Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Outdoors > Accidently stripped off the skin while pulling sucker branches

Thread Title Search
Click for great cannabis genetics at Female Seeds!
Accidently stripped off the skin while pulling sucker branches Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-04-2018, 06:56 PM #1
'Boogieman'

'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice
Accidently stripped off the skin while pulling sucker branches

I have always just pulled lower branches with my hands, plants are guerilla in the ground, I will use a cutter from now on but stripping the lower sucker branches I accidently some how stripped the skin off all around the base it just pulled off in one go. Did I just accidently girdle my plant cutting off its water supply like stripping bark off a tree?
'Boogieman' is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-04-2018, 07:07 PM #2
Switcher56

Switcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud of
No you're good. Lessons learned
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 08-04-2018, 07:11 PM #3
dufous

dufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nice
I do it all the time. Even with the clippers in my pocket.
dufous is offline Quote

Old 08-04-2018, 07:28 PM #4
Gantz
Smoke weed and prosper

Gantz is a splendid one to beholdGantz is a splendid one to beholdGantz is a splendid one to beholdGantz is a splendid one to beholdGantz is a splendid one to beholdGantz is a splendid one to beholdGantz is a splendid one to beholdGantz is a splendid one to beholdGantz is a splendid one to beholdGantz is a splendid one to beholdGantz is a splendid one to behold
I've snapped them in half and quickly tied them back together. They survive when you move fast. A little scratch isn't gonna do much.
Gantz is offline Quote

Old 08-04-2018, 07:28 PM #5
iTarzan

iTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud of
Did it go all the way around the stem or just a strip on one side? Just a strip is ok. The other way is girdled and the plant will die.
iTarzan is offline Quote

Old 08-04-2018, 07:36 PM #6
dufous

dufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nicedufous is just really nice
Yup, done that so many times. Tie 'em up, splint 'em stake 'em.

Go home heartbroken. A week later, growing like crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
I've snapped them in half
dufous is offline Quote

Old 08-04-2018, 07:40 PM #7
Switcher56

Switcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTarzan View Post
Did it go all the way around the stem or just a strip on one side? Just a strip is ok. The other way is girdled and the plant will die.
No it won't! Ever heard of air layering? If you do girdle the plant, air layer it. It may just save the plant were it might have been lost otherwise. If in flower of course you will need a mild fert solutions for the "air layered" roots and when erady chop off the top. Feed with a mild solution until the plant has demonstrated it has survived the ordeal. Improvise, adapt and overcome. Never give up
Switcher56 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:43 PM #8
iTarzan

iTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud ofiTarzan has much to be proud of
Hey there Switcher! When you air layer you only cut half way through the stem or only scrape one side. You don't girdle it. If it is girdled he could just cut it at the girdle area and try to root the top.
iTarzan is offline Quote

Old 08-04-2018, 11:50 PM #9
therevverend

therevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud of
If you strip the bark about 65% of the way around a tree or cannabis plant it will usually die. I've seen grey mold girdle almost completely around a ganja plant. As long as there's a strip of clean green bark the plant doesn't die.
Never, ever, snap off branches by hand. Always use snips, clips, razors, a knife, or whatever. You want a sharp clean cut. You'd think I'd have learned by now but I did the same shit earlier this year. It's clippers only for me.
Anytime you break the skin like that you're at risk of a fungal infection. I've tore the skin in July. Then three months later in flowering after a rain storm had grey mold attack the wound.
Most of the time you're okay though. You can tape or tie it up and it'll heal in a couple days if it's a bad one. Cannabis plants are fast healers and can take a lot of damage.
This is pruning season I'm going to be removing branches the next few days. It's dangerous, wish I didn't have to. Keep an eye on old wounds, broken branches, scrapes and such. Boytritis is always waiting for an opportunity. The stumps of old branches and leaves are places it loves to attack.
therevverend is offline Quote

Old 08-05-2018, 12:22 AM #10
Green Wolf

Green Wolf is on a distinguished road
Always use clippers or a blade! Always!
Green Wolf is offline Quote