What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Incredible MUTATION

Tiobiloot

Hi,
I share my pictures of one of my Critical Lemon from Lamota Seeds.
6 weeks of flowering.
Without any apical pruning, it was divided into three branches.
Two polyploid twin branches and a normal one!
25 years of gardening, this is the first time I have seen such a strange and beautiful phenomenon. I make this hypothesis: two plants in a seed that have fused together?

Attachments

• Philo (4).jpg
    Philo (4).jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 20170119 224920
    20170119 224920
    46.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Philo (1).jpg
    Philo (1).jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 52
  • Philo (5).jpg
    Philo (5).jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 55

PDX Dopesmoker

Congratulations on finding something truly freaky and thanks for sharing the photos. Do you have cuttings from the fasciation branches?

Tiobiloot

Thanks PDX Dopesmoker,
No, I didn't have the reflex to make cuttings. I do this session from fems. Usually I only clone my regulars.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
She's a witch! BURN HER!!! (After being properly dried and cured of course. :D )

QQNPK

Hi,
I share my pictures of one of my Critical Lemon from Lamota Seeds.
6 weeks of flowering.
Without any apical pruning, it was divided into three branches.
Two polyploid twin branches and a normal one!
25 years of gardening, this is the first time I have seen such a strange and beautiful phenomenon. I make this hypothesis: two plants in a seed that have fused together?

Damn thats crazy cool ! It looks trippy as hell lol

QQNPK

Is there a chance my 2 tails will do that?

Probably not, i they are 2 different phenomenon yours is more likely twins but im just quessing :tiphat: you"ll see what you have once that seedcap is off do show pics of what happened please thats interesting stuff :biggrin:

Tiobiloot

I have found this in Thai and Thai mixes more than just one time. Fasciation can really split things beyond two..
Thank you! I had the chance to see several mutations during my gardening years (Stringy on a 1024, poly-embrionnars on a JTR...) But this time, it exceeds everything I've seen...:tiphat:

nickman

Veteran
I’ve had it happen to me twice in the last two years. I have pics in my diary Dungeon of the Dank. I have the plant growing right now actually. The branch is flat s hell. All kinds of leaves coming out all over.

F

Frylock

never seen anything like that myself, only online.... i have seen a few times where side branches are connected to the main stem halfway between the nodes though.
Like they come from where the petiole meets the stem but are still fused to the main stem until halfway up the node before growing outwards.

PDX Dopesmoker

I’ve had it happen to me twice in the last two years. I have pics in my diary Dungeon of the Dank. I have the plant growing right now actually. The branch is flat s hell. All kinds of leaves coming out all over.

Is there any utility to the fasciation flowers over regular shaped ones? I looks to me like flat, semicircular buds could fit in a grinder just perfectly if you had two of them.

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Saw this a couple of times in the years, ended with nothing special.

I think this trait is related to polyploidy.

:wave: