What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fisrt grow! Close to harvest?

Hi there! I've reached to this forum a few days ago and I got so submerged in the amount of info over here that i don't remember what i was looking for...

Anyway, i'm from Argentina and have this kind of emergency growing going on. Originally, I had three beautiful and vigorous bagseed plants growing in my backyard, one of those was supossed to be Bubble Gum Kush. I was in the sky with diamonds, since two of them (including the supossed BubbleGum) were girls; but in a matter of two weeks those girls died (one week the N/N, the other week the Bubble) and i was left with an anormous male that was inmediately chopped down and thrown in the compost.

This happened in the last two weeks of January, mid summer for those who are not familiar with the season times over here. And i thought "Hey, i could throw a few seeds and see what happens, in the worst scenario i'd have as much weed as now", and so i did. From about 7 seeds, only one made it and happened to be a girl!

Since I am growing outdoors, i was afraid that she could not develop enough by the time the photoperiod changes, but she kinda did.

I really don't have a clue of what strain it could be, but i can tell according to all the photos i've been watching that it's some kind of sativa dominant.

Now, what do you think? Is it possible to estimate how much time i got from harvest?

As long as I can see on the magnifying glass i got, trichomes seem quite cloudy, i even see some amber in a few calyxes, but pistils are almost all white...

I'm pretty glad that she's actualy pretty frosty!

T

Teddybrae

I 'm in the southern hemisphere ... have a Sativa dom that just keeps on flowering. White anthers all over. So, thinking the sunlight is getting less every day ... there's not a lot of sun energy to make a LOT more flowers ... I figured I won't lose much extra growth if I harvest it now.
If I had your plant I 'd be tempted to withdraw water and let it die, then harvest when it's brown (but before it rots). Blow your head off that plant will!

Does it only get light from that window?

Oh no! As long as I am 24/7 at home because of the lockout, I move it where there is more light. At night I bring it inside (to protect it from the cold and light polution) and keep it next to a window that gets the first sun of the morning (my room is in a first floor). About 11 am i take it outside and leave it there until arround 5 PM, when the surrounding trees block the sun from the backyard, I bring it back home where it lies in that window that recieves the last rays of sun.

I 'm in the southern hemisphere ... have a Sativa dom that just keeps on flowering. White anthers all over. So, thinking the sunlight is getting less every day ... there's not a lot of sun energy to make a LOT more flowers ... I figured I won't lose much extra growth if I harvest it now.
If I had your plant I 'd be tempted to withdraw water and let it die, then harvest when it's brown (but before it rots). Blow your head off that plant will!

Don't you think it should have more brown/orange/red-ish pistils? I mean , nearly 80% of them are completely white...

starke

Even for a very sativa dom plant, those buds seem really immature. I'm guessing weeks and weeks to go.

El Timbo

My advice would be to put it somewhere completely dark at night for 12 or 13 hours - do you have a dark cupboard or an area you can curtain off?

TheDarkStorm

Its definitely some sativa type.....but iv seen that happen alot from heavy inbreeding. Usually I like those types..they dont yeild alot an most probably wont get more weight....just got to wait for it to get abit ripe...but the smoke is usually first class. Usually wats know as classical pearl, beaded or wild phenos....best advice...dont expect much weight, you'll end up with loads of round caylaxes ...but a very good smoke...good luck anyway... cut your light hours down to 10 hours light an 14 hours dark ..it may if your lucky get it to bud properly...but I personally dont think it will...thats usually a genetic anomaly

Even for a very sativa dom plant, those buds seem really immature. I'm guessing weeks and weeks to go.
Thanks!

My advice would be to put it somewhere completely dark at night for 12 or 13 hours - do you have a dark cupboard or an area you can curtain off?

The place where I keep it at night is completely dark (courtains blocking all the light from the street and no lights from the inside)

Its definitely some sativa type.....but iv seen that happen alot from heavy inbreeding. Usually I like those types..they dont yeild alot an most probably wont get more weight....just got to wait for it to get abit ripe...but the smoke is usually first class. Usually wats know as classical pearl, beaded or wild phenos....best advice...dont expect much weight, you'll end up with loads of round caylaxes ...but a very good smoke...good luck anyway... cut your light hours down to 10 hours light an 14 hours dark ..it may if your lucky get it to bud properly...but I personally dont think it will...thats usually a genetic anomaly

Great! I'm not expecting a big yield, motly considering that I started this grow very late. I wasn't even expecting it to work, to be honest... What took my attention was the presence of amber trichs on calyxes but the big amount of white pistils, kind of confused me, but it seems that I'll have to wait...

Also, i forgot to mention that it hermied, it had nanners here and there but i plucked them off (following the instructions i found in the site). Although, i don't really mind if i get a few seeds from it... Smells reeealy good!

Thank you all!

Sign

A shame you killed the boy, next time at least collect the pollen and read into storing it for the long term. You could paint a few of those flowers right on the main stem and rock and roll again.

A shame you killed the boy, next time at least collect the pollen and read into storing it for the long term. You could paint a few of those flowers right on the main stem and rock and roll again.

Yeah, I regret doing that. In my defense, all I knew back then was "female=good - male=bad". If I'd knew this forum back then I'd definitely done that!

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Welcome to ICMag!! :D

With any new plant I like to chop at 5%, 10% and 15% amber. Keep them labeled, see which you like the best. :)

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
weekz to go, milez to ride. not ready. under lightz, 10 on, 14 off. grew c99 under 13 on 11 off until near harvest then switched

weekz to go, milez to ride. not ready. under lightz, 10 on, 14 off. grew c99 under 13 on 11 off until near harvest then switched

Get an hps light. 12 hours on 12 off. Sorry but I’m not sure what’s going on with that plant.

I'm growing outdoors guys, the best I can do is ensure that it doesn't gets any light during night. It's early autumn here, so nights are quite long.

The girl got smelly AF in these few days and all the pistils are curly by now, almost 30% brown!