What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2018

T

Teddybrae

U S servicemen that first brought football to Germany? Gridiron football maybe ...

But I wanted to say that the way Aussies play Rugby League Football ... without ANY armour at all ... leaves you Yank footballers looking like

kittens.

and we all know Germany didn't win the Soccer World Cup.

shithawk420

Veteran
Yank footballer kittens?! Lol say that to a 300lb linebacker who benches 400lbs and then we'll talk limey

MrBungle

Teddy your logic is backwards.... The more pads they wear, the HARDER they hit, with less fear of consequences...... There was a rugby player that came to play football not too long ago.... He was supposed to be one of the best in Australia if my memory serves me correctly... He didn't last too long, 1 or 2 seasons I think

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah,I ment Rosatis baba.my keyboard is fucked.didnt know Giordano's was nation wide.but Rosatis is the best bar none.even got my dead buddies sweater when he did a job there.for thin crust it's good.i could name almost every pizza joint in Dupage county though.pretty much the same but Scuttlebutts in Downers Grove used to have a buy one get one free if you picked it up.decent pizza too.that was the go to pizza on football night for us cheap bastard's

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
im a fan of rugby too, teddybrea; more into the 7s style of play but also enjoy the traditional game,even if i dont understand all the rules
/go all blacks
like mr B said, its kind of a false comparison; the pads actually make the american game a lot more physical
/think of punching your hand into a brick wall, with the bare hand im not going to really chuck em' that hard, but give me even a lightly padded glove and you can hit a lot harder without hurting yourself
the pads arent there to protect the guy getting hit, its to protect the guy doing the hitting

san diego used to have a player named darren bennet who came from aus rules football.
if i remember right, he won a contest to come to america and try out for a professional football team and ended up making the chargers roster as a punter
/he kind of revolutionized the position from what i understand with his style of kicking so the ball just fell dead once it hit the ground instead of bouncing

eta: ive heard the term gridiron before to distinguish between foreign football (soccer) and traditional american football

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Yank footballer kittens?! Lol say that to a 300lb linebacker who benches 400lbs and then we'll talk limey

not to split hairs hawk', but arent limeys englishmen?;teddyb' is from down under (an english penal colony)
im not sure what the slang for an aussie is...

/they call americans: seppos (wtf does that even mean?!?),

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Maybe germany needed to play their younger players more in the world cup? I guess they went with experience over younger legs, which didn't work out, but hindsight is always 20/20.
I was actually rooting for england in the world cup, especially once they made the semi finals. But croatia played their hearts out all tournament, give them credit.

Rugby's a rough sport for sure. It used to be thought that without the heavy plastic armor of football, rugby players dont use their helmets as weapons as much and so arent damaging their brains, but i think recent research shows that not to be the case...

I looked up giordano's locations, and besides the midwest (except Wisconsin, no chicago style pizza in packer-land) they have a couple locations in florida, one in AZ, two in nevada. So not really nationwide i guess.

Besides the big chains, you can always find a few mom and pop type pizza shops that sell a decent pie for cheap. There's one in the north burbs that sometimes burns your crust, and if theyre busy the wait is hella long, but no pie there is more than $13. I always manage to snag a pizza there once or twice a year.

Adrian peterson was signed to a minimum 1year contract by the redskins after derrius guice tore up his knee; he had a couple of good games last year and 4 bad ones, i expect more of the same.
Isaiah wynn, the patriot's top draft pick, tore his achilles in their 2nd preseason game, which hurts their o-line depth.
ravens and colts played last night, luck didnt look great but he was without his top receiver and they ran some vanilla offense - nothing that will look like their real offense.
Lamar jackson once again completed less than 50% of his passes. At this rate, he likely wont get any starts during the real games, but that's not unexpected - the ravens cant get rid of flacco until after this season anyway and lamar could use a prep year.

sqounk

NFL nut here...

NFL nut here...

