Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > Nutrient strength

Thread Title Search
-
Nutrient strength Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2018, 09:37 AM #1
ThatDjGuy

ThatDjGuy is on a distinguished road
Nutrient strength

Hi, this might be a stupid question but I can't find the answer anywhere. If i'm using a hydro nutrient that is 20-20-20 and I only mix half the recommended amount in the same amount of water, would it make the mix 10-10-10 or is it still 20-20-20 in a smaller amount?

Thanks.
ThatDjGuy is offline Quote

Old 12-05-2018, 10:59 AM #2
Carraxe

Carraxe is a name known to allCarraxe is a name known to allCarraxe is a name known to allCarraxe is a name known to allCarraxe is a name known to allCarraxe is a name known to allCarraxe is a name known to allCarraxe is a name known to allCarraxe is a name known to allCarraxe is a name known to allCarraxe is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatDjGuy View Post
Hi, this might be a stupid question but I can't find the answer anywhere. If i'm using a hydro nutrient that is 20-20-20 and I only mix half the recommended amount in the same amount of water, would it make the mix 10-10-10 or is it still 20-20-20 in a smaller amount?

Thanks.

It is 20-20-20 in concentrated form. Once you dilute, the number reduces as much as you dilute it.
Carraxe is offline Quote

Old 12-05-2018, 11:18 AM #3
King Rat

King Rat is just really niceKing Rat is just really niceKing Rat is just really niceKing Rat is just really niceKing Rat is just really niceKing Rat is just really niceKing Rat is just really niceKing Rat is just really niceKing Rat is just really niceKing Rat is just really niceKing Rat is just really nice
it won't make your mix 10-10-10
to make it simple:

if 8ml per gal. of 20-20-20 is the recommended dosage and adding the half of it (4ml) to your mix - its like adding 8ml of 10-10-10

get an EC meter to take out the guesswork
King Rat is offline Quote

Old 12-08-2018, 09:35 PM #4
Robinson

Robinson is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
it won't make your mix 10-10-10
to make it simple:

if 8ml per gal. of 20-20-20 is the recommended dosage and adding the half of it (4ml) to your mix - its like adding 8ml of 10-10-10

get an EC meter to take out the guesswork
What makes you think that this will make a mixture of 10-10-10? Where does this information come from?

But at the expense of EC meter, I agree, the necessary device that helps to find out what the mixture, not guessing.
Robinson is offline Quote

Old 12-08-2018, 09:42 PM #5
Switcher56

Switcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud of
I guess a lot of folks didn't pay attention in science class.
Switcher56 is online now Quote

Old 12-08-2018, 11:08 PM #6
Teddybrae
Irresponsible Hermit

Teddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant futureTeddybrae has a brilliant future
So Mr Switcher ... you seem to be saying the higher the numbers the stronger the potion? May I respectfully ask: is that what you are saying?

"Human consciousness, at the same time as being a form of Awareness, Sensitivity and Understanding, is also a form of Ignorance.
The ordinary everyday consciousness that we have ... leaves out ... more than it takes in. And because of this it leaves out things that are terribly important. It leaves out things that if we did know them would allay our anxieties, fears and horrors. We would have a deep, interior Peace.

Now ... the question that is absolutely basic for all Human Beings is: What have we left out?

(Allan Watts)
Teddybrae is offline Quote

Old 12-09-2018, 01:18 AM #7
Switcher56

Switcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud of
No I am saying that if you take a solution of 20-20-20 and double the liquid you have cut the strength to 10-10-10.
Switcher56 is online now Quote

Old 12-09-2018, 03:45 AM #8
Absolem

Absolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatDjGuy View Post

Thanks.
No. It doesn't make it a 10-10-10

20-20-20 simply means the product contains 20% nitrogen, 20% phosphorous, 20% potassium.

There is no relation between the dosage one uses and the percentage of NPK in fertilizer product other then changing the nutrient strength used.

Old 12-09-2018, 04:24 AM #9
BongFu

BongFu will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolem View Post
No. It doesn't make it a 10-10-10

20-20-20 simply means the product contains 20% nitrogen, 20% phosphorous, 20% potassium.

There is no relation between the dosage one uses and the percentage of NPK in fertilizer product other then changing the nutrient strength used.

Ah yes there is because that percentage is by volume. I'd perhaps avoid engaging in arguments when more knowledgeable people offer you insight. Otherwise why even ask the question if you have the answer (answer to that is because you do not have the answer, only questions:-)
BongFu is offline Quote

Old 12-09-2018, 04:33 AM #10
Absolem

Absolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to allAbsolem is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by BongFu View Post
Ah yes there is because that percentage is by volume. I'd perhaps avoid engaging in arguments when more knowledgeable people offer you insight. Otherwise why even ask the question if you have the answer (answer to that is because you do not have the answer, only questions:-)

Wrong.

The dosage rate on a fertilizer product doesn't make it a 10-10-10 or 20-20-20.

Try again.

Last edited by Absolem; 12-09-2018 at 04:44 AM..
Absolem is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.