Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis/Hash Smoke Reports > Peak Seeds Northern Lights

Thread Title Search
Peak Seeds Northern Lights Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2019, 11:01 PM #71
SandyFantasyman

Location: Painted Hawaii, on the edge of the volcano (but when forced into reality: Canada)
SandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of lightSandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of lightSandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of lightSandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of lightSandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of lightSandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of lightSandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of lightSandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of lightSandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of lightSandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of lightSandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSumTomatoes View Post
Any shots of the whole plant?
This one's tucked in behind a PPP right now, but next time I shift them around I'll try to take a few. There's another Peak NL about 11 days ahead of this one in a separate cab and I'll see if she's feeling photogenic as well.

I've started heavily defoliating my plants and have seen good results. The SSxC99 I just chopped saw some defoliation and provided close to a QP under about 100w(~400w of led/ 4 plants in tent) so I think I just beat 1g/w for the first time.

The PPP that I mentioned above is looking really good on 26f after being stripped almost nude as she finished the stretch. The buds are stacking nicely.

The 2 Northern Lights are the first indicas that I've defoliated like this. The nodes are fairly close together and they're quite leafy, so it's mostly been fans that have been removed. They're starting to bulk up, though the older pheno looks like it may take a while longer to finish. That one is under an HLG-65 supplemented with a few SILs in a 1'x2' cab. The jury's still out on how they'll respond to stripping, but the sativas and sativa doms seem to like it.
(thanks for the karma, btw)
SandyFantasyman is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-05-2019, 11:36 PM #72
SandyFantasyman

Location: Painted Hawaii, on the edge of the volcano (but when forced into reality: Canada)
SandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of lightSandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of lightSandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of lightSandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of lightSandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of lightSandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of lightSandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of lightSandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of lightSandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of lightSandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of lightSandyFantasyman is a glorious beacon of light
Went and snapped a few of the older NL. I remembered she had aspects I wanted to share.

First, just an overall shot. PSNL 41f

One from above

Notice anything different? A number of the branches have double tops. Is that called fasciation? Can't remember. Here's a closer look.

A branch was pollinated by a PSNL male and I am happy to say there are numerous seeds visible including this one right on top. It's harder to see in the photo than irl, but I'm pretty happy. Next step, making fem seeds.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-06-2019, 11:59 AM #73
JustSumTomatoes
Senior Insomniac

JustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant future
Looking gorgeous! It seems to me that when grown outdoors Peaks NL can be really stretchy but indoors is more compact, the buds on both get frosted. Bet those fem seeds will be good. Seems like a good strain to breed with. Did a NL X Orange Grove cross with that 11 foot female NL.
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

Old 06-06-2019, 04:03 PM #74
SandyFantasyman

Quote:
Looking gorgeous! It seems to me that when grown outdoors Peaks NL can be really stretchy but indoors is more compact, the buds on both get frosted. Bet those fem seeds will be good. Seems like a good strain to breed with. Did a NL X Orange Grove cross with that 11 foot female NL.
NL x Orange Grove sounds tasty!

Old 06-06-2019, 08:06 PM #75
SandyFantasyman

Quote:
Any shots of the whole plant?
Grabbed a pic when feeding today.

PSNL 29f
(Don't mind the droopy C99 on the right, I let her go a little drier than she likes, she'll be back to praying shortly)

Old 06-13-2019, 07:03 PM #76
SandyFantasyman

One week later, 36f, putting on a little more weight.

Old 06-13-2019, 07:42 PM #77
noknees

noknees has a spectacular aura aboutnoknees has a spectacular aura aboutnoknees has a spectacular aura aboutnoknees has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyFantasyman View Post
One week later, 36f, putting on a little more weight.

light feeder? how many watts/ft you running?

nice!
noknees is offline Quote

Old 06-13-2019, 09:18 PM #78
SandyFantasyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by noknees View Post

light feeder? how many watts/ft you running?

nice!
Thank you. I feed everything around 800 ppm, give or take, unless I see issues. I'm still figuring out WTF I'm doing, but having fun in the meantime.

There is just over 400w of screw in LEDs, divided by a 3x3 tent equals between 40 and 45 watts per square foot.

Old 06-23-2019, 09:12 PM #79
SandyFantasyman

Here's the younger of the 2 girls at 46f. There's some foxtailing, I believe due to light stress. The SILs are more powerful than I'd realized, so I moved them up after the light meter showed as high as 100,000 lux on the tallest branches.
I'm liking the trich development on the leaves.

Old 06-23-2019, 10:43 PM #80
noknees

noknees has a spectacular aura aboutnoknees has a spectacular aura aboutnoknees has a spectacular aura aboutnoknees has a spectacular aura about
what does she smell like? stinky or no? your bigger girl is proper chunky. nice, dude.
noknees is offline Quote