What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

so.. any1 else like to harvest just before, to right on waxing full moons?

HAZE FIEND

just wanted to put this one out there as it really seems to make a difference in quality for me n heard farmers of all kinds of food n herb crops have been doing the same for years n years as they find the same where there is apparently an increase in moisture content drawn in, in the air around last quarter to full moon, which seems to really help iether increase or just preserve more terpenes / taste n smell, n maybe even more cannabinoids to, as my stuff always stays more stinky n tasty, n more sticky centered n resiny wen do this, n i dont know if its doing this, or the shock ripening where i give ice water 2 days previous to chop n leavin em in dark for 1 to 2 days, but i seem to get frostyer stuff too.. all around better quality.. also apparently just after this is best time to sow seeds/plant too as high moisture content in soil, just after the full moon with its high air moisture content..

anyone else use this method of harvesting, or heard of this? :biggrin::tiphat:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's something to be said about moon phase planting and harvesting. Have used moon methods/Farmer's Almanac for decades in gardening.

I wouldn't go so far as to use ice water, but to each their own. There are a myriad ways to germinate, plant and harvest. A good end result is what we all aspire to doing.

HAZE FIEND

Sweetas for the input glad someone else has noticed this too n heard of it before people shud give it a go ;)

Last edited:

Big Sur

I was taught to plant herbs on a new moon, and harvest on a full moon by an old Italian emigrant in Salinas, CA back in the 60's when I was 11 years old. He had these glass grow boxes as well, and took advantage of solar to heat his herb plots early in the year. He did not speak any English, but he communicated his planting ideas to me just fine with example. I use his methods to this day with great results.

rexamus616

Veteran
I was taught the theory that the full moon and new moon corresponded with the tidal forces.

For example: the height of 'high tide' is greater nearer the full moon, and lower around the new moon. (google tide times for many different graphic representations of this)

The theory I was told was that you should plant near / just before the full moon, so that the 'tidal forces' would help to crack open the seed. (and I've noticed a difference, not just with cannabis either)

And also that there is more water in the plant around the full moon, and less near the new moon.

So harvest on a new moon so there is less water to dry out of your plant material.

And plant 3-4 days before a full moon, to aid germination.

Also moon phases are said to affect rainfall, so planting with the lunar cycle might help take advantage of this.

Theres a piece on moon cycles in Robert Clarkes Marijuana Botany. Its in chapter 4: Maturation and Harvesting of Cannabis. (under moon cycles)

Explains alot more.

HAZE FIEND

I was taught to plant herbs on a new moon, and harvest on a full moon by an old Italian emigrant in Salinas, CA back in the 60's when I was 11 years old. He had these glass grow boxes as well, and took advantage of solar to heat his herb plots early in the year. He did not speak any English, but he communicated his planting ideas to me just fine with example. I use his methods to this day with great results.

I was taught the theory that the full moon and new moon corresponded with the tidal forces.

For example: the height of 'high tide' is greater nearer the full moon, and lower around the new moon. (google tide times for many different graphic representations of this)

The theory I was told was that you should plant near / just before the full moon, so that the 'tidal forces' would help to crack open the seed. (and I've noticed a difference, not just with cannabis either)

And also that there is more water in the plant around the full moon, and less near the new moon.

So harvest on a new moon so there is less water to dry out of your plant material.

And plant 3-4 days before a full moon, to aid germination.

Also moon phases are said to affect rainfall, so planting with the lunar cycle might help take advantage of this.

Theres a piece on moon cycles in Robert Clarkes Marijuana Botany. Its in chapter 4: Maturation and Harvesting of Cannabis. (under moon cycles)

Explains alot more.
spot on people iv defo noticed truths in this wen following the moon cycles also..:thank you:

916_

It's somewhat of old news to plant farming crops around a full moon, but particularly with cannabis, I have found it does in fact make a slight difference in the total success rate of your seedlings from that batch.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's somewhat of old news to plant farming crops around a full moon, but particularly with cannabis, I have found it does in fact make a slight difference in the total success rate of your seedlings from that batch.

It works!

HAZE FIEND

It works!

thanks for backing up what iv herd n noticed myself guys i dont care who wants to beleive n who dnt.. i know it works.. n so do u guys so respect for puttin the time in to try n find out yourselfs :tiphat:

HAZE FIEND

I
Watering with ice water , days of darkness prior to harvest and chopping at full moon, all 3 are utter bollocks:laughing:
and try before givin it all the biggen about it bein bollox brva lol just see for yourself it cant hurt if bollocks n can onlyy benefit if it actully works like meant to n like we all know lol.. ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts