What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Got some problems.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Can you take a picture of the affected leaves; I still can't see them in the picture to far away :(

But the plants look amazing dude; what ever problem you have is showing it slowly......

KushaNator

By your judgment Stitch would you say that the def. is affecting flowering? for day 33 do you expect those colas to double their size in a week and a half, I know its hard to tell every strain is different but what would you say. Just by looking at the plant and how it is flowering she is going to be a much better yielder than anything I have ever grown in the past.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Ya, those are still P spots; sodium takes a long time to exit the plants system.. how much bloom are you using? when was the last time you checked your ph?

COnsidering the fact you had that issue, I am telling you they are on track if not a little more.

They do put on the most weight in the last 2 weeks of flowering so when you see an explosive bud growth you know you will be harvesting soon.

KushaNator

I am currently at 1/2 oz of pbp flower...bumped up from 1/4 oz due to the 3 weeks of flowering spurt that the NL shows "past experience". Should I go get some distilled water to flush with instead of the shitty city ::no pun intended:: water.

If so should I use some clearex because that helps rid of excess salt build ups right.

Just let me know what you think is the best option. I feel that every time I give her the nute mix she seems to suffer quite a bit and it breaks my heart ha ha. So I think I will take action as we both seem to agree and give her some fresh clean H20.

Honestly Stitch I wish you could smell her...she smells so good. I will smoke one for you tonight.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
1/2 oz is 3 teaspoons....... per gallon of water? thats a lot to use for a small plant like that; you may have a build up.....

You are showing more than one problem I know that......
I would try to use 1 tsp per gallon for now.....
Seems like you may also have lockout.... when was the last time you tested your pH?
If your ph is normal I would flush her out with distilled water; after that your next feeding I would add some calcium. Looks like she may have a little bit of a cal D going; that is as long as your pH is normal.......
I could not remember if you had a TDS meter or not......

You know your water PPMS?
Hard water can cause issues with absorbing of nutrients.

But with that much you are feeding sound like you were adding to much.

Also you may not have flushed very good; you said you used 1 gallon of water to flush her out right?
Normally you need 2x the amount of water to the size of the pot; so if you have 2 gallons size pot you need 4 gallons of water to flush her out right....

KushaNator

Here is something else that I have seen from this experience. It only spots really bad when I give her the feeding once a week. Can she be experiencing P toxicity, if there is such a thing, if so could it be leading to the calcium problem. The plain water seems to only slow the problem down/ help her out.

I will go buy some distilled water, 2 gallons mix one with clearex and one plain. give her a half a gallon with some clearex. Then another watering just plain water. After that if she turns around which she will, I will give her the last feeding she will ever see, then flush flush flush the last week and half to two weeks.

Man Stitch she smells so skunky and earthy. If you were near by I'd smoke a fat one with you! By the way work today produced a nice baggy of green...some unfortunate soul must have dropped it!

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Ya, I would flush her cause you did not flush her with a lot of water last time so there may still be junk left in the soil.
I have never seen a P Tox issue...... HOLY shit lol you got lucky!
You live in the US right?

KushaNator

I have given her approximately 1 gallon of water, as of now. I have a gallon to go, she is showing some signs of improvement but I hope she will make it to day 60. It is day 36 or 35 as of now. I will post a picture tomorrow with the next lights on. The spotting is still occurring...the bars I have been talking about have stopped so I think that problem is fixed. Now I am trying to fix whatever else the problem is. Stitch do you think she will make it to day 60-65 from the previous pictures all I want is a successful harvest.

I do not think it is a P issue, more of a calcium issue mainly due to my hard water and the P I have been giving her. I have read that an abundance of P can ultimately lead to a lock out of calcium which I assume is what I have. Will flushing her help with my problem and correct it or will it just slow the process down and enable me to finish with out the plant dying as a whole.

KushaNator

Today was a different day...noticed that the spots are spreading to unaffected areas. Tips of leaves are experiencing necrosis on the newer leaves "tops of colas" that are being developed. Just do not know what to do. She seemed to like the flush last time. As soon as I gave her nutes again she went to shit. So now here I am again flushing. I honestly hope she will make it to at least day 60 or recover somewhat. Besides the micro nutrient deficiency or lockout, she is doing fine.

Bud production is still occurring at a good rate and so is trich coverage.

Stitch I know plants near the end of flower...I am about to be in that stretch, their leaves begin to yellow and wither. How important are the leaves, I have about 23 days left in flower and she is showing that she is in bad shape. Do you think I can make it 23 more days with some minor leaf loss.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Well there is no doubt about it your plants will survive; you got pics of them now?
I read an article I will show it to you; sodium can damage the vascular intake and the salt is very much absorbed in the water (duh) but the damage is done when it accumulate in the leaves causing leaf scorching. So I think what you are seeing now is the damage left over in the leaves with the spotting; looks like calcium; your water is hard so you should have no issues with calcium.

KushaNator

Yea I will get one up asap tonight with the next lights on. Yea your probably right with the sodium issue. It is just some scary shit seeing the progress of the spots, ha ha. She has 2-3 more days until her next plain watering, when that happens it will make 2 gallons poured on her. By the way I made sure I got the non mineral/non sodium distilled water. Almost grabbed the bad shit by accident.

But I have noticed one thing, the upper parts of the plant is seeing less spotting on the new leaves "not so severe, but still appearing".

Besides this one problem with sodium...apparently my lady has high turgor pressure ::plant joke::, she is doing great. I am sad to say I wish I would have kept a clone of this lady she seems to be a very nice yielder with great resin production.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
If you get distiled water get some calcium suppliments in her; like cal mag or get some epsom salts mixed in every watering, but use like 1/2 teaspoon per gallon.

Cause you water her with calcium mag every watering with it in your tap water.

BEfore you harvest check on the lower branches and if you find a clone that is not woody take a cutting; you can still take cuttings in flowering but I would not recommend doing it after 1st week of flowering and up until before harvest.
So before harvest find a branch that is not woody on the lower part of your plant and if you find one clip it; those will be popcorn sized buds anyways; it's always better to cut those off before flowering. Anyways the woody stems are harder to clone the ones that are not so woody are easier to clone.

They will just reveg before rooting and take a little longer so make sure you get a good one with some nice fan leaves; not to big but not to small.

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
Good Morning!

Good Morning!

KushaNator said:
How do you suggest repotting. When I say this girl is fully rooted I mean you can pull her out of the pot and see her huge root ball. If I felt safe enough to do that I would but in all honesty I think I would just do more damage that way. Yes I know that would solve the problem immediately, what would you do rinse the root ball under water?
Well I'm not sure what ta make of the whole situation lol but I think this plant is root bound,esp after readin this post^^.If I'm not mistaken he said it was in half gallon pot,that's purdy small.These problems all go hand in hand with bein root bound too.Kush,when repotting there's no need ta rinse the soil of off the roots,jus put her ina bigger pot.Since ya flushed all ready you prolly got out most all of the salts anyway (If that's what yer thinkin?).About the salts,if plant is receiving too much salt it will reverse the "turgor" or osmonic pressure in an effort ta push the salt away.This is very clear ta see when it happens,the the whole plant droops and the leaves curl.Most of the time (not all the time) if a plant reaches this stage,the plant is doomed.Not sayin some of these symtems weren't caused by salt,but I think it bein rootbound is more the culprit....Anyhoo,not tryin ta step on anyones toes here,jus tryin ta help.Good luck with the rest of yer grow! Take care...BC