I usually post at ******** but it's down. Patriot fan lifetime here bring on the insults!!!:dance013:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
no worries hawk, it was all in fun; if you were really heated im sure it would have been a lot worse

i was kind of rooting for mexico in this last world cup; they surprised a lot of people with how well they played
have you every had the take and bake deep dish pizza they sell at costco,baba'?
other than taking like an hour to cook those things are awesome!
maybe next time we are in az we will look for giordano's; even if its not the authentic experience it sounds good
i mentioned how we could get the lou malnattis pizzas delivered and the mrs was actually on board! maybe we will be having a couple shipped one of these days
i hope AP has a good season in washington; i think he still has a few touches left in him but the skins were really hoping they found a winner in this kid guice
rams play the texans this week and maybe we will see some of the starters suit up
i guess they dident want to play their #1's against the raiders (they open the season against them)
one thing i noticed is how sloppy the raiders looked under their new head coach
we will see how the raiders start the season off, but i wasnt impressed with the way the second and third string players played

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Nice to see you here Sqounk. Always good to see another bandwagon pats fan on this forum.

I remember mexico beat germany in the Cup, but lost in the round of 16. They've consistently made it to the second round but can't advance past that. It'd be off the hook here if they advanced to the semi-finals or finals; there's a large mexican population in chicago.

I checked out malnati's prices, and it's like $19-$32 bucks (the more you order, the less per pie) for a small pizza, 9 inches. That includes 2 day shipping in dry ice though. But still, pretty steep, and they dont even offer the chicago classic for shipping - it's bascially their sausage pizza with extra cheese on a butter crust. Although the classic may not be that much different than their regular sausage...
If you go to AZ once in a while, maybe a better bet would be to visit their 3 locations there: 2 in phoenix and 1 in scottsdale. You can also pick up frozen pies from their stores if you like what you tasted, and get it cheaper than having it shipped to you.

Turns out aj mccarron just had a bruised collarbone, not a fractured one. Still, the bills are likely to start josh allen in week 1, he's looked pretty good so far. Then again, mitch trubisky looked good in preseason last year, but in 12 starts threw for 7 tds and 7 ints.

Sam darnold has been playing and practicing well enough that the jets are probably going to trade teddy bridgewater, who has also looked very good. Not sure who they would trade him to, any team he goes to the incumbent QB would have to feel like that's a vote of no confidence.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
i wonder what the jets think they will get for bridgewater
read a dr report about his knee injury and it sounded pretty bad, if they could prove he could still play i bet he would be worth a lot more
but then why would they want to trade him?
but qb's are worth their weight in gold right now and if he went to a team with an aging starting qb, i could see him being a good contingency plan
maybe we will head out to az sometime, or just grab a deep dish at costco; just something to hold me over
its still hot so im not trying to turn on the oven for an hour, so we are not in any hurry
we are going to this burger place called habit tonight
im totally cool with going to fudruckers but the mrs wants to try this new place out
i could only imagine what it would be like if mexico had advanced farther than they did, this is the team that triggered seismic sensors in mexico city, basically the only things that do that are earth quakes, masive bombs and mexican soccer fans!
man, im ready for some football!

Badfishy1

i wonder what the jets think they will get for bridgewater
read a dr report about his knee injury and it sounded pretty bad, if they could prove he could still play i bet he would be worth a lot more
but then why would they want to trade him?
but qb's are worth their weight in gold right now and if he went to a team with an aging starting qb, i could see him being a good contingency plan
maybe we will head out to az sometime, or just grab a deep dish at costco; just something to hold me over
its still hot so im not trying to turn on the oven for an hour, so we are not in any hurry
we are going to this burger place called habit tonight
im totally cool with going to fudruckers but the mrs wants to try this new place out
i could only imagine what it would be like if mexico had advanced farther than they did, this is the team that triggered seismic sensors in mexico city, basically the only things that do that are earth quakes, masive bombs and mexican soccer fans!
man, im ready for some football!

