Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > Would ya just look at that.

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Would ya just look at that. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-14-2018, 02:30 AM #1
Watchgrassgrow

Watchgrassgrow has a spectacular aura aboutWatchgrassgrow has a spectacular aura aboutWatchgrassgrow has a spectacular aura aboutWatchgrassgrow has a spectacular aura about
Would ya just look at that.

Hey water growers. Im a dirt grower trying DWC for the first time. From a few youtube videos I got enough information to pop a GG4 seed in distilled water. Once the tap was exposed a couple days later I put it in a rockwool cube and collected and washed round river rock to lock the cube in the basket. I got my ph between 5.5 and 6.5 and the little start got bigger. Since Im a noob to dwc I didnt put any food in the water for 2 plus weeks, but when I did the plant took off.

Watchgrassgrow is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-15-2018, 02:29 AM #2
Watchgrassgrow

Watchgrassgrow has a spectacular aura aboutWatchgrassgrow has a spectacular aura aboutWatchgrassgrow has a spectacular aura aboutWatchgrassgrow has a spectacular aura about
And then disaster...

Picture above is the day after I changed reservoir water. My PH meter was malfunctioning and I ended up giving them 350ppm water PH 3.5! In just one day the roots turned to brown and two days later the roots were mush. I treated the top like a clone and cut all the big fan leaves to promote new root growth and I pulled off all the mushy roots. Fresh water, no nutes, and I foliar sprayed the leaves since the old roots were pretty much gone.

And here is the Gorilla 8 days later... Making a nice comeback. I just gotta say; soil is much more forgiving than DWC, but DWC if run Perfect grows quicker than soil and I have seen very impressive harvests from DWC.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-15-2018, 02:52 AM #3
siftedunity
cant re Member

siftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud ofsiftedunity has much to be proud of
nice recovery! I like the look of the leaves.. reminds me of a chem.
siftedunity is offline Quote

Old 03-17-2018, 03:09 AM #4
SoulAnnoyed
Banned

SoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the rough
I wonder why so much hydro tastes like stagnant water and moldy carpet?
SoulAnnoyed is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:06 AM #5
Watchgrassgrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAnnoyed View Post
LOL, My friend grows some Cheese monsters in 5 gal dwc that is some of the nicest smoke I have ever inhaled. You gotta get a little more technical than this experiment of mine to reach that level of success. Master controllers, reliable ph and ppm meters, co2, water chillers, rdwc etc. Soil is my forte, and is much more forgiving. She is sprouting new growth now and the new roots are pure white and growing at an incredible pace. I imagine if you have all white roots at the end then it should be some nice clean smoke. Definitley not giving up on soil but expanding my knowledge base about how plants grow under different conditions. I think I have already learned from dwc knowledge that I can apply dirreclty to Soil growing.... keep learning

I am also studying veganic cannabis and no till. Trying to get some really good medicine this next round. Adding very little to the soil as far as nutes are concerned.

Old 03-17-2018, 07:20 AM #6
Watchgrassgrow

Just look at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF8GhC-T_Mo&sns=em

Old 03-17-2018, 01:18 PM #7
v1ru5

v1ru5 has a spectacular aura aboutv1ru5 has a spectacular aura aboutv1ru5 has a spectacular aura about
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAnnoyed View Post
I have smoked only hydro from my own grows for the past 13 years and I have to say that I've never had my stuff taste like the stuff you mention.

I don't know what your sources are doing wrong or is it your taste buds, but that sounds weird...

@Watchgrassgrow: 3.5pH!!!!! You wanted to give them an acid bath huh
v1ru5 is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:21 AM #8
Watchgrassgrow

This morning

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:03 AM #9
Watchgrassgrow

Today, fully recovered.

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-24-2018, 02:36 PM #10
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Yar, DWC is impressive when everything is kept in check. Good job on the recovery. I have yet to run across better soil flower than my best DWC. Which is crazy, because I've been using cannabis from many states, places and growers for over 30 years.

I'm sure there's soil grown just as high quality, just haven't run across it yet. Maybe another 30 years? lol

1 members found this post helpful.