What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Gypsy Nirvana - Simple/Stupid Way - to grow good Cannabis - for £1/$1.20 -

Alogeno

Post apocalyptic grower
Next run you can try my zero budget aeropot if you like it:

IMG_6234.JPG

Fruit box + old cat sandbox.
Indoor works well, outdoor can be better i think!
You need 20lt of soil but it don't seems a problem...

What's wrong with perlite? The simplicity of the system and the obvious health/happiness of the plant none can deny. But I did find myself thinking.... "hmmm, if it were me I'd throw some perlite in there." lol

Cvh

Supermod
What's wrong with perlite? The simplicity of the system and the obvious health/happiness of the plant none can deny. But I did find myself thinking.... "hmmm, if it were me I'd throw some perlite in there." lol

Nothing is wrong with perlite. But there are also free alternatives, things you can even find around your home and use.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
The amount of time and money I would've saved had I listened to some of the older farts telling me I was pissing money into the wind. When I finally ditched the Ph meters and just let the soil do it’s thing, it was very liberating.

So true - the magic is in the soil - and it can be very forgiving -

Great looking garden! Wish I could grow on my patio. I’m in a legal state, but ambitious local teenagers have done well to keep things clandestine. Gotta keep my Dad face on at all times. Lol

Yes - it would be quite difficult for anyone to reach the balcony from the outside of my apartment block - unless they are free rock climbers - and so I doubt any locals/kids would risk trying to climb up there - naturally security is always important - so it helps that the plant is only just over 2ft tall - and can't be seen without the use of a drone or a helicopter from other balconies or facing windows.

Now this thread, I love. Great to see you back doing what you love. Protesting injustice! ;)

Nice plant, Gypsy!!! :respect:

dank.Frank

Thanks Frank - a righteous man is a militant man - where cannabis is concerned - so do we call this 'Urban Guerrilla Balcony Growing?' - lol

Nice plant, but there will be maximum 20 grams of nice dry flowers

Maybe you are right - and I am too optimistic as to what final dry weight I will get - I have always been accused of wishful thinking.

perhaps a little aeration? looking good regardless...dont chop yet! another 10days if you can hold out

Well - the idea was to grow simply with minimal cost - and I think that it has worked up till now - and will finish well real soon - I would have had to buy some perlite - so that would add to the cost - and I was trying to keep the cost down to £1 - or $1.20 approx - the plant seems not to have suffered due to any lack of root aeration so far - in the rich humus of this soil I also have a few sticks and stones that have probably helped with root aeration while the plant has been growing - and I have let it dry out occasionally - When I harvest the plant I will examine the rootball to see if it had any problems - but I doubt it.

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Next run you can try my zero budget aeropot if you like it:

View attachment 502505

Fruit box + old cat sandbox.
Indoor works well, outdoor can be better i think!
You need 20lt of soil but it don't seems a problem...

Hmmm ….looks very practical - so I shall look into it - kind regards.

I don't fancy that plants chances of being left for a full cure lol.

Me neither - since I am all out of anything else to toke on right now - but it would be a crime not to cure at least some of the plant - just to see the real quality of the finished buds.

I find it fucking awesome that even our founder posts sideways pics. Lol.
Nice plant gypsy!

What are your thoughts on your very first auto?

Having always grappled with technology - somehow I still haven't got the hang of taking pics with my smart phone - and having them come out here the right way up - silly me - and my thoughts on my very first auto are that I am VERY impressed at the speed of growth - and how vigorous the plant is - who knows - I might even be able to grow another one to finish around the middle of October here in the UK - if I start it now - and I have some Lowryder x Rhino seeds that might work hanging around.

Many years ago I did grow some cannabis ruderalis - which auto-flowers - but was not really impressed at all - so I thought all auto's might be the same as that - obviously I was very wrong - now this little beauty has changed my mind - and I'm up for growing more fast auto's in the future.

Going to be some nice golfballs on that lady when she finishes up

Lets hope so - already thats looking more than possible.

Last edited:

Busto

These are my C99 and Chemdog grown with only sun and water in my garden. Mom said soil was choosen to grow out veggies and fruit trees and all the garden has the same, i just choose the right spot.

This was around 2010/2011, just after joining ICMAG.

Chemdog

C99

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
These are my C99 and Chemdog grown with only sun and water in my garden. Mom said soil was choosen to grow out veggies and fruit trees and all the garden has the same, i just choose the right spot.

This was around 2010/2011, just after joining ICMAG.

Chemdog
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=39876&pictureid=943136&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
C99
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=39876&pictureid=1077706&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Obviously you grew those plants well - C99 has always been a top favourite of mine - 'Spank'in Gorgeous!'

Love the guerrilla grows and even more from you after all the mess you went through. hehe

Yes yesum - to be able to grow again - without paranoia after so many years of not being able to due to much legal attrition - is ultimately satisfying - even if it is only just the one plant.

Nice show Gypsy that's the way to show it pot of dirt and a nice outcome at the end cheap as chips :tiphat::good:

Now - if I could grow a kilo of bud for £1 - then it would be 'as cheap as chips' - but I dig what you mean mate - If I can get an ounce (28grams) for £1 - then it is very-very cheap.

wwhat about smashing some good old claybricks to pieces, and use it to aerate the medium ? it gives also some drainage and weights to prevent the pot to turn over :D
View Image

Brilliant idea mate - I will try and find a brick that I can smash-up to help aerate the next plant I grow outside - <Gypsy eyes the skip (waste construction material bin) outside> -

Latest posts

Latest posts