants, and flying from leaf to leaf in search of more foliage to decimate. White oil doesn’t kill leafminers swiftly, but it does stop them from doing any more damage than they already have. Use this video tutorial on how to make and apply white oil to fight off leafminers.