What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Leaf Curl/Twist

Hey guys. Currently been veggin 8 Super Skunk x Hashplant clones under a 600 hps for 2 weeks now and noticed a few of the newer leaves starting to curl and twist. Not the claw curl though, as the fringes are pointing outwards. It only seems to be effecting the newer growth. Temps are a bit high, fluctuating between 82 and 86. They seem to be pretty happy otherwise. Do you think this would be heat stress or possibly a nitrogen O.D.?

Thanks everyone!
Cannabinoholic

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Fill this info out please... will help greatly.

What STRAIN are you growing?
What was the establishing technique? (Were the seed or clone?)
What is the age of your plants?
What PHASE are the plants in? (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in?
What Technique are you using?
What substrate/medium are you using?(Hydroton, RockWool etc.)
What is the Nutrient temperature?
What Nutrient's are you using?
What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using?
What is the pH of the "Tank"?
Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equiptment?
When was your last watering?
When was your last feeding change? (ie. grow-bloom-micro-additional)
What size bulb are you using?
What is the distance to the canopy?
What is your RH Factor?
What is the canopy temperature?
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include flucutaion range)
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)
Is the fan blowing directly at plants?
Is your water HARD or SOFT?
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When?
Are plant's infected with pest's

Stay Safe! :D

What STRAIN are you growing? - SuperSkunk x Hashplant
What was the establishing technique? (Were the seed or clone?) Clone
What is the age of your plants? - 4 weeks
What PHASE are the plants in? (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? - Veg
What Technique are you using? - Vert
What substrate/medium are you using?(Hydroton, etc.) - Promix BX+10% perlite
What is the Nutrient temperature? - 20oC Tapwater
What Nutrient's are you using? - Miracle grow tomato food. lol. No previous problems.
What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using? - I dunno, half strength nutes
What is the pH of the "Tank"? - Between 5.8 and 6.2
Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equipment? - Yes
When was your last watering? - Today, when in doubt, flush it out. Right?
When was your last feeding change? (ie. grow-bloom-micro-additional) - Started 1/4 strength nutes for a week and a half, then 1/2 strength for a week.
What size bulb are you using? - 600w
What is the distance to the canopy? - 18 inches
What is your RH Factor? - 45-55%
What is the canopy temperature? - 82-86*f
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include flucutaion range) - Day high 86*f, night low 72*f
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.) - 140 cfm in a 4x4 room
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? - No
Is your water HARD or SOFT? - Hard
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched - Pruned 1.5 weeks ago
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When? - Neem Oil foliar spray, 2 days ago
Are plant's infected with pest's - No

Thanks
Cannabinoholic

I'll give it a try.

Mommy
picture.php

The Lot of em
picture.php

The Curl/twist
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

D

DJXXPLATINUM

I WOULD MOVE IT A FEW INCHES AWAY FROM THE LIGHT...DO THE BACK OF THE HAND TEST...PUT THE BACK OF YOUR HAND UNDER THE LIGHT AND IF ITS TOO HOT FOR YOUR HAND ITS TOO HOT FOR THE PLANT...JUS MY 2 CENTS....LOOKS LIKE HEAT TO ME..18 INCHES SHOULD BE OK THOUGH....ARE THEY REVEG LEAVES...WERE THE CUTS TAKEN A COUPLE OF WEEKS INTO FLOWER??...DJ

S

scratchme

How's the moisture level in your soil and how good is drainage? A little wet at the root perhaps?

I also added another floor fan to get some more airflow. The room immediately dropped 2 degrees. I will try to post more pics in a week or so, if they are doing any better that is. lol

DJ - Sorry dude, didn't see the end there. The clones are from the mum in pic 1. She has been neglected for 4 months in a buddy's window. I chopped her almost bare 2 months ago and these are the first cuts I have taken from her. Everything rooted under the T5 with mum, stayed there a week after they rooted, then went under the hps to veg about 2 weeks ago. These symptoms started yesterday. And now that I think of it, it has been about 7-10 degrees warmer outside the past couple of days. I will bet that is the problem.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Storm Shadow said:
too much nitrogen and your medium needs to dry out more often before waterings

Looks like a winner to me! :D Super dark-green leaves that are very soft is waaay too much nitrogen. Looks cool and feels neat... but sucks for the plant.

Stick with plain water feedings for the next week. Should clear up. :D

Stay Safe! :D

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
StormCrow is right... too much nitrogen.... but I think the bigger issue is the heat.

Your girls tops are singed. :hotbounce And some of the lower canopy leafs are begining to "taco"... sure signs of heat stress.
Also back off the N some. Too much nitrogen is often shown by the downward leaf curl and dark green shade fyi.

What Nutrient's are you using? - Miracle grow tomato food. lol. No previous problems.

What is the npk of this MG?

21-18-21. I fed one 1/2 strength 5 days ago after two 1/4 feeds the previous two weeks. Got the room down to 81*f over the past 2 days and have flushed since and things are starting to look a little more promising. Cool weather is coming so I don't think heat is going to be an issue anymore.