What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sexing plant by pre-flowers

Pro Headies

Veteran
I think it will be a girl!

I have 1 question- i have 3 plants, 2 are showing sex- girls.
One are showing like medium size green bannanas! What it will be?

Male...If it looks like a banana or fork that when you push on opens up its a male. Lets see a pic.

aker

I will take picture as soon as i can! But those are looks like calyx , but these are much bigger than to other plants which are already popped up.
I think maybe the best i can do iz to can all plants down and only stay thise 2 girls, and maybe take some clones of them. What do you think? Whats the easiest way to take clones?

Pro Headies

Veteran
I will take picture as soon as i can! But those are looks like calyx , but these are much bigger than to other plants which are already popped up.
I think maybe the best i can do iz to can all plants down and only stay thise 2 girls, and maybe take some clones of them. What do you think? Whats the easiest way to take clones?

Easiest is a aerocloner, cheapest is cup of water. Have you ever cloned before? PM me and we can figure out your cloning situation.

aker

Pro Headies - Can you tell me what is the best soil/mineral/bloom for flowering period? i wont use nothing, but i think that i need to put something, for faster flowering. :)

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
why is when you have 10 seed and have space for 5 then all 10 are female but when you have 3 seeds and space for all then they all end up being male. :moon:

aker

Reg Dix - so true.I have space for 2 plants, and i have 9, and 3 pants already showing female, good for my friends haha

Pro Headies

Veteran
Id say male but not 100% sure. You got any more pictures of a different interlode thats showing sex? Also is it feminized seed or regular?

Jonnysact

That rest of the plant doesn't have anything as developped as this internode so there is little else to see even though it's in week 9 lol. I'm thinking male as well. The pistols on my other plant are so easy to spot and this one looks nothing like it.

Regular seeds.

Pro Headies

Veteran
When you push on the preflower with a toothpick does it open up like forks bunched together ? If so its male, thats what it looks like.

Jonnysact

I didn't push it with a toothpick, but I did take a look this morning and found this:

lxfeeAG.jpg

Male huh?

jdp420

Can anyone help me with sexing or is it too early on this one? This is my first grow by the way

Attachments

• 20150304_230314.jpg
    20150304_230314.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 60
I may have jumped the gun... but it was one of 2 plants in a net pot (with then intention of killing any males) so as soon as I saw mini-grapes I hatcheted. On closer inspection I could have waited... but who has the time! HASSANNNN CHOP!

Ingski

At what point in the life cycle of my plants should I throw them into flower for a week to sex them?

Latest posts

Latest posts