What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High temperature in grow tent

mimistow

Hello guys. I live in the southern europe and the temps are really getting high these days.Im growing some autos and some photoperiodics(week 3.5) in a 1x1x2m grow tent and by now i can leave the tent's zip door half open and get away with temps that fluctuate between 27-29.5C. But in the near future that the weather will get even hotter i going to have some problems, so what do you recommend? I can use a stronger exhaust fan but the problem is i cant send the hot air outside cause tent is in a concrete room where its not logic to make a hole in the concrete wall or drill the iron shutter.Is it possible to build a diy ac cooler with ice or something :p? or should i buy a portble air conditioner(that it's really costy and consumes a lot of electric energy where here in europe aint cheap)?Also i must point out that in the future when the plats will start flower and get really smelly it whould be difficult to leave the tent door open cause it will be really smelly...

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Made one for living room of winter residence....works great! Hardest part....have a freezer full of veggies, meat for the long haul, so I use 1/2 gallon containers for water into ice..

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
run your lights at night
when you flower, set your time for lights out during the hottest time of the day
/probably between 8a to 8p
you will still have to move the air around, but at least the lights are not on heating things up during the day

mimistow

Made one for living room of winter residence....works great! Hardest part....have a freezer full of veggies, meat for the long haul, so I use 1/2 gallon containers for water into ice..
ill start building it by tommorow and ill upload the end product.Also i whould like to mention that i have an air coditioner in the room where i sleep i was thinking of moving the tent over there so i can use it but i think there might be problems sleeping if the exhaust fan is making a lot of noice or the lights shine bright in the middle of the night .If the system you recommend doesnt work good enough ill move the tent :p .Wish me luck an thanks for the support!

Latest posts

Latest posts