What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please help!!! Do I have fungus gnats?!?!?

P

Paully_B

YBxP6.jpg

cusfV.jpg

r42sY.jpg

ak3y6.jpg

i think i saw some mature gnats jumping around in the soil...they almost looked blue or purple.

anyways, this is my first grow so i am very concerned....going to get mosquito dunks first thing in the morning if yall think that thats what this might be

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
get some yellow sticky traps, to catch the adults then you can see what you have. If you can't find the traps, you can buy yellow index cards and smear vasoline (petroleum jelly) on them. tape or thumbtack them to the wall where the light hits it, but on the lower third of the plant (near soil)

plus yeah get the dunks.

now I can't see any on those pics you showed, but if you think you have them thats the start of the solution.

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
Are you asking can we see fungus gnats in your pics? no
Are you asking is the damage shown on these leaves typical of fungus gnat damage? no, not in my experience
Are you showing lower leaves? Are those tiny white spots damage or bugs? Fungus gnats are black. Anything on the underside of your leaves?
Consider filling out the infirmary report, to give people more information.

P

Paully_B

How long has this problem been going on? 4days
What STRAIN are you growing?strawberry cough
What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?)clone
What is the age of your plants?5weeks
How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now?4weeks
Were they in the same mixture when they were seedlings/smaller plant? If not, what mixture were they in before?rapid rooters
How Tall are the plants?36inches
What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in?veg, but they were flowered for three days and then given to me. i put them back in 24hr light exactly one week ago
What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc)topped once
What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot)2gallon bags
What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?)100% Fox Farm Ocean Forest
What brand Nutrient's are you using?roots organics and earth juice catalyst
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? 1/2 strength BuddhA Grow and 1/2 strength Earth juice catalyst*Knowing the brand is very helpful*
How often are you feeding?EVERY WATERING roughly 4 days between feedings/watering
What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used?around 700ppm
What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"?i have never tested the runoff
How often are you testing pH/ppm/EC/TDS? every feeding/watering
What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen?
How often are you watering?digital waterproof ph pen
When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding?last feeding was on the 27th and i feed everytime
What size bulb are you using?400MH
How old is your bulbs?brand new
What is the distance to the canopy?10-12inches
What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity)its been around 65% but i just bought a dehumid and it is now around 45%
What is the canopy temperature?ranges from 68f-80f
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)200cfm in a dr90
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ?it is inline with my hood and my 4x12 phresh
Is the fan blowing directly at plants?i have a floor fan that oscillates and has been blowing directly on the ladies, i just changed it so it is now indirect
Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist?i try to create a good/wet dry cycle
Is your water HARD or SOFT? not sure, i usally adjust ph to around 6.5 when feeding/water
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled?city water
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap?(Only if you have a tds pen)not sure i should measure i have a truncheon
Are you using water from a water softener?
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched?topped around week 2/3
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when?i am going to use mosquito dunks as i have found gnats. i also have a no pest strip hanging near the fan in the top right corner. i put it in today
Are plant's infected with pest's?that is why i need your help...the discoloring of the leaves is scaring me...something is going on

P

Paully_B

this is what they looked liked this morning! i went ahead and flush them all with 6.4ph water...nothing else...these were snapped five minutes ago before flushing
HrvMe.jpg
[/IMG]
iflsK.jpg
[/IMG]

what else are you alll seeing...this is my first time so i am hyper vigilant

Cry Tuff

Im seeing a case of simple over watering. Let them dry out for a few days and make an assessment in another week.

mg75

might be water quality, PH issues or root problems. do you see flying bugs?

how do your roots smell/look?

for gnats and other bugs, i always pre-treat my new clones with IMID (never if flower). i know you are all organic, so i would recommend azamax or azatrol. don't wait for problem to arise. prevention is key!
with your 80 degrees and organic soil/food, bugs just might be a part of the equation. you may chose to fight them chemically or organically. both are equally effective when dialed in.

your photos do not positively indicate a bug problem.

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
If it's just the oldest fan leaves at the bootom of the plant AND the small leaves nearby look ok the leaves could just be not getting enough light. Don't get me wrong 3 foot tall plant under a 400w is perfect but thats about the edge of good light penetration. I wouldn't do anything about the light.
IF its spreading up the plant, I'd say it's time to look at the nutrient combination you are using...
Is buddah grow a complete one part fert? are you between that and the EJ catalyst using too much of one micro or macro nute to lockout some others? I dunno.
Does someone you know have experience with that combination of nutes? I am gonna go read roots organics information.

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
I think after reading whats in the 2 products you are using that you should try adding roots organic's extreme serene or some other source of micronutes like Neptunes Harvest Seaweed

some organic head will help soon with a better diagnosis

P

Paully_B

i got these ladies from a friend using the same nutes...he feeds everytime and is up to 1200ppm....i dont think it is burn but that is the only thing i can think of....i also dont think i am overwatering but i very well may be....the dryer is got the worse it looked....i just got back from flushing all three with 6.4ph water...i also included some mosquito dunks to help with the gnats....i believe the gnats are undercontrol now...also temps are perfect and one day into getting the dehumdifier everything went from 65% RH to 40%

P

Paully_B

roots organic extreme serene huh? budda grow is supposed to be a complete fert but maybe not. this is annoying!

well, i am not going to give these hoes any water for 5-6 days and see what happens....i am hoping they perk up before i leave this weekend....i am going to be worried about them all weekend...

P

Paully_B

i am thinking i have ph problems and the beginning of a nute lockout
9CR1U.jpg
[/IMG]
btlsu.jpg
[/IMG]
NJYEl.jpg
[/IMG]

i just got back from taking these....flushed with 6.4ph water about 6 hours ago....no new developments except things might be getting worse...ugh!