Many are saying a 2nd Rd pick (jimmy G equivolent) or starting o line is Teddy’s trade value. Dolphins should pick up Bridgewater and have a legit competition for starting qb although preseason week 4 isn’t the best time for that.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Aight...RAIDER NATION back in the house!
That's right. The ONLY NATION. All other 'nations' in sports are just riding our bandwagon! FACT

And don't sleep on my boys! Remember 2016? Then of course, the firing of the OC who ran the #6 offense in the league? And then replacing him with a 9 yr old quality assurance assistant for 2017? Thanks jack!
And yes, I know Khalil is still holding out. And no, he won't sit out season. Fun fact: If he does sit out, our revamped defense would be BETTER this year WITHOUT Mack then it was last year WITH Mack! That's right, I said it!!!! Do I need to say it again? Imagine this year's D when Mack comes back!!!!! WHY would I say something so crazy? Not just because of positional upgrades, but coaching upgrades. We got rid of jack's other immense mistake, and instead of a decent linebacker coach coordinating our D, we got Paul muthafukn Guenther!
Already called Vegas for a hunny on the 33 to 1 odds they put on raiders. Winning a superbowl requires unforseen circumstances, at BEST, but 33 to 1 will always interest me.
Oh ya, #fucktombrady

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
And you all are my witnesses! Always the possibility I will be once again banned for life before superbowl, so mark my words now! Haaha

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
/hat starts to spin and smoke comes out of my ears
this guy! welcome back man
and what about the offense? is carr going to be back on point
the west is wide open and it could be anyones year
hope you stick around,bruh its going to be a good season

#f deanspanos

MrBungle

This season is going to be much more enjoyable for Browns fans.... It seems like they have good top end talent, but then the drop off is steep after that... The most obvious need is a little depth in the O line, couple decent run blockers...

They shoulda scored at the goal line, but I don't think Haley was going to give up any kinda real goal line plays, 3 passes, just seems a bit vanilla to me... Oh Well another great win that counts for shit...

If our key players can stay healthy I'm feeling pretty good though

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
im sure things will be better this season but i think the browns have just started their rebuilding process
hopefully some of the young players take the next step in their development
there are a few bright spots on your roster like you said, mrB and who knows who is set to have a break out season this year

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
How was that Habit burger place, Pop? There's a burger place in the burbs here, burgerfi, that makes a mean cheesebuger, and they also have excellent fries and onion rings. They're mostly in FL though.
Also, 5 guys is always a solid option, and i love that they always give you a ton of fries.

Bridgewater has looked really good for the jets, accurate and strong armed, moves well even though he had about the worst knee injury you can imagine. If he can be a franchise qb for some team, he's well worth a high draft pick. Though Tannenhill wont like it if the dolphins get him.

Your enthusiasm for the raiders prospects is infectious, subrob. I didnt realize that del rio messed up the offense by switching coordinators after 2016. Im pretty sure the offense will be more than ok with gruden in charge, but i think guenther had more talent with the bengals defense than he does on the raiders. We'll see though, they do have some talent and mack is of course very special.

There are more bets on vegas winning the afc north than on any other team, including the steelers. There is even more money on them making the superbowl then teams like the jaguars or rams. Must be the hard knocks effect, last year tampa was on hard knocks and people thought they would make the playoffs. They ended up 5-11 and had the league's worst defense.
The browns will be far from the league's worst defense, especially if denzel ward plays well. I think they'll win 6-7 games this year, and who knows next year? Maybe 10 or more if baker becomes a thing?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
the habit was ok baba'; i think the mrs liked it way more than i did, but it was a decent burger
i had the charburger (their basic burger) and mrsChicky got the one with pineapple and terriaki sauce on it
overall it was a decent burger, but kind of on the pricey side for what you get
/remember we have in n outs here where you can get a tasty double burger for under $5
the fries were good and the onion rings were decent, (whole rings lightly breaded but not fresh made)
they had other things on the menu that looked good too, like an ahi tuna sandwich (the mrs likes that kind of thing),salads and steak sandwiches
/but i go to toher spots for stuff like that,im just there for the burgers
5 guys is good stuff, if you like them try out a place called smash burger
i would say they are all on par (habit, smash burger, 5 guys) but smash burger has fried pickles that are bomb! habit has fried green beans that the mrs wants to try the next time we go

it was a fun week 3 of preseason action
rams v texans was a good game and while the rams sat their starters on offense, we got to see some of the defense take the field
suh looked good and got to watson forcing an int, then he offered a hand to help him up
/the soCal life has mellowed him out!
they also had the #2 rb in and he looked nice
during the regular season its going to be all todd gurley, but it shows the line is opening up the running lanes and this young kid will make a nice backup
it looks like all the games week4 are on thursday night, plus friday is the kickoff to a long weekend for most of us
the seasons are changing and regular season football is right around the corner!