What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Imagine processing cannabis by the ton

montroller

picture.php

India is already rocking the future terpenator design... mkvCDXX

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I want to be part of the USA WolfWurx engineered project!!!! Haven't we all dreamed about this???

:joint:

Pangea

Veteran
Dang 200 tonnes each day.

A small cannabis farm of a few acres will need to process several tonnes per year. A larger farm would probably need a tonne machine.

A 6"x48" spool can hold 10-11lbs, or 220 spools per tonne.
a 12"X48" can just about do 50lbs, 44 - 50 spools per tonne.

Would mounting horizontal be more suitable for larger material spool sizes?

I imagine spools connected horizontally, with vent ports every so often on the top of the spools to prevent clogging.

montroller

or just go 6ft x 6ft with multiple injection ports on the bottom and multiple large drain valves with filter plates connected to separate collection chambers.

Fuck it with that size you could even go a little bigger and put refrigerated columns inside to freeze the material pre run. Insulate the whole thing and flood it with chilled solvent, 1 ton cryo runs :headbange lol

idiit

Veteran
Imagine processing cannabis by the ton

i've been trying to tell the guys on the "wholesale prices threads" this. :)

some extract concentrates have almost no smell. you can compress two gallon 1/2 # zip baggies worth into an 1/8th pkg. it doesn't have to be legal. the stealth is ........

smuggling just got easier.

montroller

I wonder how you could handle purging 90 - 180k grams from a single run. It would probably be more efficient to do a slow and low heat purge at that point. The pour off would be epic!

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I wonder how you could handle purging 90 - 180k grams from a single run. It would probably be more efficient to do a slow and low heat purge at that point. The pour off would be epic!

disolve it all in 190* allowing ALL the tane to escape and waff into the atmosphere.

Evap off the 190* under vac and run it all through filters for wax if you want.

Solvent free fully carbed oil by the gallon, decarbed oil just as easy.

:joint:

RHH

Nitrogen sparging or homogenization would be more than enough. There's a million ways to skin a cat...

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Imagine a screw convey for continuous material feed, with continuous solvent feed and recovery.......................

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm waiting for the vatos down south to weld 55 gallon drums together and open blast through them using mercaptan free solvent they get from a hijacked propane plant.

queequeg152

Veteran
Mine explaining a bit more?

yea sorry, was discussed in another thread.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=274340&page=6

just a kettle reboiler and continuous extraction via an inclined auger. its a fairly common process.

for a continuous liquid liquid extraction, mixer settlers are generally the easiest to fabricate.

one could substite a polar solvent for steam, but then the auger extractor would likely become useless because its more of a percolation type extractor. you could however, build something like a rotating drum steam distillation apparatus, similar to the ones they use to extract fragrances and other volatiles from plants. the steam enters from the bottom, and the drum rotates slowly with stationary or fixed in place baffles continuously entering from the bottom.

the vapor stream is condensed to what ever termperature is needed in order to recover the desired botanical. in your case, you would likely need to run the process at lower temps to first recover the super volatile stuff, then at higher temps to recover the less volatile stuff. you would of coarse, be left with something thats substantially wet... so an additional drying step would probably need to be carried out.

Last edited:

JColtrane

yea sorry, was discussed in another thread.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=274340&page=6

just a kettle reboiler and continuous extraction via an inclined auger. its a fairly common process.

for a continuous liquid liquid extraction, mixer settlers are generally the easiest to fabricate.

one could substite a polar solvent for steam, but then the auger extractor would likely become useless because its more of a percolation type extractor. you could however, build something like a rotating drum steam distillation apparatus, similar to the ones they use to extract fragrances and other volatiles from plants. the steam enters from the bottom, and the drum rotates slowly with stationary or fixed in place baffles continuously entering from the bottom.

the vapor stream is condensed to what ever termperature is needed in order to recover the desired botanical. in your case, you would likely need to run the process at lower temps to first recover the super volatile stuff, then at higher temps to recover the less volatile stuff. you would of coarse, be left with something thats substantially wet... so an additional drying step would probably need to be carried out.

Interesting ... read the other post too (sometimes I forget to revisit things ... lots of hidden "gems" in old icmag posts). Anyways its funny you mention STP, cuz come this fall gonna be working with a gentleman named Christopher Shallice on a few other non cannabis extraction projects. Our R&D unit is only 1L, but will be able to hist pressures of 15k. We feel some of the most valuable fractions will come from the higher pressures. Extracting is fun, that's for sure ... wonder what my high school science teacher would say :tiphat:

queequeg152

Veteran
what are you doing at 15kpsi? thats higher than most HPLC pumps can reach.

i dont think even hydrogenation processes require such high pressures.

JColtrane

what are you doing at 15kpsi? thats higher than most HPLC pumps can reach.

i dont think even hydrogenation processes require such high pressures.

Well, yup it's not your average system ... gonna be extracting an algae for Astaxanthin, along with other things :tiphat: should be fun, looking forward to be working with such an amazing team. I'll keep icmag posted

queequeg152

Veteran
SCFE. Not that crazy.

ive NEVER heard of any super critical extractions requiring such high ass pressures... certainly nothing beyond 10kpsi... hell the fancy co2 caffine super extraction machines operate around 1-2k psi from what i recall...

15k psi... fuck man thats like bottom of the ocean pressures.
any appreciable pressure vessel designed for that for that would cost an absolute fortune to fabricate.

the wiki suggests that this substance is some sort of health supplement? hope thats profitable for yall.