What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

17 hour high. :(

Limeygreen

Veteran
Eating for me is a lot more fun, if you don't overdo it, just a better frame of mind for me, big stupid grin, red bleeding eyes (bloodshot), and nothing gets to me. I imagine this is similar to prozac but way better. When I used Kali Mist it never gave a hangover, nevilles haze a little bit, but that one kicks you in the ass pretty hard as an edible I found for that pheno, but so much fun.

dociron

First off why does everyone have to be such DICKS about it.
let me get some things straight right now! first of all I did not over fed this one at all. 2ed is the led used is a cob LED light, had to use it cuz the growroom gets hot in the summer so this was less hot than an HPS light any day. 3ed is that she grew from a seed that came from some very nice light green bricked buds, you could even still see some trich on it, and it gave a very nice relaxing buzz. so I planted one of the seeds and it grew very nice n green, then flowered it and it grew some nice flowers with only one lil hiccup during the flowering time.

And about the 17 hour high. that is 1000% true. I think it was a few too many hits from the volcano vaporizer all with in 15 minutes or so. when she was harvested there was some amber trich but the rest were cloudy.
also maybe I cant handle something that acts like a full sativa. Im hipper enough as it is even when not on anything. I usually smoke indicas or hybrids anyway.
also I was raised to never lie and now as an adult I don't lie.

plus I been smoken for around 15 and never felt high for that long. I think ill cure it for like 3-5+ months before token any more. also I only been using the vaporizer for a few months now. on the plus side I don't cough anymore when using the vapo.

hope this clears up the situation.

Look, as an old hippy, I would honestly and caringly suggest that you may need medical assistance. No way cannabis should affect you for that long, seriously. I honestly believe you may have something else going on. Please make an appointment with a Dr., have your sugar and blood pressure checked, at the very least. Stay well my friend, please get tested, there is no way cannabis would or could do this......:tiphat:

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
this is another time the old saying comes into affect...I WANT SOME OF WHAT YOUR SMOKIN..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..yeehaw.. I am jealous I wish I could do a few hits and stay high that long... hell I never got high that long on weed ever..even old school sativas and weak tolerance once..rock on man enjoy ..I aint gonna hate

NotYourSaviour

17 hour high? I personallly don't buy that one, especially as you put it, #1cheesebuds('trim' was smoked)!

Not even if you don't have any tolerance I don't think this is possible if it's just weed...

Originally I wanted to comment on tolerance here but mixed it up with an other thread a bit. So here we go again:

@OGEvilgenius

Perhaps with zero tolerance your experience would be different!
In my experience(few decades) if you have a tolerance there is no way getting rid of it exept for not consuming. I tried everything from sports(endurance sports regulary and I do care about my health in general! Also I have a sauna regulary! )to different strains(I can choose between three mostly, indica as sativa ones). Also I'm a big fan of every type of edible but this doesn't help either once you built up a tolerance. Oils/what ever helps for sure but only for some time until your tolerance gets you. Every gear is pretty weak effectwise then(little sedation and a bit of euphoria). So boring! I regulary do breaks then.
Mayhaps my metabolism is fucked up though
laughing.gif
. Just saying.
[from:https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=7162386#post7162386 ]

To sum it up: if you don't have any tolerance and smoke then you get the full spectrum of effects(giggles, euphoria, munchies, trippy thoughts / insert what ever you personally rellate)if you got a tolerance built up already(especially if you smoke daily)you only get light euphoria and light sedation though in my personal experience! Even if you smoke stupid amounts of highgrade there is one point of ceiling and it bores the fuck out of me then.
Then it's time for a break for me but each to their own. I don't smoke daily anyway only on holiday and over the years it gets boring quickly then(matter of experience too I think).

Lame but 'less is more' is so true...

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
I get way more high ingesting edibles than I ever could smoking...yeehaw

Amen... eating it I can see someone being destroyed for 17 hours... maybe not high, but so fucked up you can't move or do anything but sleep.

