What's new

deep freeze spidermites?

jhefy

freeze um

freeze um

I broke my rule and didn't quarantine a cutting do to winter, and it got 6 of my growth cycle girls w/ spider mites. I live @a few thousand feet, and don't care for any chemys to kill. I stuck them outside last night and I think 12 hours @ 22 f seemed to do it. The girls sagged, but there pulling out of it! Seems a little harsh, but it did it! J:dance013:

jhefy

update

update

a complete termination of mites has been confirmed, but there was some tip damage to a pair of main feeders on some bubba k, and a tad on g-13's and a self made strawgooey. Seems like the hybrids took the shock better. It's not many leafs, and the ladies still have weeks to go in the growth cycle so I'm going to trim the leafs like I do to cuttings and keep the live part. It seems to me over the years, pull a feeder(s), get 4-fold the useless stuff!:thank you: This was an experiment that seemingly worked. Over the years I've used many different products. But never have I done any combat with buds on the plant. I hope everyone knows the dangers of mite poop and the smoking of the shit. If not, please read up. Also, over the years I haven't had to deal with bugs in my crops( I help many Patients) but heat and entrance sanitation are probably a growers biggest mistake. js