What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Snype's Guide To Cloning In Rockwool Or Aeroponics With 100% Success Rates!

Snype

Veteran
Hey Snype ! Thanks for your tuts again. I decided to throw a quick bubble cloner together from spare shit lying around.
TBH tho , I kinda left out the whole sterile bit for my first try. I did a quick wash and clorox wipedown of a 10gal tub Ive had for ten years.
I painted the bottom black slapped a pair of 14 new airstones , mixed your hydro recipe for 5 gals and damn......
Its working.
And the kicker is , I got roots and nubs at day 3!
Wow, you are teh awesome for sharing your wisdom.
100% success rate too.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=59093&pictureid=1404231&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=59093&pictureid=1404230&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=59093&pictureid=1404229&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

:dance013:

Hi Snype!!!

I wanted to thank you for sharing your amazing methods to make clones, after 7 days the situation was it

View Image

View Image

Effective and ingenious!

Thank you very much! :)

:party:

M

marygrace

The brownish soft lookin ends of your cuts leads me to think your water temp was a little high. But if it works...don't fix something that ain't broken right? Congrats on 7 day beards!

You're right, the water temperature is about 27°C, the air temperature 25°C with 95% ur. I saw its rooted very well, next time i want to try the Snype rockwool method! Thank you Sunfire! Have a good weekend!

D Monkey

Snype, can't thank you enough for the excellent easy to follow instructions and the large photos.
I figured out several things I was doing wrong. Saw a huge root improvement in 7 days
To all of y'all who posted on the thread as well, you rock!

marmarb

Got my perma clone replacements can't wait to try your technique with my ez clone 60 how many gallong of water are you putting in.

Snype

Veteran
Got my perma clone replacements can't wait to try your technique with my ez clone 60 how many gallong of water are you putting in.

Refer to my other thread for that:

Snype's Cloning Formula For Root Nubs In 3 Days! Link in my signature. Remember that my EZ Cloner is an older model. It fits 10 Gallons but yours might not fit the same amount. Measure all your water.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Just Checking In Again - Got some roots on my rockwool clones and the hydro clones are moving along swimmingly.
Thanks again to you Master Snype

marmarb

Refer to my other thread for that:

Snype's Cloning Formula For Root Nubs In 3 Days! Link in my signature. Remember that my EZ Cloner is an older model. It fits 10 Gallons but yours might not fit the same amount. Measure all your water.

Yea I got the older model as well the new model is the 64 site

M

marygrace

I'm still here Snype :)

This time i have decided to use your rockwool recipe to see the differences between this 2 incredibles methods.

I hadn't the Thrive B1 , i then used the superthrive as for the aeroponic method.

Fastest clones had appeared first roots nubs after only 7 days, however I have cloned succesfull even tiny cut and in advanced flowering , in about 10 days.

Some pictures....
The fast one

picture.php

2 cuts together

picture.php

The smallest

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks again for this wonderful thread and sharing your valuable knowledge!!

See you soon! =D

Asotos

Snype, do you keep adding chlorine every 3-5 days or so ?
When you change out the solution ? Or itd doesnt need to be changed ?

Thanx for the aswome thread bro, thats exactly what i need atm, soooo fucking bad !!!!!!!!!!!

Asotos

Shit .... Anyone else ?
Also if the lid is needed with this method in the aero cloner ?

Im gonna follow your advise...

eebbnflow

what the correct ppm of that solution?
Hey Snipe great thread . I was also wondering the ppm of the solution?

I have been having some trouble cloning lately since 2014 . I loose 25% or more of my cuttings but I still get by.. Today I realized my poor success rate started when I switched over to coco using cocos nutes A+B . I mix a solution of A+B to 100ppm ph 5.5 . Soak 1inch cubes over night and clone them . Could I be using the wrong nutes ?

I remember back when I'd take clones soaked in RO/tap water ph unknown and have 95-100% success rate !
I gotta try snipes method . I hope someone can chime in here

eebbnflow

For anyone else wondering what the ppm comes out at . I decided to mix this up with r/o water and it comes out to a whopping 1.0ec or 520ppm on the 500 scale . Interested

frostqueen

Snype, do you keep adding chlorine every 3-5 days or so ?
When you change out the solution ? Or itd doesnt need to be changed ?

Thanx for the aswome thread bro, thats exactly what i need atm, soooo fucking bad !!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not Snype, but his clone solution is the best thing I have ever used. I add 6 ml/gal of the pool shock solution (1/4 tsp pool shock powder to 1 gallon water) every 3-4 days for the entire run and have never had bacteria or issues with 'too much chlorine'. The clones don't mind the chlorine at all. Hope this helps.

Also, I usually change out the cloner res for each clone run, but have done 2 runs with the same solution a few times and never had a problem. It stays sterile and the clones do fine. I wonder about how well the Superthrive lasts over 2 weeks, though... not sure if that breaks down or not.

Lyfespan

I'm not Snype, but his clone solution is the best thing I have ever used. I add 6 ml/gal of the pool shock solution (1/4 tsp pool shock powder to 1 gallon water) every 3-4 days for the entire run and have never had bacteria or issues with 'too much chlorine'. The clones don't mind the chlorine at all. Hope this helps.

Also, I usually change out the cloner res for each clone run, but have done 2 runs with the same solution a few times and never had a problem. It stays sterile and the clones do fine. I wonder about how well the Superthrive lasts over 2 weeks, though... not sure if that breaks down or not.

i believe superthrive is gone in a week or less Frost.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
I tried snypes formula with airstones and then in a aerocloner. Good for shit formula, now I use plain water with 4ml/gal of KLN and have 100% success ALL the time:biggrin: