What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai Chi

Neiko

Thanks Neiko!

She’s about 4 feet tall without the pot and I’d say she pretty much doubled in size. I veg’d her for about two months from seed but I supercropped and tied her down quite a bit during that time, and I limited the roots by only uppotting after the stretch was over. If I hadn’t done some or all of those things she would have outgrown the tent for sure.

I gave a seed of Thai chi to a friend of mine about 8 months ago and it totally outgrew his room, he only ever grows the standard popular Indy dom hybrids so it took him by surprise. His looked very Thai by the time he gave up on it.

This is my first horizontally hung grow with limited space for many years. In my prior setup I had 1000w hung vertically with all the headroom I needed. I really miss my old setup.

FWIW the Panama haze stretched about 50% more than she did. So although the Thai chi is quite stretchy, it could be a lot worse.

Thanks bud! That is helpful info. I've run Panama Haze so I know what you mean. Tikal was another one that tried to grow out of the tent. OK so I'll treat like one of those. :thank you:

Phrenos

Hi friend,

A pity you couldn't come to Spannabis this year, we had the chance to enjoy some excellent Thai Chi buds during the fair .... Wish you the best with Thai Chi this outdoor season :tiphat:

Hi Dubi!
A pity not having been able to enjoy the company and the flowers, Charles told me he was with you.
I will finally grow a Thai Chi Outdoor :) any tip? and the indoor? I have 5 tha chi clones starting flo under leds :)

Hi everyone. Here’s a quick update of my Thai chi at day 49 -

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Some nice colours coming out in this one. Seems to be on track for an 11 week finish.

gr8fulguitr

I don’t find it finicky, mine has been tortured in various ways and hasn’t really shown too much stress.

Some nice colours coming out in this one. Seems to be on track for an 11 week finish.

11 weeks,... trying to do that math but i think i can do this! i have 3 on the way.

I forget are you in soil ?

i like the looks of your plant very nice:tiphat:

Neiko

Pandyfackler, that is a gorgeous plant! I love the colors coming out. I hope mine will turn out like yours. 11 weeks is just right in my world, even kind of quick. Good job with her.

11 weeks,... trying to do that math but i think i can do this! i have 3 on the way.

I forget are you in soil ?

i like the looks of your plant very nice:tiphat:

Thanks very much. Yep I’m in organic soil. For convenience I got expensive store bought soil for this run and my plants grew really poorly till I chucked some lime in the watering bucket. Been pretty good since then but really, if they can fail to buffer the mix what else isn’t in there that should be? Next time I’ll make my own soil for peace of mind.

Get those beans poppin man. Like I said my friends plant that he discarded looked really Thai so I’d be interested to see different phenos on the go.

Pandyfackler, that is a gorgeous plant! I love the colors coming out. I hope mine will turn out like yours. 11 weeks is just right in my world, even kind of quick. Good job with her.

Thanks Neiko! Unfortunately the pics don’t show off the colours very well, the lighting in them is pretty terrible. I find natural light is really good for taking pics but these fluorescent tubes suck. The colours just look wrong. I have to say, these buds are really cool looking. To me they look like Kali China buds but with mad uneven Sativa growth structure and stacking.

Yeah man pretty quick for a Thai hybrid! Panama haze is only just getting its first round of pistil death while this plant seems to be hurtling towards ripeness! Couldn’t come soon enough as I have nothing good to toke right now.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Dubi!
A pity not having been able to enjoy the company and the flowers, Charles told me he was with you.
I will finally grow a Thai Chi Outdoor :) any tip? and the indoor? I have 5 tha chi clones starting flo under leds :)

Hola Phrenos!

Glad you finally have the chance to grow Thai Chi, both indoors and outdoors, great news! :)
I think charlie got the chance to try Thai Chi at the fair

I think you won't have much trouble growing Thai Chi with your growing skills ;)
She is much easier (and faster) to grow than for example Purple Haze Malawi that you grew years ago.

Overall, Thai Chi is a very vigorous F1 hybrid and some phenos can really stretch a lot in early flowering, but i think you won't have much problems dealing with her stretching if you plan to grow her indoors from clone. She likes moderate feedings (both in veg and flower) and needs strong light intensity to finally provide a high yield.

Outdoors she can deal quite well with the low temps in late flowering, last season it finished northern than your location so hopefully you have a great season and she can also finish without any problem in your outdoor garden.

Thanks a lot for booking a space in your garden for our genetics, really appreciate it!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Thanks Neiko! Unfortunately the pics don’t show off the colours very well, the lighting in them is pretty terrible. I find natural light is really good for taking pics but these fluorescent tubes suck. The colours just look wrong. I have to say, these buds are really cool looking. To me they look like Kali China buds but with mad uneven Sativa growth structure and stacking.

Yeah man pretty quick for a Thai hybrid! Panama haze is only just getting its first round of pistil death while this plant seems to be hurtling towards ripeness! Couldn’t come soon enough as I have nothing good to toke right now.

