What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Increasing Trichome Production before harvest?

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
Im gonna say that HPS/MH 2:1 mix yielded some of the frostiest buds. And the MH was not used the full 12Hr day. BTW it was not one of those dual arc bulbs, I'm talking seperate bulbs. And that was at low wattages. The bag appeal was insane, looked like I rolled the buds in sugar..

Daub Marley

what do you mean by companion plant dude? if your talking about another plant close by then its technically the same thing..im not gonna stunt one plant to help with the other.explain more..
The cool thing about companion planting is that you can use it for two reasons. It might be best two use two different plant types.
One is to draw the pests away from your plants by finding what they like to eat more and planting them away from your plants of concern.
Then when you're about two weeks from harvest you can begin to stress the companion plant. For this use a plant that is in closer proximity to your prized plants, preferably one with pest repellent abilities such as marigolds. The stress will induce a hormone discharge and will signal the other plants to put up their defenses, AKA grow trichomes. Look here for more info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_companion_plants

egardens

Great Post! I have always done the 48-72 blackout. This has been my routine for years and every cycle I always don't want to risk "not doing it this time".... But maybe its time to switch it up.

great discussion on the foliar feeds too.

I would have to agree with the genetics argument. . . shit in = shit out.

Peace:dance013:

Tri_Cho_Me

I know this is an old thread, however one thing that I didn't see mentioned about the whole foliar feeding and bud rot thing, was air movement. Someone on page 1 or 2 pointed out that hello! plants grow outside where it rains. So, as long as you have good air movement in your grow space, and the foliar feeding doesn't just sit in a stale environment after applied, which allows the bud rot to take hold.

Tri_Cho_Me

Latest posts

Latest posts