Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Security & Legal Issues > home security video.

Thread Title Search
home security video. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-10-2018, 02:10 AM #11
Hydro8

Hydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of lightHydro8 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwestsmoker View Post
We’re do you recommend getting the done cams from?

Not sure where is a good place to buy cameras these days.

Most of the cameras I have installed were professionally and the sales guys would buy them from suppliers or the manufacturer. I have bought a few on my own and went bargain shopping on the internet a couple of things I found.

Many companies will not warranty cameras purchased from “non authorized” dealers which basically means anyplace that is cheap the cameras will have no manufacturer warranty.

Many of the bargain camera are counterfeit and sup par fakes. Amazon had a tons of fakes last time I bought some, an established dealer will probably have better quality control then random stuff from Amazon.

Hope that might help on your search.
Hydro8 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-10-2018, 06:08 AM #12
Midwestsmoker

Midwestsmoker is on a distinguished road
Yes it does thank you this helps me from buying a cheapo kit and regretting it later
Midwestsmoker is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:10 AM #13
stewart169

stewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of light
Google HikVision

Old 11-14-2018, 01:56 PM #14
exploziv
pure dynamite

exploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivor
Yeah, HikVision has some nice consumer products, also including kits of 4/8/16 cameras. Just make sure to get the better quality ones, with better camera resolution and bigger camera IR range. The price is usually very good.
Oh, and they have good mobile app to check the cameras too! Easy set-up and connection. If you have any question just ask.

If the whole world smoked a joint at the same time, there would be world peace for at least two hours. Followed by a global food shortage.
exploziv is offline Quote

Old 11-28-2018, 07:54 AM #15
piffd

piffd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro8 View Post
I have tested remote storage and cameras and never found any reliable solutions. The problem is camera footage is big usually bigger then your wifi connection. Most wifi will give you high download speeds but small upload speeds(smaller then a decent camera).

View Image

WIFI can and will give you symmetrical speeds on download and upload. your main bottleneck for the upload is gonna be the speed your ISP provisions you.
piffd is offline Quote

Old 11-28-2018, 07:35 PM #16
stewart169

stewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of lightstewart169 is a glorious beacon of light
Depending on your level of interest and DIY ability its better to run ethernet cat 5 for them if possible. Yeah its a pain to get in the attic and the eaves for outdoor cams but you wont have any wifi issues and you can run them directly to your storage solution. AND if no AC power is handy you can use POE (power over Ethernet) takes a different switch than a switch that does not have POE built in. I run mine thru a switch on my home pc network and use a external hard drive in a safe location. If someone gets in the house they wont get the files. Lots of ways to do it. But I still like the HikVision for cameras and I may upgrade soon. I check mine once every few days just to make sure all is OK but otherwise dont worry about them.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-15-2018, 05:11 PM #17
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
One option is - 2 camera systems.

One obvious, one hidden.

The hidden one positioned so that it captures an intruder trying to obscure the obvious camera.

Also, multiple cameras in each system.

A 30 Degree day feels like a 40 Degree Day

(Degrees F)
St. Phatty is offline Quote