What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shiva Shanti

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
I brought Shiva Shanti seeds back home from Amsterdam a few years ago along with a few other packs purchased from the Sensi Museum Coffeshop. (all of which germinated 100% incidentaly)

The beans were stored in the freezer for a year or so until I popped half a pack of them. I gew them indoors under a 400w hps, ending up with 4 nice fat females. In that batch I found a garlic bud pheno which smelled and tasted absolutely fantastic. The others surprisingly did not have much of a smell to them at all.

The garlic bud pheno is a deep spicy and pungent smell which is very, very plesant and different to anything else I have tried. Definately a keeper and I would think there should be at least one of these in a pack, although I only found just the one. This female I was planning to reveg because I liked it so much, but alas and lamentably when I harvested the plants I found a few nanners on that one plant, so I decided not to keep it. I found this particular plant had a slightly different structure to it as well. The leaflets were a little thinner, it had a little more stretch to it, and the colas were more spear shaped rather than more rounded on top.

The second half of that pack of seeds was grown out about a year or so later. 3 females were grown also under a 400w hps, and 1 was gifted to a friend who grow it outdoors organically. The indoor batch yielded really well producing fat and dense heavy buds but the quality was not amazing in that batch. I did not find any keepers, although all of them yielded really fat. My buddy on the other hand grew the one female I gave him organically outdoors (in Australia) and this bud was amazing. It wasn't the garlic bud pheno, infact it didnt smell very strong either, but in the cure a wonderful lemony scent developed which I really enjoyed. On top of that the bud was really potent and had quite a stimulating effect while still being obviously an indica. It was by far the best weed from his outdoor garden that year. The last of the buds were treasured for a long time before they ran out.

Over all this strain is quite easy to grow and definately yields fat indoors. They stay relatively short, but there is some stretch there, not like some indicas, this one does have some stretch to it (which is good). Shiva Shanti produced the heaviest, densest buds I have grown. Not all are keepers though. I really rate the garlic pheno highly. That deep spicy, pungent aroma is excellent. This is the pheno I am sure Shiva Shanti is supposed to be. Being a 3 way hybrid, there is a degree of penotypic variation, but appart from the smell, and minor differences in structure, Shiva Shanti is quite a stabile strain.

The smoke was by far the best in the organic outdoor batch my friend grew. It was a lot more potent than the indoor grown herb. Over all I found Shiva Shanti quite stimulating for an indica. I still wouldn't call it daytime week, but its not really couchlock. The indoor batches were of average potency.

Ok here are the pics:

these first 2 pics of the vase flower arrangement are from the first run I did. (I also made that vase myself)

10160SHIVA_-SHANTI_00147_1-med.JPG

10160SHIVA_SHANTI_.jpg

this pic is of the dried and cured bud from the outdoor batch my friend grew

10160Shiva-_Shanti_888968000000000000000000000000000000000000000011.JPG

Last edited:
G

Look very nice. I like Shiva Shanti, there is a fair bit of variation, 3 main phenos and possibly a couple of less common ones. I agree about the garlic pheno, that is the most Afghani one as the Afghan genes are the source of the garlic taste.

agro

:yes: excellent report bro shiva is in my top 5.one clone out door

later i post some dry buds

SmokeyPufmaster

Veteran
HI Ezra, I have the exact same experance as you. While in Amsterdam back in 2002 I bought some Shiva Shanti ll's. But unlike you I haven't germed them yet. I heard that you have to find the right pheno and that you might need several packs to do so. You seemed to have found it in your first five seeds. I have so meny things to get around to but I need to pop them before too long. Thanks for the report it was very good reading.

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
thanks for the props eveyone.

indicalover - not sure of the finishing date, but I believe it did finish quite early. We found that it triggered into flower immediately upon being placed outdoors. It then revegged as the day length was still quite long, before flowering again. This type of flower response is not really a desireable trait for outdoor growing. You might have to adjust the day/night length slowly indoors before planting out to avoid the immediate flower response. I also imagine Shiva Shanti would be susceptible to mold due to its heavy, dense flowers. Its really an indoor strain IMO, but of course given the right climate and conditions, outdoors can be very nice.

redrider - I dont think Shiva Shanti II would be likely to contain as many garlic bud phenos, and it would be much less stabile. I would personally stear clear of it and go straight to the Shiva Shanti. Would be interesting to see a grow report on it though.

SmokeyPufmaster - I think with the Shiva Shanti II, you might need to start more than 1 pack to find a keeper as its a 4 way hybrid and would be unstabile. I think you will probably find some nice plants from a pack though. Might be good if you like variety. I would go for the original Shiva Shanti and find a nice garlic bud pheno!

- Ez

agro

- ezra - said:
thanks for the props eveyone.

I also imagine Shiva Shanti would be susceptible to mold due to its heavy, dense flowers. Its really an indoor strain IMO, but of course given the right climate and conditions, outdoors can be very nice.

- Ez

i agree with you its more a indoor strain,but i grow them both ways and i find that out door buds were more soft allowing a better air circulation so less mold possibility.in south of europe she will end at end of oct or week 1 of Nov. even today is difficult to say which i prefer,out door have more garlic taste in door is more strong and better yield.hope you don't mind i post some pics

side by side bud left out right in

586in_out-med.jpg

in door bud

586rr.jpg

586close.jpg

out door

586IMG_0947.JPG

peace

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
agro - great pics! Your pheno has a different structure and also more red hairs than tho ones I grew. Looks a bit more airy, specially the outdoor bud. The outdoor plant my buddy grew was also dense like to indoor stuff. Both out and in look excellent agro. Organic?

- Ez

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Great pics, I love Shiva Shanti and we happen to have a bunch of some very old incrossed seeds somewhere...:D

A.N.Other

Lovely pics ezra.

I grew the Hemcy version of this strain a couple of years ago. It was more stable than the Sensi version but again like posted above threw out a couple of (non stress related) nanas late in flower.

Almost exactly the same plant and bud structure as displayed in your pics.

Great yielder, great bud structure and a solid if not mind blowing aroma and taste. Worth a try if you like the Sensi version and you have time to keep an eye on them.

I briefly had a source for this strain, how delicious! I was kind of taken aback. it's an "after work" smoke IMHO.

I had a friend who kept a the last gram of the 3.5 I got him for 6 months! all the while he was smoking whatever commercial crap came around, just sitting on that precious gem waiting for the right moment that called for it.

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
^^^ yea thats me. I am mostly into skat now. Here is a piece you you:

bippity-bippity-doo-wop-razzamatazz-skoobie-doobie-bee-bop-a-lula-shabazz

G

Hey ezra, do you use cannabis as a source of inspiration and creativity for your performances?