Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > 12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

Thread Title Search
12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-22-2018, 04:18 PM #2241
tejashidrow

tejashidrow will become famous soon enoughtejashidrow will become famous soon enough
I’m thinking 12/12 from seed may do better in a hydro medium than a soil medeium?

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

BOW to my SMARTATUDE !!!

You do not have to stop breathing to be dead....

tejashidrow is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:40 AM #2242
Neus97

Neus97 is on a distinguished road
Ciao ragazzi ultimamente dinafem ha rilasciato dei semi "quick" secondo voi sono utilizzabili per questo metodo di coltivazione 12/12? Ho poca esperienza in indoor sempre coltivato in outdoor
Neus97 is offline Quote

Old 07-15-2018, 06:34 AM #2243
Gr33nSanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejashidrow View Post
I’m thinking 12/12 from seed may do better in a hydro medium than a soil medeium?
just found this thread, awesome! I ll have to read and catch up. I just want to say I grew 12/12 from seeds for about 2 years back in 2011 and 2012, maybe 2013, and I have good experience with it so if you have any questions you can always hit me up!

Best medium for 12/12 from seeds in my opinion is big pots and organics, transplant 7-10 days old seedlings into a 7 gallon pots, given that they are not pure indica, watch them take off!

Old 08-24-2018, 11:26 AM #2244
Aribe

Aribe is on a distinguished road
Per rispondere a neus
credo che in questo tipo di coltivazione le piante "quick" o "fast version" come le chiamano altre banche, siano "troppo" veloci (se mi permetti il termine) e con una crescita minore si rischia di avere una produzione piuttosto bassa, io preferirei varietá con una fioritura un po'piú lunga...naturalmente è una opinione, saluti!
Aribe is offline Quote

Old 05-30-2019, 07:12 PM #2245
#1cheesebuds

#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of
I used to grow 1212 from seed back in the day and then for years I grew regular style. Now I have another seed that im gunna do 1212 from seed again. I hope i get a good yield like I used to get. The trick is to grow in the biggest pot you can find, use great soil and keep temps around 70°F.

I remember when I did it the 1st time I was shocked at how well the plant grew and how big it got.
This one will be growing along side a fem clone that is going into the bloom room soon.

Also the last time i grew this style i only had cheap cfl lights. This time i have a 230 watt cob led lamp.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190529_113936.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	495548
#1cheesebuds is offline Quote

Old 05-30-2019, 07:39 PM #2246
Jammal

Jammal is just really niceJammal is just really niceJammal is just really niceJammal is just really niceJammal is just really niceJammal is just really niceJammal is just really niceJammal is just really niceJammal is just really niceJammal is just really niceJammal is just really nice
12/12 from seed in 5 gallon buckets media or 3 gallon DWC really is a great way to grow.
even micro.
probably my favorite style, mums and clones are dumb.

also lets you put all your energy and efforts into the 12/12 room, have one room and crush it...not waisting time messing around with clones and mums and all that BS,,,get right to the Jazz...more light power intensity, more intensive growing...
I really think cannabis prefers this life cycle also...,growing this way you need to look at photo period plants with knowledge gained from the autoflower community.

Last edited by Jammal; 05-31-2019 at 04:41 PM..
Jammal is offline Quote

Old 06-18-2019, 01:59 PM #2247
Snook

Snook has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammal View Post
12/12 from seed in 5 gallon buckets media or 3 gallon DWC really is a great way to grow.
even micro.
probably my favorite style, mums and clones are dumb.

also lets you put all your energy and efforts into the 12/12 room, have one room and crush it...not waisting time messing around with clones and mums and all that BS,,,get right to the Jazz...more light power intensity, more intensive growing...
I really think cannabis prefers this life cycle also...,growing this way you need to look at photo period plants with knowledge gained from the autoflower community.
Hi, Jammal , I may or may not try 12/12 from seed, dono.
BUT why wouldnt this work with clones? It would kill me (and it has happened) if I grew a seed plant 12/12 from first sprout and it turned out to be the holy grail and I didnt have any way to revisit it (take clones). Re-vegging is an option but does take allot of time and is as much a mother plant as any and then youre back to vegging.. Why wouldnt early rooted clones work the same way?

Snook is online now Quote

Old 06-18-2019, 09:52 PM #2248
Jammal

Jammal is just really niceJammal is just really niceJammal is just really niceJammal is just really niceJammal is just really niceJammal is just really niceJammal is just really niceJammal is just really niceJammal is just really niceJammal is just really niceJammal is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snook View Post
Hi, Jammal , I may or may not try 12/12 from seed, dono.
BUT why wouldnt this work with clones? It would kill me (and it has happened) if I grew a seed plant 12/12 from first sprout and it turned out to be the holy grail and I didnt have any way to revisit it (take clones). Re-vegging is an option but does take allot of time and is as much a mother plant as any and then youre back to vegging.. Why wouldnt early rooted clones work the same way?
They just don't, a seed contains a boost of energy for growing life that a clone just doesn't have. Especially when flowering directly....also the tap root

The issue has been consistently high quality genetics in seeds.. which is much less of an issue now than it was even 10 years ago...

The chances of finding the holy Grail mum is pretty miniscule, really your better off trying to get struck by lightning..

12/12 from seed is ideal for every kind of cannabis that is not autoflowers...IMO...it's the life cycle the plant naturally wants to take as an annual...

And also once going to a 12/12 from seed routine, you can put all your energy and capital into the flowering area.
Jammal is offline Quote

Old 06-19-2019, 03:27 AM #2249
OranguTrump
Crotchety Old Crotch

OranguTrump has a brilliant futureOranguTrump has a brilliant futureOranguTrump has a brilliant futureOranguTrump has a brilliant futureOranguTrump has a brilliant futureOranguTrump has a brilliant futureOranguTrump has a brilliant futureOranguTrump has a brilliant futureOranguTrump has a brilliant futureOranguTrump has a brilliant futureOranguTrump has a brilliant future
Talking I like it!

I have 3 female plants in dwc, on 12/12 from seed. The growth is amazing on the hybrid or sativa dominant ones, the indica not so much.

Here's my C99 & WW x BB at about 6 weeks

I am a Pasta-Rasta

"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too." - Mitch Hedberg

"Dave's not here"

Quote:
OranguTrump is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:29 AM #2250
Snook

Snook has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammal View Post
They just don't, a seed contains a boost of energy for growing life that a clone just doesn't have. Especially when flowering directly....also the tap root

The issue has been consistently high quality genetics in seeds.. which is much less of an issue now than it was even 10 years ago...

The chances of finding the holy Grail mum is pretty miniscule, really your better off trying to get struck by lightning..

12/12 from seed is ideal for every kind of cannabis that is not autoflowers...IMO...it's the life cycle the plant naturally wants to take as an annual...

And also once going to a 12/12 from seed routine, you can put all your energy and capital into the flowering area.
Minuscule, yes but it has happened to me already. At least the best I ever grown. No clones back when I first started, cloning was a mystery to me and the weed was so good that I thought it was easy to accomplish.. But thanks for the information , I could try it one day for the experience..

Snook is online now Quote