What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Love Potion strain

does anyone still remember love potion from reeferman seeds?
I have never tried it but it has always interested me reading about it

what has your experience been with it and is it still grown by many?

thank you for your time

clearheaded

yup i remember... ask barneys lol. correct me if i am wrong but its there "honey b" var?

see it in canada at dispenserys

Thesearch

It's findable in bud form in vancouver and victoria but I am unable to find it in seed form currently. Reeferman sells a couple of love potion crosses now but not the original. It is an amazing strain that is not what honey b is described as in my opinion, but I haven't tried the honey b yet. The love potion #1 strain I know is lemony, piney, hazey and has a skunky background. It's an amazing strain that tastes like a combination of some of the best strains you've had and provides a fairly strong stimulating sativa effect conducive to good conversation and general intimacy. One of my favourite strains of all time.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Research "Super G" made by a member here. It was love potion #1 on steroids, basically.

dank.Frank

Ktaadn

I tried some "Love Triangle" recently that was apparently a cross of Love Potion and Triangle Kush. It was decent with uplifting effects. I remember hearing great things about the effects of the LP but never had the opportunity to sample the original.

kumo_kuma

Research "Super G" made by a member here. It was love potion #1 on steroids, basically.

dank.Frank

Just went way down the rabbit hole. For the last year, I've been trying to find what I can about a cut that goes around Ohio, called simply "G". Similar in ways to the Lemon G, but a "darker" overall profile.
I had always seen the Love Potion associated with the lemon G, but it's one of several theories concerning the progenitors.

squatty

I only have experience with his auto version. I was able to get the auto version directly from him a couple of years ago when he was offering strains briefly. I was interested in a regular seed auto with good mold resistance. The description of his Love Potion Auto emphasized the mold resistance. I made some seeds and grew out a few the next year. We got rain at just the wrong time and two females exploded with botrytis. I don't think I'll be growing any more of them. More pictures in my albums if you're interested.

Thesearch

Just went way down the rabbit hole. For the last year, I've been trying to find what I can about a cut that goes around Ohio, called simply "G". Similar in ways to the Lemon G, but a "darker" overall profile.
I had always seen the Love Potion associated with the lemon G, but it's one of several theories concerning the progenitors.
Love potion is Santa Marta Colombian Gold crossed with g13, then backcrossed to the SMCG [ (smcg x g13)x smcg ]. Lemon G is just G13 x SMCG
The problem with G13 crosses is that there are far too many chemovars being called G13 to begin with, so a similar cross can have vast differences. I would assume the "G" would refer to G13 (possibly just another phenotype of Lemon G though)
I have tried both and they are greatly different. Lemon G is to me, a lemony hybrid strain, dime a dozen, but Love Potion is incredibly organoleptically complex and seriously tastes and smells like the all dressed chips of weed. You can smell many varieties in just this one. Pungent pine, pungent lemon, pungent haze (terpinolene) and a background of skunky to hold it all together. I've never smelled a variety that held all those qualities so prominently. Truly a unique strain, and it's sad to see it may be dying.

right

It seams a lot of rm' s strains are only available @ Barney . I would be interested in knowing which is which . I loved amnesia lemon , and have always wanted to try lp. I would like to buy Willie Nelson, lp and some others from rm but he seems to have dropped the ball especially with sativas.

WelderDan

Veteran
I remember reading about a rare root beer pheno in LP, anyone got more info on that?

Back when Reef still had his original site and this was a popular strain, it was THE pheno everyone wanted. It was rare and much like the Cherry AK pheno, it was much coveted. I never got the chance to try it, but people RAVED about it. But then the shit hit the fan for RM, he got into a world of shit and, well life moved on.

kaochiu

Veteran
Kept and spread a lemon pheno out of a single pack of LP1, in Spain. I dunno about the rootbeer, 'cos I don't know how rootbeer tastes like, so it must be the ones that didn't have lemon in it. Which I discarded, but again, a one-pack.
In fact the cut chosen was also almost discarded for its sensibility to light, but it was fixed by pulling off the few nanners and they normally didn't appear again in the shared cuts, (until someone else would mess with photos or whatever light leak). But the results were good enough to take the risk. I never had unwanted seeds from it.
The high was not very powerful, but it was very uplifting, the sort of make you happy and smiling for no reason, "day strain" as they put it.
Also, I've tried LP1.1 and LP2, again only a pack of each, but both were a waste of time, no resemblance to the original and bad quality altogether.

Cloneman

Veteran
old seeds

old seeds

This thread reminded me i did the LP about 12 years ago may be more, nice lemony sat.
Any way I hit my old Super Silver Haze with a nice looking male LP and gifted the seeds to a few people (bonecarver, fat fredy's cat, etc) around the world (I'm in the UK).
So I looked in the fridge and found a film canister half full of seeds with LP on it, must be hundreds there. Hopefully these are the SSH x LP, which I never grew out till 2 years ago, tried 7 of them for viability and got 3 fems from 7 so not bad really. But i had a security scare and had to cull them, bummer.

Im doing seeds in a few weeks so will try them then, we will see....?

Hookahhead

Hey Thesearch you may want to read over the ICMag TOS located here:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=280

IC Mag Site Policy - Terms of Use (TOU)

Introduction: www.icmag.com is a privately owned site hosting international members and viewers. As such, our Terms of Use (hereafter referred to as TOU) reflects that which best serves a global membership. While we understand that there are conflicting laws across the globe, and what might be considered legal in one place is considered illegal in another, as a member you will be expected to follow our international posting guidelines. Our TOU is for everyone's benefit and applies to ALL members of this site regardless of one's location, therefore we reserve the right as a privately owned site to edit inappropriate posts, and keep forums full of quality postings and images.

You must agree to these conditions to become, or continue to be, a member in good standing.

7. Solicitations: Threads or posts soliciting or offering the buying/selling/trading/swapping/testing/giving of seeds, clones, pollen, cannabis, hash, money or any other substance or article is not permitted and will be deleted, with the member subjected to banning without warning. Threads or posts dealing with illegal drugs other than cannabis are not permitted and will be deleted.

robotwithdreams

Veteran
What's the chances you might be persuaded into sending a few my way??

Cannabisandthesearch@gmail.com

Would be very appreciated. Let me know how I may persuade you ;)

Or you can check out seedbay , they have a love potion crossed to sams haze x skunk. Couple different crosses with with those genetics, relatively inexpensive.

Thesearch