Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Women's Forum > Smoking weed while pregnant?

Thread Title Search
Smoking weed while pregnant? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2018, 04:22 PM #531
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Try working on getting more sentences into the same paragraphs. It drastically increases readability and helps people continue to read what you're trying to put out there.
Thanks.

As for 'hiding it?' You probably do not realize you're teaching your child how to hide things and be dishonest. This happened with raising my first kid in a prohibition state. My second child has not been exposed to parents hiding and not talking openly about cannabis, and their core values are much stronger because of it.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:09 PM #532
KONY

KONY is a splendid one to beholdKONY is a splendid one to beholdKONY is a splendid one to beholdKONY is a splendid one to beholdKONY is a splendid one to beholdKONY is a splendid one to beholdKONY is a splendid one to beholdKONY is a splendid one to beholdKONY is a splendid one to beholdKONY is a splendid one to beholdKONY is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPfan View Post
I'd say smoking while pregnant is probably safer than eating McDonald's or processed foods.

I agree. Add in caffeine to that too.

So much misinformation on this topic and very little science. My wife just gave birth recently to a healthy baby. The midwife that helped shadily drug tested the wifes urine after the wife admitting to using CBD oil, I realized next time deny everything, medical professionals are too brainwashed...

However I have heard of no cases of social services hassling any parents here for testing positive for cannabis only. This is probably the most cannabis friendly state in the country per capita.
KONY is offline Quote

Old 12-03-2018, 09:24 AM #533
oliverblackk

oliverblackk is on a distinguished road
informative!
oliverblackk is offline Quote

Old 12-10-2018, 10:23 AM #534
Rowerg

Rowerg is on a distinguished road
are u crazy man?Sober!Sober!Sober at alllll!
Rowerg is offline Quote

Old 12-10-2018, 02:43 PM #535
therevverend

therevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud oftherevverend has much to be proud of
Anything that changes brain chemistry is not good for a growing brain. Smoking daily throughout pregnancy is probably not a good idea. THC and the terpenes that come with it affect brain receptors and you wouldn't want to create an imbalance while they develop.

That said cannabis is one of the safest substances in the world. Using cannabis occasionally as a medicine for things like nausea and hormonal crazy woman stuff probably isn't the worst thing. The body naturally produces small amounts of the chemicals that are in cannabis.

I googled this to see if there was any new info or studies I can quote. There are not and much of the info is bullshit. I saw cannabis being responsible for stillbirth, shrunken head, small birth rate. There are no studies that say this and I would hate for a woman to give birth to a dead or retarded baby and blame themselves for smoking cannabis. I'd be more worried about brain chemical balances, schizophrenia and those type of diseases that show later in life.

Of course worried about doesn't mean there's anything there. In the 50s or 60s there was a study done of pregnant Jamaican women who smoked lots of ganja. Their babies were just as healthy as normal babies.

Which brings up another issue with the stuff I saw when I googled. There's a hippy chick who's pregnant with a bunch of kids running around who said she smokes pot all through her pregnancy and her kids are awesome. I'm sure there's women who smoked who have had stillborn children, or children with all sorts of problems. It happens. That's why science is necessary.

My opinion that it may not be a good idea may be wrong. It may be a very bad idea or it could be excellent for pregnant women. My grandma's friend was told by doctors to smoke throughout her pregnancy, tobacco, so she'd remain calm and not stressed out. Wouldn't it be weird if doctors found out cannabis smoking was good for pregnant women?

Cannabis has been used to ease childbirth for women for thousands of years. The ancient Egyptians, Jews in Palestine around the time of Jesus, nomadic horsemen in the steppes of Asia. There's quite the history there.
therevverend is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:18 PM #536
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
There are only two real issues with cannabis and pregnant women. Mentally debilitating cannabis strains (completely terpene related), and adulterants/contamination in 99% of the world supply.

The first can be avoided with proper strain selection. I'm working on educating the world regarding the second. Prohibition is why many people do not have choice in strain selection, and why they do not have easy access to cleanly grown cannabis. It's definitely a goal worth working toward.

Old 12-10-2018, 06:45 PM #537
hush
Se˝or Member

hush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud of
Anecdotal report: When my wife was pregnant with our daughter last year, she suffered from hyperemesis gravitas, which means she had morning sickness that didn't quit, 24 hours a day for almost her entire pregnancy. Her OB/GYN out here in our small town is a part of a doctor group based out of Denver, which made us happy because we had braced ourselves for finding a doctor that was also a cattle veterinarian or something, lol.

But anyway, her doctor was practically trying to convince her to smoke cannabis to combat the nausea! My wife kept saying that she had stopped smoking once she got pregnant, and her doctor was basically saying, "Okay, but you don't have to. Please feel free to smoke some cannabis as I think that will help you."

It pretty much blew my mind. I don't think doctors in Florida would have been so encouraging in that manner. I'm so glad we moved!

(All of this to say that I think the science is changing, and medical professionals, especially in places like CO, are adjusting their methods and recommendations accordingly.)
hush is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:01 PM #538
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
There are only two real issues with cannabis and pregnant women. Mentally debilitating cannabis strains (completely terpene related), and adulterants/contamination in 99% of the world supply.

The first can be avoided with proper strain selection. I'm working on educating the world regarding the second. Prohibition is why many people do not have choice in strain selection, and why they do not have easy access to cleanly grown cannabis. It's definitely a goal worth working toward.
The real issue is lack of verifiable information to support either stance. Where is the repeated peer reviewed research? There is practically nothing.

When I don't know an answer (in this case, from nothing to work with) I tend to keep my mouth shut. Doesn't appear to be an issue for many of ya'll.
Mikell is offline Quote

Old 12-10-2018, 08:14 PM #539
Douglas.Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikell View Post
The real issue is lack of verifiable information to support either stance. Where is the repeated peer reviewed research? There is practically nothing.
Show me any peer reviewed study showing permanent mental capacity changes from cannabis use. I'll accept anything within the last 100 years. 100% of those proving it will have (what is now known to be) glaring errors in their study. A veritable plethora of unknowns and unaccounted for variables.

On the other hand, we have thousands of years of documented use of medicinal cannabis. History shows an amazing number of references to cannabis use for morning sickness, general nausea and other issues during pregnancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikell View Post
When I don't know an answer (in this case, from nothing to work with) I tend to keep my mouth shut. Doesn't appear to be an issue for many of ya'll.
My wife also had hyperemesis gravitas and I doubt I'd even have a child without cannabis.

Do you have a very happy, highly intelligent, extremely healthy kid from a wife who used clean cannabis during pregnancy?

I do.

Old 12-10-2018, 09:46 PM #540
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
So, not only do you have nothing to support your claim, but I have to disprove it?

I see you are unfamiliar with burden of proof. We've been down this road before. Last time you blocked me (and dozens of others) for presenting information contrary to your beliefs. What next, Ostrich?

If you want to put the future of your childen to a test of faith, go ahead. But don't advocate that others follow your poor example.

I'll say it again.

There is very little information to support any stance on cannabis and pregnancy. Who but a fool would base any claim or action upon such a weak foundation?
Mikell is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.