Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > Forcing flower

Thread Title Search
Forcing flower Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-03-2018, 03:02 PM #1
Tipunch

Tipunch has a spectacular aura aboutTipunch has a spectacular aura aboutTipunch has a spectacular aura about
Forcing flower

In A greenhouse, What would you advise, forcing flower indoor style with 3 days full darkness or A more progressive method like 1 or 2 hours extra in dark every day for 15 days?

Anyone tried indoor method in A greenhouse? I might try 3 days full darkness in greenhouse starting on august 14th! If it works indoor why wouldn't it work in A greenhouse, from A plant responsiveness perspective?

Thanks
Tipunch is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-04-2018, 04:59 AM #2
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of light
What do you mean? Isn't indoor style just switching light schedule to 12/12?
I guess more dark hours can cut out a day or 2 of transition time
CrushnYuba is offline Quote

Old 12-04-2018, 09:04 AM #3
Tipunch

Tipunch has a spectacular aura aboutTipunch has a spectacular aura aboutTipunch has a spectacular aura about
Hi Crush, well indoors I always gave 2 days darkness before switching to 12/12.

Old 12-04-2018, 05:07 PM #4
airplane

airplane is on a distinguished road
just do the 2-3 days of darkness before flower or just use a "blue" spectrum in the last 3 days for terpene and essential oils - this really increase them
airplane is offline Quote

Old 12-04-2018, 09:35 PM #5
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of light
Anything you do inside with light cycles can be done in a greenhouse.
I'm not sure what the point of 2 days of dark is. To initiate flowering faster them just flipping with 12/12? If you really wanted to, you could. But besides eliminating a day or 2 of stretch, I'm not sure the point. Most greenhouse growers want the stretch. You would lose 2 days of sun and growth to initiate flowering a little faster. Why not just flip a little sooner? Seems like that sort of thing would be more helpful when space is an issue.

I have started trimming hours of light out at the end of flowering to try to push greenhouse plants to finish a little earlier. Like 9/15

Old 12-04-2018, 09:41 PM #6
Wendull C.

Wendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud of
Some genetics will go full hermaphrodite from this practice. Others, do fine.
Wendull C. is online now Quote

Old 12-05-2018, 01:31 AM #7
Tipunch

Thanks for comments. Reason I want to do this is to make sure that all my plants switch to flower on same time, which is not the case for all my strains. I had some strains that took much more time to switch and hence had A less favorable weather to finish than those who switched as planned. A good example is 2 different Maple Leaf Indica phenos I had this year who were very late to flower compared to 5 other strains I grew alongside who had same environment and grow conditions (3 months veg, same soil, water etc).

Doing 2 days darkness, if done on august 14th shouldn't hinder my yield nor stretch as stretch happens mainly in september. Note that I'd rather do this on 2 days then having to shorthen days progressively on A much longer timeframe as this would need me to operates in greenhouse every day. I need minimal work for maximum results

Old 12-05-2018, 01:33 AM #8
Wendull C.

Wendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud of
Your problem is in your chosen varietals, not triggering flower sooner.
Wendull C. is online now Quote

Old 12-05-2018, 01:42 AM #9
Tipunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendull C. View Post
Your problem is in your chosen varietals, not triggering flower sooner.
most probably but as we say you don't know what you don't know. So when I added MLI in my lineup, never did I think this Afghani would be so late to flower.

So next year, should I decide to keep MLI in lineup, I'll need to change something So it's on same pace, on the normal outdoor pace of normal flowering. I've been doing outdoor for 15 years from guerilla to greenhouse So I do have some elements for comparison from previous years.

Old 12-05-2018, 08:47 AM #10
CrushnYuba

I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying 2 days of darkness on a light depp greenhouse. Not 2 days of dark on full season plants. I wouldn't recommend doing that. I do know people that depp for a couple weeks to start initiating flower earlier.
But increasing daylight hours might give you some nutz. All variaties start flowering on different days. Even once flowering is initiated, full term outdoor plants usually flower longer then they would indoors or in a depp with 12/12. I have plants that finish in 60 days in a light depp, go 3 months outside after flowering starts. The long stretch period on full season plants is also when they get huge. I wouldn't want to miss that.