What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Top 5 Buds you smoked in amsterdam

T

tea

1. barney's - red diesel
2. dampkring - amnesia haze
3.greenhouse - lemon skunk
4.abraxas - lavender
5.barney's - blue cheese

Burt

Veteran
Originally Posted by Nevil
"Good dope transcends personalities in my book.

I don't believe in secrets when it comes to pedigrees.

So don't talk to me about S.S.H. or Jack Herrer or Diesel or Sage (all the same plant).

The test of a Master, is not how many students he has, but how many Masters he makes!"

bro-where do you keep finding these amazing nevil quotes-has he posted more than once on mr nice forums?
total zen and it just reinforces for me the hidden hand if LSD in breeding in the heydays-lucy is directly responsible for the haze too i bet-these guys weren't breeders-they were so attuned to the plant that no wrong could be done

Hey abnormalgrowers!
I´ve been there 3 weeks ago and the best 2 smokes were

1. OG Kush 18 (Grey Area)
2. Sour Diesel (Rokery)

The Red Diesel from Barneys I had was crap. I must have had bad luck, cause you liked it very much and 2 other people mentioned it in this thread before....

Peace
Ace

The look of the Red Diesel wasn't nice but as we smelled it we had to give it a try and was surprised of it. Hope you can try it again ;-)

I see you found the 18# kush, !!! I didn't :-(

Is nice to see that even if we didn't smoke all the same weed some names are coming up pretty often.

We should divide this forum in years and make a user cannabis cup just to have indicative ideas on what (and where) to smoke when you go to amsterdam. This could be better than other cannabis cubs that have only the 3 best strains voted by paying judges.

I already paid the weed, why should I pay to judge it? :p

F

FreshGenetics

Originally Posted by Nevil
"Good dope transcends personalities in my book.

I don't believe in secrets when it comes to pedigrees.

So don't talk to me about S.S.H. or Jack Herrer or Diesel or Sage (all the same plant).

The test of a Master, is not how many students he has, but how many Masters he makes!"

bro-where do you keep finding these amazing nevil quotes-has he posted more than once on mr nice forums?
total zen and it just reinforces for me the hidden hand if LSD in breeding in the heydays-lucy is directly responsible for the haze too i bet-these guys weren't breeders-they were so attuned to the plant that no wrong could be done

He posts all the time mate.

He's back & he's BAD!

S

Sir_Nugget

maui waui
lime OG
casey jones
odyssey
sour grape
cheese and strawberry kush (never tried but hear its bomb)

O, and NYCD

Ironeek

In no particular order…….

Sour Diesel De Rokerij – Great quality @about 9 euro a gram

Yellow Cab from the Grey Area – Simply yummy

Willie Wortels – White Widow– Not in Amsterdam, its in Harrlem but good smoke at reasonable prices . About 15 mins train ride from amsterdam.

Amnesia Haze – Hunters

Hindu Kush – Club Media

Ciscosfa

East Coast Sour D = Grey Area . Blue cheese = Bluebird . White Choco = Dampkring . Lemon Skunk = Green House (not seen on menu for ages L haze now boo) Sour D = HGF

Sandnut

Amnesia Haze
Mexican Ice
White widow
Sour Diesel

fuck it.. im not a big smoker ..I thought everything was good ;)

cheecha07

In order

White Light-local breeder, most potent bud i've seen and slight NL taste

Hippie Head Bands-local breeder, best tasting very earthy

SSHxNLxBigbud-local breeeder, Best all around for taste and potency

Guess there's only 3 that really stand out, but I've never been to a place like amsterdam, so i can only imagine what those are like.

R

REDEYE_420

White Widow (now known as Black Widow)
Bubblegum
AK-47
Chronic

Only smoked them.

B

Buffoonman

Two years ago still rated the Kali Mist in the grasshopper best stuff although the most expensive. Really nice visuals on it. Second place Lavender in various shops reasonable price to. Also had nice Jack Herer and super silver haze. Blueberry was a let down in all coffee shops tasted harsh.

JAAM

Well over the past week ive sampled 12+ strains/crosses in the Dam... the top 5 ive gotten my hands on at this point are: 1. Arjans ultra haze #1 from Greenhouse 2. G13 Haze from Barneys 3. OG Fire Kush from Bushwacker 4. SSH from Dampkring 5. Casey Jones from Grey Area....

Others ive had on my stay: Greenhouse Alaskan Ice, Dampkring NYC Diesel, Barneys Blue Cheese, Coffee Shop 36 (i believe) Cheese, Jack Herer (cant remeber where), Grasshopper Bubble Gum, Grey Area LA Confidential, Stones Cafe QuasHaze/Dr Grinspoon, Dolphin Northern Lights...

Biggest let downs: Chocolope from Archies.... Smells kinda chocolatey but the high was nothing like the Chocolope i grew personally... and the Jack was def nothin special like you read about....

audioaddict

My only ever trip to Amsterdam to date was thoroughly disappointing from the cannabis perspective... mainly due to my inexperience at the time and there being a group of us with differing tastes, a few being non-smokers, so the general concensus was to stick around the Bulldog as it sold both booze and weed.
I was a bit annoyed by this as it was just like being in a UK pub, I can go to the pub and smoke a joint anytime!!! Grrr!

Anyway, a couple of times I did wander off on my own and managed to score some nice buds, my favourites were Jack Herer and Bubblegum, though I've no idea the names of the places I got 'em from... the bubblegum came from another place we finally found that sold both booze and weed, but had a much better selection of bud and was much more of an interesting place... very dark inside with a lot of quite surreal neon light... seperate booze and weed counters.
The Jack was scored on one of my lone wandering trips, I went into an absolute dive of a place where I seemed to be the only european person, which was unsettling initially, but they were really cool and the Jack Herer they sold me was both a generous portion and tasted like nothing I'd ever tried before... superb!
Smoked lots of other strains, but those 2 stood out!

Really want to go back again soon, maybe try outside the 'dam aswell... have heard many good things about less touristy coffeeshops, amazing hash, unadulterated bud etc etc!

R

rovikdal89

#1 Chemdog - Greenhouse.. they had it the summer of 2009 (the best weed i ever smoked! its a cross between OG Kush & Sour Diesel awesome taste and narcotic effect)
#2 Jack Herer - Grasshopper
#3 S13 - The BluesBrothers
#4 Sour Diesel - The kroon
# 5 Cream Nepal (hash) old church coffeeshop

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
lotz of memorys are comming up....

sour cream
amnesia x g13haze
ozean12haze
mexican Haze
lavender....

BigPhil

Veteran
Hawiian Haze (rookies coffe shop) everything else I bought I felt like I was wasting my money the Hawiian was the nutz, There afghan bubble was nice aslo

Latest posts

Latest posts