What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

sublimator

F

Folate

Hey Alaskans,
South central to be more precise. I am in posession of the SLR Sublimator and am enjoying it madly.
If you are in the Anchorage area and want to give it a whirl before getting your own, let me know!
The reason I am doing this is two-fold.
It is a great contraption worth showing off, with only two negatives as far as I'm concerned. Power shut off after 1 hour (takes 15-20 to heat up), and it is easy to burn yourself with this thing. If those two things arn't deal breakers then you will love the latest and greatest vaporizer so far.
Also I am going to be upgrading to an EHLE tube and want to get rid of my sublimator tube kit. So if anyone is thinking of getting as Sublimator I may be able to assist...:biggrin:
Folate

shithawk420

Veteran
Good choice on the EHLE looking to get one myself.wich one you looking at?might get a 250ml or 500ml

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
I agree with everything you posted. I've had mine for around 6mos or so now. I quite like it. It's amazing for concentrates and you can even hit flowers and concentrates at the same time. Awesome.

Downsides are like you said, it takes a while to heat up - also the element's power box is fairly rudimentary, at least mine is. There's no good temperature dial or anything like that, there is a dial, but it's not really clearly marked. Doesn't take much to mark it yourself, but still for the price you'd think they might have done a little better job on that.

And, like you said, exceptionally dangerous as far as vaporizers go. I've burned myself a couple of times with it (not too bad, but for those who are clumsy like me, beware).

I saw a video of a guy accidentally wiping his sweat off his brow while he had it in his hand still. Not good.

Also the unit is pretty heavy so you need a really solid/sturdy bong to hold it properly and not risk it tipping over. It's a little cumbersome overall and I think for day to day flower use I probably prefer the Volcano in a lot of ways. Do like that there are no real parts to buy and that you don't have to replace bags etc.

Overall I'm very happy with this purchase. The vapor quality is superior to a Volcano IMO, but it's nowhere near as tightly controlled temperature wise.

F

Folate

Hi guys! I totally forgot about this thread and nobody ever pm'd me about trying my Sub. Anyway I got it back a little bit ago due to some warranty repair. Enrico upgraded me to a titanium Apollo for my troubles! Can't say I notice a difference, but it turns a cool color.
I chose to go for the 1000ml tube! It's at a 45degree, but I make it work.
The biggest problem I have with it these days is remembering to keep the heater on!
F

Gry

So does one quickly get spoiled with it to the point that only it will do the trick ?

F

Folate

I would say yes, Gry.
Everytime I think about it as a delivery system, and especially while I'm using it, I beam with happiness for my good sense.
I think that one should consider this style of vaporizer still in its infancy with more interesting things to come...
It is expensive, but you will probably not regret the purchase. If one was entertaining the price point of a volcano, why not consider the Sublimator?
Folate