Lovely update PandyFackler :)

Glad you have experienced 'pure' Kali China before so you can notice the Kali China's influence and traits in this hybrid. As you correctly pointed out, Thai Chi is like a more SE asian sativa version of Kali China, yet pretty quick for a straight Thai hybrid ;)

Best wishes for the last weeks of flowering! :yes:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
I knew I shouldn't have come here and seen these beautiful plants. Glad I have a pack for later. Peace

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely Thai Chi buds grown by master The English Cut in a northern and rainy cold climate at around 43ºN latitude. :yummy:

Exotic refined dark liver/leather/incensey aromas. Amazing uplifting, social and spiritual sativa effects, without any doubt one of my favourite latest ACE releases :)

Samples from these buds have been brought to the lab for cannabinoid and terpene analysis, results can be found here:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8260157&postcount=47

Attachments

• Thai Chi bud.jpg
    Thai Chi bud.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 126
  • Thai Chi bud2.jpg
    Thai Chi bud2.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 138

Phrenos

Hi everybody!!I leave here some photos of Thai Chi indoor/outdoor. The The two indoor tai chi are quite similar, maybe one of this thai chis branch a little more..
Salu2

Attachments

• thaiout.jpg
    thaiout.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 104
  • thai1in.jpg
    thai1in.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 104
  • thai2in.jpg
    thai2in.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 96
Just took my Thai chi down at 11 weeks. Has a kind of a fermented blue lemonade barnyard funk smell.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I like this verigation mutation I found on this lower bud.

This was a really fun and easy plant to grow. I think it would be a great candidate for a scrog style grow, as it seemed to want to produce many tops of a similar size.

I have to mention, there were a few nanas that popped up throughout the grow, but no evidence of pollination to be seen. It’s very interesting to me. I’ve grown quite a few ace plants now, and out of those that have chucked nanas, the majority haven’t been fertile enough to make real seeds. Sometimes just little pips, sometimes nothing at all.

I was talking to my friend about this the other day and his jaw dropped, finding it amazing that I was ok with growing plants that have potential intersex tendencies. He is geared more towards commercial production, and I suppose that’s why hermie is a dirty word to him.

I feel like it’s a shame that some people cannot get over this fear of intersex traits. I would rather have a plant like this that expresses such lovely Thai traits (and maybe the occasional nana) than be stuck growing the indicaxindicaxindica that everyone seems to be endlessly growing where I live.

Anyway, just my two cents. Would love to hear what others think too.

Last edited:
G

Beautifully grown as always brother!:tiphat:I totally agree on your take on the occasional nanner.Thais are notorious for their tendency to herm and this is a possibility that I am willing to take,in exchange for distinguished plants,aromas and effects.
Everytime I had nanner problems with Ace stuff it was my fault,except once that I had a Panama throw nanners but they were infertile.Me and some friends have grown plants from the herms I caused and the progeny was 100% female with no intersex traits,like it was expected since the hermying was stress-related.
I love indicas,too,but especially in terms of beauty and joy of growing ,sativas are on another level(at least for me).
Let us know what you think of the outcome,until now everything I've tried with KC was great,the terpene palette is amazing.
May the Boognish be with you mate :)

Thanks Syd! Yeah mate I’m the king of light leaks. And I’ve re-ran individuals that originally chucked nanas and had none appear the second time around, when I’ve figured how to pamper them a bit more to their individual liking. I’ve never found an intrinsically full on 50/50 herm from any ace genetics, nothing like. Just the odd tropical Sativa chucking the odd nana.

One of the things I find really fascinating is the level of infertility of the pollen that these slight herms produce.

And a dioecious plants ability to become monoecious must be a huge advantage in the wild. Being that I’m always so drawn to the wilder plants, I suppose that I can’t really blame them for displaying the vestiges of this former evolutionary tactic.

I hesitate to discuss these issues because I don’t want to turn people off, and I’m sure we’ve all had our own hermie horror stories in the past so I get it, but I feel like the better we understand these traits hopefully the less we will fear them. Also, there are plenty of very firm individuals to pick mothers from so it’s just not a big issue for me.

The early tests of these yummy buds are very positive but defo needs a decent cure. I’ll do a report after a month or two.

Thanks very much Nancee. I’d say give them a try but it seems like they’re sold out. I’ll definitely be grabbing some more seeds next time they’re available.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
PandyFackler said:
Just took my Thai chi down at 11 weeks. Has a kind of a fermented blue lemonade barnyard funk smell.

Wow PandyFackler... will be a happy camper if my pheno has 50% the traits of yours! It made me remember why I picked this strain, had forgotten it (secondary effects... :laughing:) Impressive! :tiphat:

(BTW I think I stared at your avatar for like ten minutes grinning and laughing yesterday while high... what the heck is that? :))

This is my Thai-Chi girl: 3d to 4th flower week, coco DTW 100% salts, 400W HPS.

I FIM'ed, tied, and suppercropped her, but she's a chameleonic princess... capricious and totally random on where she puts its branch stretching focus, has fat fingered leaves while vegging but sprouts hazey/lanky sativa ones when flowering... definitely a strain with an unique "personality":

Cenital Canopy Shot (including left growers foot!)
picture.php

General View
picture.php

Last edited:

gr8fulguitr

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]but she's a chameleonic princess... capricious and totally random on where she puts its branch stretching focus, has fat fingered leaves while vegging but sprouts hazey/lanky sativa ones when flowering... definitely a strain with an unique "personality":
[/FONT]
What an incredible description!!! sounds like a trip that is worth taking.
Thanks repuk!
:thank you:

Hey repuk. Yeppers, a very unique strain indeed. And beautiful to boot.

That guy in my avatar is a silky anteater. I love them.
picture.php

Respect man I’m loving your current grow and can’t wait to see your outdoor.