What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Snype's Guide To Cloning In Rockwool Or Aeroponics With 100% Success Rates!

Snype

Veteran
In what media do you keep the mom's in ?
Thanks

It really depends on the grow and my needs at the time. If I need my MOMs to grow fast, I keep them in hydro in RDWC with hydroton as the medium.

If I want my MOMs to grow slower, I use Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil and just add water as I keep transplanting every few weeks into bigger pots. 2-3 weeks after it gets transplanted into the final pot, I'll have to add food because the soil will run out.

Don't over think things. Growing is very simple unless you over analyze everything. It doesn't matter what medium that you keep your MOMs in to get healthy clones. All that matters is whatever method that you choose, you will want to keep the MOMs happy the entire time.

I'm new to cloning, and i 've just sown some expensive seeds in soil to get mothers plants even though i 'm an hydro man. After a few days they needed water, i gave them water and they flipped into overwatering mode. They recovered and after they were in low food mode. LOL ! So i decided to transplant them into an hydro system (sprinklers) even if it's a shock, so i won't have to manage water and nutes.

Soil for me is very difficult to use indoor, as MJ don't use all the soil's food before asking for more food and get pale'ish. Hydro is more simple.

But sprinklers for the long term are not good as they tend to clog and need to be cleaned quite often. Maybe i should give a try to passive hydro, just coco or RW i mean just for the mom's.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
I'm new to cloning, and i 've just sown some expensive seeds in soil to get mothers plants even though i 'm an hydro man. After a few days they needed water, i gave them water and they flipped into overwatering mode. They recovered and after they were in low food mode. LOL ! So i decided to transplant them into an hydro system (sprinklers) even if it's a shock, so i won't have to manage water and nutes.

Soil for me is very difficult to use indoor, as MJ don't use all the soil's food before asking for more food and get pale'ish. Hydro is more simple.

But sprinklers for the long term are not good as they tend to clog and need to be cleaned quite often. Maybe i should give a try to passive hydro, just coco or RW i mean just for the mom's.
at the risk of being off topic.....
fwiw top feed sprinklers dont have to be clog prone. depends on what you run but i run a funky rez and i never get clogged. i have a dtw coco multifeed system. i run a external inline booster pump feeding octobubblers and fan jet microsprayers with top hats. works amazing. no clogging ever.
imo seeds should be started in < 4 ounces of soil by volume. i like 50-200 cell trays for new seeds. cells the sizeof a pill bottle. anything bigger and you get boggy soil and over/underfed plants super easy from ee

Sour Seed

snype ...
have you used h202 instead of bleach? or done a side by side? h202 would be a better solution (safer/less toxic) and can be found agro grade 29-34% concentrated. This is what I use..
Cannabis is an absorption plant..what goes in does not always leach out.
Great write up! Excellent work

Snype

Veteran
snype ...
have you used h202 instead of bleach? or done a side by side? h202 would be a better solution (safer/less toxic) and can be found agro grade 29-34% concentrated. This is what I use..
Cannabis is an absorption plant..what goes in does not always leach out.
Great write up! Excellent work

I haven't done a side by side but I've had many problems with H2O2 when I used it in RDWC or Aeroponics. H2O2 doesn't last long in the REZ so I prefer Chlorine.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
i always have a problem with floating algae fluffs when i put h2o2 in my rez. not sure why never solved it just stopped using it.

Sunfire

Veteran
...soooo, just finished another round of clones. Tried something new and used some low level botanicare nutes. I've done this before with decent success but it didn't work well at all. So I went back to what I always do, 1/4 tsp of superthrive per gallon, and that's it! Nubs were busting the next day after I did the water change!

Just a little superthrive and that's it has worked best for me. I have for sure found 75-80 degrees is best. No dome on the aero cloner and spray at least 3 times a day with same superthrive solution. I have had nubs in 48 hours and full blown bearded ladies within 5 days.

I also prefer MORE light. The best run I ever did was with a giant ezcloner 100 site and my turbo cloner 48 site sitting together in the veg. Room just to save on space. They were under multiple 400 watt lights and flipping loved it!. I use 3 different 20 watt CFL bulbs spaced out over the 48 site cloner to get more angles for better light penetration when I stick four clones in each site!

Rdub

A few extra steps

A few extra steps

This is my 3rd round of rockwool cloning with snypes mixture. I think your on to something with that combination. I tried following the instructions to a tee the first round, and didn't have great success. The modifications that I made to have almost 100% success rates by the third round were;

1) Using an xacto knife with cutting board to make clean, sterile cuts. Make sure to wipe down the surface with alcohol frequently.

2) Use a heating pad underneath the tray and dome. Buffer the heating pad to get warmth but not excessive heat.

3) Leave the vents closed on the dome for 5 days, but start the daily 3-5 min air exchange on day 3. Wipe down the inside of dome. On day 5, open the vents partially. Each day open the vents a little more. By day 7 the vents should be fully open. I had much better results doing it this way. This gave me strong fully rooted clones by days 10-12.

M

marygrace

Hi Snype!

Which one do you prefer of the two methods?

I bought a propagator ( x-stream, nutriculture) and i wanted to use your method in aeroponics. I wanted to ask if the air and water pump i had to keep them on 24h/24h? or i had to program the ignition?

bye !

Snype

Veteran
Hi Snype!

Which one do you prefer of the two methods?

I bought a propagator ( x-stream, nutriculture) and i wanted to use your method in aeroponics. I wanted to ask if the air and water pump i had to keep them on 24h/24h? or i had to program the ignition?

bye !

I prefer both methods and use both often. As far as your aeroponic cloner, you keep both pumps on 24/7. The pumps should never be off. Feel free to ask whatever questions that you need to understand the process.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Hey Snype ! Thanks for your tuts again. I decided to throw a quick bubble cloner together from spare shit lying around.
TBH tho , I kinda left out the whole sterile bit for my first try. I did a quick wash and clorox wipedown of a 10gal tub Ive had for ten years.
I painted the bottom black slapped a pair of 14 new airstones , mixed your hydro recipe for 5 gals and damn......
Its working.
And the kicker is , I got roots and nubs at day 3!
Wow, you are teh awesome for sharing your wisdom.
100% success rate too.

M

marygrace

Hi Snype!!!

I wanted to thank you for sharing your amazing methods to make clones, after 7 days the situation was it

picture.php

picture.php

Effective and ingenious!

Thank you very much! :)

Sunfire

Veteran
The brownish soft lookin ends of your cuts leads me to think your water temp was a little high. But if it works...don't fix something that ain't broken right? Congrats on 7 day beards!