Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > Forcing flower

Thread Title Search
Forcing flower Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2018, 07:13 PM #11
Tipunch

Tipunch has a spectacular aura aboutTipunch has a spectacular aura aboutTipunch has a spectacular aura about
Day light is going downwards in august already in my area and august 15th marks the less than 12 Hours day light on calendar. So forcing flower on august 14th for 2 days, once august 16th day light Will be less than 12 hours, like indoor once flowering mode is on.

I don't see how I would miss the stretch as it lasts for weeks and should happen regardless of any force flowering imo. On the contrary, I Hope that plant Will shift full speed in flower rather than sitting there wondering if its veg or flower. Looking at my plants every year I constantly see that plants stall A few days when They switch before showing first signs of flower mode.

But thats theory for now. Have A few months to think about it. I strongly believe that what is done indoor can be applied outdoor, just needs to be tested, fine-tuned & dialed-in.
Tipunch is online now Quote

Old 12-05-2018, 08:10 PM #12
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of light
Like i said. Outdoor plants stretch longer then inside because they are starting to flower slow. Its a longer stretch then u get in a depp.
Give the theory a shot. I would use one of those cheap 10$ light meters instead of counting on a daylight table.
How were your N levels? I have seen plants start flowering earlier in gardens that has lower n levels. But it's weird. Even though they start flowering weeks earlier, they finish on the same day.

Keep in mind in the spring time most plants will flower with only 14.5 hours of light. Not sure exactly why my plants don't start flowering till mid august.
CrushnYuba is offline Quote

Old 12-05-2018, 08:46 PM #13
Tipunch

Tipunch has a spectacular aura aboutTipunch has a spectacular aura aboutTipunch has a spectacular aura about
I use rain water and 1/4 of prescribed dosage of nutes. This year has been the first year that all leafs from all plants looked great from start to end. I usually get some cal/mag defficiency spots but not this year. So N was not too high.

Old 12-06-2018, 03:02 AM #14
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of lightCrushnYuba is a glorious beacon of light
I like your experiment. Sounds pretty cool. Out of curiosity, why don't you just light depp?
CrushnYuba is offline Quote

Old 12-06-2018, 08:13 AM #15
Tipunch

Thx Crush!
Well my greenhouse is close to neighbour's field, like 10 meters away. He can see my greenhouse So if I add lights he Will know that I'm not growing peppers like he thinks So. Greenhouse is A few feet away from 25 tomato plants and other stuff. Call it greenhouse guerilla