What's new

When you buy seeds online, what trust signal you seek?

Tranquilidade

The question is relatively simple, and straight forward. When you buy seeds online, what trust signals you are looking for?

For example:

1. Age of seedbank
2. In store reviews
3. External site reviews
3. Forum reviews
4. Word of mouth
5. Terms of service / Privacy policy
6. Shipping and return policy
7. Other (please specify in comments)

Thanks

Koondense

Veteran
Hi,
personally I prefer buying directly from seed makers or their affiliated distributors, never want to deal with shiny seed vendors who throw tons of free seeds.
Get your seeds as fresh as possible.

Cheers

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
^ Exactly that. My trust signal is buying the seeds directly from the breeder who created them.

M

moose eater

Preferably long-standing with positive rep, few complaints, ***folks who I personally know vouching for positive experiences, reasonable pricing, they carry the specific strains being sought (when I go looking, I'm usually looking for something specific), original breeder packs, and, these days, preferably domestic, as it alleviates the increased worry of crossing federal borders with a single packet with a name and address on it.

But I order seeds from a distributor only maybe 1 x every several years, at most, and I still have seeds here I haven't taken the time to sprout.

RB56

Veteran
I know no one in the real world, so seed banks are it for me. I prefer vendors with a forum on this site. Tells me they are contributing to sustain this site and the forum provides customer feedback and can show how the seed bank deals with problems.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi,
personally I prefer buying directly from seed makers or their affiliated distributors, never want to deal with shiny seed vendors who throw tons of free seeds.
Get your seeds as fresh as possible.

Cheers

We are very generous in our seed sales both on GLG and direct. Just because you receive an abundance doesn't mean we're shady.

Koondense

Veteran
We are very generous in our seed sales both on GLG and direct. Just because you receive an abundance doesn't mean we're shady.

That was intended for commercial seed banks without affiliation with seed makers. I tend to avoid such places. "Shiny", not shady.
I'm sure you don't fit in these categories ;)

The point is to get the best and freshest seeds, properly stored and of course to support breeders directly which is always a pleasure and a sign of respect IMO. Some seed resellers often don't have proper storage and seeds can get lower germination rates while you(as a buyer) still pay the whole price and get less plants(and happiness) for the money.

Cheers

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That was intended for commercial seed banks without affiliation with seed makers. I tend to avoid such places. "Shiny", not shady.
I'm sure you don't fit in these categories ;)

The point is to get the best and freshest seeds, properly stored and of course to support breeders directly which is always a pleasure and a sign of respect IMO. Some seed resellers often don't have proper storage and seeds can get lower germination rates while you(as a buyer) still pay the whole price and get less plants(and happiness) for the money.

Cheers

Ohhhhh! Ok! Gotcha! :dance013:

BambinoOG

I have always used Attitude and never had a problem.got dough-lato from Archive from them 10 days and arrived . Jinxproof wife ms rose sells beans online direct ive gotten from her through instagram. They carry jinxprood exotic and heroes of the farm. Ive ordered from seedsherenow although their new website sucks. Attitude for the win if your not on IG. The breeders post where they will be doing drops so that helps.:dance013:

grayeyes

I obtain seed only from breeders. And I trade not buy.

I just won't support feminized seed which serves only the seller who then has you hooked into buying more feminized seed.

That is how Arjan is ruining landraces. He trades feminized seeds for purer landrace then sits on it to breed more feminized hybrids.