What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Overwatering or Nitrogen toxicity?

Scrappy-doo

I hope the soil you put the plant into wasn't completely dry. That's not good either.

If you did that you need to dip the bottom of your pot into a bucket of water so there's some wet soil underneath the roots for them to grow into.

You don't want your soil completely soaking wet with an undeveloped root system and you don't want it completely dry. You want it moist, so there is water to drink and air to breathe. Let the roots grow and develop into the moist soil, then when you water, water thoroughly. Then let it dry out 70% or so. Wet period, then dry period. Roots need that to develop properly.

When you transplant you do so into moist soil that has good water to air ratio, with the soil under the root ball a little bit wetter than on the sides and as water evaporates it comes up through the soil keeping it moist but not wet. With undeveloped roots if it's wet soil and the plant doesn't need much to sustain itself it will just stay wet and drown out the roots.

in an emergency situation to rapidly reverse effects of overwatering, use 35% h2o2 then resupply benneficials this will wipeout all bad and good bacteria as well as supply a great amount of much needed oxygen to the root zone.

Diego_

I hope the soil you put the plant into wasn't completely dry. That's not good either.

If you did that you need to dip the bottom of your pot into a bucket of water so there's some wet soil underneath the roots for them to grow into.

You don't want your soil completely soaking wet with an undeveloped root system and you don't want it completely dry. You want it moist, so there is water to drink and air to breathe. Let the roots grow and develop into the moist soil, then when you water, water thoroughly. Then let it dry out 70% or so. Wet period, then dry period. Roots need that to develop properly.

When you transplant you do so into moist soil that has good water to air ratio, with the soil under the root ball a little bit wetter than on the sides and as water evaporates it comes up through the soil keeping it moist but not wet. With undeveloped roots if it's wet soil and the plant doesn't need much to sustain itself it will just stay wet and drown out the roots.

Didn't remove all the wet/moist soil around the roots, just all the one around the roots. It was pretty wet, so I think the dry soil will get some moist from the ball and help to "balance" things out.

I'm wondering what tje yield could be if she ever recovers from this killing attempt

one last thing is that does not look like a good choice for a pot. A tall pot like that could be a little deceiving meaning it could appear very dry up top, but still very wet at the bottom where the majority of the roots will be.

Diego_

one last thing is that does not look like a good choice for a pot. A tall pot like that could be a little deceiving meaning it could appear very dry up top, but still very wet at the bottom where the majority of the roots will be.

Yeah!! Learned lesson!

Would you agree with a pot the same diameter as foliage and 1/3-1/4 deep rhe height of the whole plant?

Yeah!! Learned lesson!

Would you agree with a pot the same diameter as foliage and 1/3-1/4 deep rhe height of the whole plant?

i think that fabric pots or air are a very good choice for most setups and the size should be based on how big your plants will be and transplanted up to that size in incremental steps. in soil you should definitely look into beneficials. they are very important especially in soil and can really help improve nutrient delivery and over all yield. more importantly they out compete any bad pathnogens like root rot( pithium) keeping your plants healthy as can be.

Diego_

Hey Guys,

just wanted to thank you all for your tips. She is almost completely dead by now, I'm keeping her just to learn if the plant can revegetate after loosing almost all their leaves. Will see.

Meanwhile, I'm taking care of one plant is almost done for harvest, two clones, a few seedlings and a few more seeds germinating.

Ratzilla

Veteran
Yeah!! Learned lesson!

It is my understanding that a taller, narrower container will be more conducive for a healthier root system then shorter,wider one.
Think tap root as well as the perch water table.
Ratz :tiphat:

Diego_

It is my understanding that a taller, narrower container will be more conducive for a healthier root system then shorter,wider one.
Think tap root as well as the perch water table.
Ratz :tiphat:

Seems to be controversy about it. I would like to do some more research

Latest posts

Latest posts