What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Gypsy Nirvana - Simple/Stupid Way - to grow good Cannabis - for £1/$1.20 -

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Recently I grew a plant with a minimalistic and very economical aim - to show new growers that cannabis cultivation can be done simply - and at a VERY low cost -

So many new growers get confused and overthink their cultivation project - thinking that they need all sorts of technological wizardry - and special, expensive additives, fertilizers and equipment - so within this thread - you will find how to do it without any of that bother - since cannabis growing is far from rocket science.

Cannabis has been grown outside in just soil for many thousands of years - so lets get started with the story of my plant - that has lived and bloomed for the past 2 months - on the balcony of a 3rd story apartment in London, England.

Outside my flat is a gorgeous apple tree - which every year produces more apples than anyone wants around here - so much of the fruit of the tree falls to the ground and rots away into the soil - and this has been going on for decades - this has helped to make that soil nutrient rich - and capable of growing a plant from start to finish without any additives or other nutrients at all.

picture.php

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I could see that the soil was so good - due to the yearly vegetable patch which produces lots of healthy veggies - that you see growing in the foreground - so this is where I got the soil from for my little one plant grow -

2 months ago I filled a pot I bought from 'The Pound Store' - for £1 - or $1.20 approx. - with the apple infused/composted soil from under the apple tree - I'm not sure of the volume of the pot - but it looked big enough to grow a little auto-flowering seed into a fully mature plant - I got the seed as a 'freebie' from some Spanish seed company - whose name I can't remember - nor can I remember the variety - since it came in a small vial with this strain card - which I must have lost a couple of years ago.

picture.php

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
As you can see - I haven't managed to get most of these photo's at the right angle - that's the stupid bit of this thread - so I hope that you will still bear with me - lol

There is all sorts of detritus in the soil - bits of twigs and a very few stones - and it has a nice dark brown colour - particularly when wet.

picture.php

This is the place I got my soil from - and I filled the pot 4/5th's full of it.

picture.php

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
It hasn't all been plain sailing - the last week we had big storms and 60mph gales/winds over the UK - so to try and protect my plant - I put it into a metal bin - with only the top cola peeking out - to stop it getting too mashed up by the weather - which was raging outside - sometimes pouring tropical style rain showers down on the plant.

picture.php

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
The only additive my plant has needed - is the occasional couple of pints of water - which I got from the sink - best to watch out if it has rained when you go to water it - and if the soil is already wet - then there is no need to water it - simple really - occasionally - about once a week I let the pot dry out overnight - then as soon as I saw the leaves wilting slightly - I would get water from the tap - and water the plant - till it was up to the brim - let it soak in - then do it again - once a day - You don't need special ph adjusted water - or any of that nonsense - since the soil is capable of regulating its own ph - so I have been told.

picture.php

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I'm thinking of harvesting the plant soon - maybe this weekend - it is the first ever auto-flowering plant I have ever grown - and the buds do look very nice - gets me salivating - thinking of the juicy buds - and wondering what sort of high it might give me.

Here are a few close bud-shots - to enjoy.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yes - we have many helicopters flying over my apartment block - and loads of planes - since I am between Heathrow and Gatwick airports - but since I am a passionate conscientious objector to the draconian cannabis laws - its like giving the finger to the establishment - and all they stand for - SCREW YOU - I'LL GROW MY PLANT REGARDLESS! - lol

Plants enjoy company - just like we do - so at the same time I started the auto-flowering cannabis plant - I planted a tomato seed - so now both plants are happy and growing together.

picture.php

picture.php

Cvh

Supermod
Very good idea of a thread. I started myself a composting bin last year and an outdoor (regular) veggie garden with my first batches of homemade compost.

The idea behind it for me was to stop paying the city to come and pick up my kitchen- and garden waste. And on the other hand to stop paying for (organic) gardening supplies in my local garden center. With as extra some free organic grown vegetables to eat.

The results are amazing, the city can skip my home when they come for the kitchen- and garden waste and I have a killer veggie garden going on with my homemade compost.
I literally save money 2 times this way and have free vegetables as well. Composting is truely awesome.

Upcoming year I hope to try and grow some Cannabis in my pure homemade compost.

Cheers.

Btw: your plant looks like it have some Amnesia Haze genes into it. It reminds me a lot like the Lemon Og Candy (Amnesia Haze X Super Lemon Og Kush) from Philosophers Seeds (a Spanish seedbank) I grew.
Either that or the Amnesika 2.0 also from Philosophers seeds.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Just now I measure the cannabis plant - and it is 26 inches or 66 centimetres tall - so it cannot be seen by anyone living around me in the other apartments and houses - not as if I worry too much about it being seen - but probably best not to let the whole neighbourhood know - someone also told me that currently the coppers are not interested around here - unless you have at least 9 plants growing - then they might be bothered to fill all the paperwork out - and bust you - its buddy - the tomato plant is much taller - and can be spotted from the street.

Just eye-balling the possible finished dry weight - I'd hazard a guess at an estimate of around 50-60 grams - maybe even 2 oz's? - we shall find out once harvested and dried in the coming couple of weeks.

Next time Wasabi.Will always do good in English weather.Very nice ganja plant btw.What kind of variety apple tree is it?

I'm not sure what the variety of apples are - there are hundreds of apple varieties - and its not a Cox nor a Granny Smith nor a Golden Delicious - nor any of the other few varieties of apple I know of - looks to be what we used to call 'Cooking Apples' - good for pies and making apple sauce. Question mexcurandero420: - what is 'Next Time Wasabi?'

Very good idea of a thread. I started myself a composting bin last year and an outdoor (regular) veggie garden with my first batches of homemade compost.

The idea behind it for me was to stop paying the city to come and pick up my kitchen- and garden waste. And on the other hand to stop paying for (organic) gardening supplies in my local garden center. With as extra some free organic grown vegetables to eat.

The results are amazing, the city can skip my home when they come for the kitchen- and garden waste and I have a killer veggie garden going on with my homemade compost.
I literally save money 2 times this way and have free vegetables as well. Composting is truely awesome.

Upcoming year I hope to try and grow some Cannabis in my pure homemade compost.

Cheers.

Btw: your plant looks like it have some Amnesia Haze genes into it. It reminds me a lot like the Lemon Og Candy (Amnesia Haze X Super Lemon Og Kush) from Philosophers Seeds (a Spanish seedbank) I grew.
Either that or the Amnesika 2.0 also from Philosophers seeds.
Give her a couple of more weeks, she doesn't look completely done.

A penny saved - is a penny made - my old Mum used to say Cvh - so yeah its good you compost your kitchen waste and use it to grow outstanding veggies and cannabis.

The first grow of a new grower is very important for them to get right - or they may never entertain the idea again - so this grow is designed to encourage anyone to grow their own - its very simple - and the plant does most all of the work anyway - plus the price of unknown grown 'erb around here is astronomical - At least you know that your plant has not been sprayed with any poisonous toxins - and it has been organically grown - by your own hand - and that is very satisfying.

Yes - I'll agree it does have the architecture of an amnesia type plant - and whatever it is - I'm sure I will be very happy and contented once I get a chance to imbibe the finished dried and cured product.

MedFaced

The amount of time and money I would've saved had I listened to some of the older farts telling me I was pissing money into the wind. When I finally ditched the Ph meters and just let the soil do it’s thing, it was very liberating.

Great looking garden! Wish I could grow on my patio. I’m in a legal state, but ambitious local teenagers have done well to keep things clandestine. Gotta keep my Dad face on at all times. Lol

Latest posts

Latest posts