Maybe the guy has schizophrenia? I had a friend with that and weed could really send him for a loop for a long time. Not really the weed so much as his own mental state.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I'm not doubting that this weed is real strong, and I'm sure it lasts a long time, so respect, cheesebuds. :tiphat:

That said, I'm reminded of my acid tripping days, when some of my friends would say they were tripping 24 hours later, and I always knew what was really going on was they were just all drained and fried for 12 hours after the tripping stopped. So really, it's because of the strong weed you have, but you are basically in "afterglow" mode for the majority of that tail end.

Mick

Veteran
I'm not doubting that this weed is real strong, and I'm sure it lasts a long time, so respect, cheesebuds. :tiphat:

That said, I'm reminded of my acid tripping days, when some of my friends would say they were tripping 24 hours later, and I always knew what was really going on was they were just all drained and fried for 12 hours after the tripping stopped. So really, it's because of the strong weed you have, but you are basically in "afterglow" mode for the majority of that tail end.

"Afterglow", I like that. Sometimes after some good edibles I'll be afterglowing most of the next day :biggrin:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
not uncommon for me to get complaints/compliments from some people about weed hangovers or having a buzz the next day

I certainly ain't a cheap date

NotYourSaviour

Amen... eating it I can see someone being destroyed for 17 hours... maybe not high, but so fucked up you can't move or do anything but sleep.

Maybe the guy has schizophrenia? I had a friend with that and weed could really send him for a loop for a long time. Not really the weed so much as his own mental state.

I second that thing about eating! This really isn't a problem then:biggrin:!

Mental illness in any way could be a factor, too!

NotYourSaviour

afterglow

afterglow

So true. I'm more of a ocassional smoker and I always get this afterglow(if you smoke daily you're just more used to it but it's stilll there!). Of course intensity depends on the session the day(as already said especially when it comes to edibles) before but it's not more than a more or less light sedation/relaxed feeling.

Gizmo

#1cheesebud, i dont know if you kept a clone of your special female but it could be very interesting to grow it again under the same growing condition and under HPS lamp too and test the final smoke with a few friends, have you kept a clone ?

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I once was high for almost a week ..my meds were different tho ...check yours and look for additives ...lol.....yeehaw

St. Phatty

Once I had some Edibles from Marc Boyer, who ran a dispensary in Vancouver and had a Canna-bakery.

His primary product when I was there was the Snickerdoodle, the classic sugar cookie, though it was dark in color (like it had molasses ? ... and cinnamon.)

I was smoking cigs at the time, and I remember the next day, no desire for cigs. Just a nice long super-high (ate less than half a normal size cookie) that makes you get off the tram one exit too early (the day I ate the cookie.)

That was about a 17 hour high. But it was a good high. That was one of the finest Cannabis products I've ever seen.

Once I went with Marc when he was distributing his cookies. A bit of a walk which is good for the buzz. We were in one Canadian Canna-shop and this guy comes in like he's on a mission. "COOKIE." Buys 2 or 3 of Marc's cookies from the guy that works there. Thought it was interesting to watch the proverbial "retail transaction."

I've seen, sometimes when people are too high they forget to eat and/or their blood sugar gets low.

I wonder, if you're a little too high - does it generally help to eat something ?

Gizmo

I wonder, if you're a little too high - does it generally help to eat something ?

in my experience eating too much after a munchies when im high and im less high, the high is a bit fucked, more stone, more heavy, more sleepy but i dont think you will be less high if you eat a fruit or two :biggrin: and no eating mango doesn't make you higher as i read somewhere :biggrin: at least it didn't worked for me. on an other subject i used to take some peganum harmala seeds extract with my magic mushroom and it prolongs the experience, some good afghan hash helps to come down to earth :xmasnut:

soserthc1

damn

damn

Seen the title and kinda was wondering why it was a 6 page thread.
By the middle of the thread I was thinking maybe its possible to be really high from a good sativa ( 17hrs thou,)

Conclusions that plant does not look good
Pot in smokeable form might get you high for ,4 hrs but usually 2 hrs is the majority of the high
Edibles can f u ...up but nothing a nights rest can't handle
That's my take , hopefully I'm wrong but its been 30 yrs
I dont have any me and 4 guys smoked a joint and were high for hours stories. I usually finish them myself and in 2 hrs I'm ready for another