What's new

What's next?

Koondense

Veteran
Hi,
I'm just in the middle of my first indoor grow and it's time to start thinking of the next one:)

Current grow is in my sig.
To sum it up - 120x60cm tent, 300 diy led, two clones(Zamal Hash, Cognition), one seed plant(Zamal Hash), 18 and 11l pots, organic soil mix. biobizz nutes.
So far had underfert issues but getting along nicely, it looks good to my eye.

For the next one I was thinking of trying a light mix with a good set of nutrients.
Maybe a sog configuration to minimize veg time. I wil make a micro cab for seedlings up to 30cm so pregrowing will be an option.

The goal is having a low smelling, high yielding run, can be a combination of two/three strains of comparable properties(approx 9wks flowering).
What strains/seeds to consider?
I'm into trying some Cannabiogen, Ace, TropicalSeeds, Delicatessen, Mandala....this kind of breeders but I think I'd be better to get me seeds from a more commercial oriented breeder like Barneys, SweetSeeds, GreenHouse, Dinafem. Maybe KC Brains would be a good option too.
Clones are not an option, maybe will have a couple if they survive.

At this point any info would help me put things in better perspective.
I have a couple weeks left to decide but the sooner the better, time will get tight.

Thanks for your help:tiphat:

Koondense

Veteran
Ok, let's rephrase the question.

What would you grow in a small tent if you didn't have much time(9wks approx. for flowering)?

A: landrace based exotic strains
B: proven commercial strains

After you pick A or B, please share some examples of strains you think are a good fit.

Thanks a lot:)

mrS0ul

Meatball in Residence
Reason: Easy to grow and yield=results and a nice stash while you plan your 3rd grow. Not necessarily my favorites but they're not too bad and waaaaay better then local regs anywhere, all the time.

I have grown these and have come to realize after the fact, not what a green thumb I have but how easy these strains made growing cannabis seem.

HSO Blue Dream
GHS SLH [Super Easy/Newbie Proof]
Delicious Seeds Cheese Candy [Super Easy/Newbie Proof]

I like your list of candidates. I have been growing for a little over a year and just got some Ace and Cannabiogen gear. I have to evolve some in the medium dept before I do anything. [Note So far I am not happy with Cannabiogen Destroyer germination rates.]

Koondense

Veteran
Forgot to mention they should be feminised seeds. My reasonable options would be

A:
California Dream(Mandala)
Bangi Haze, China Yunnan, some new strain if it comes soon(Ace)
Sugarloaf(CBG)
Smooth Smoke(TTSCo)
Lily, Alice(Delicatessen)

B:
Power Plant(Dutch Passion)
Jack47FV(Sweet Seeds)
Blue Dream(HSO)
Grapefruit, Sex Bud, Bubblegummer(Female Seeds)
Alsakan Ice(GHS)
Mango(KC Brains)

C, feminised strains I already have and can start anytime:
Royal Dane
Aunt Of Farouk(Derg Corra) x Royal Dane
Ulduz(Lala) x Royal Dane
Jack Herer(1 free seed)

I'm thinking more and more of the options in group C so I can save some money for the outdoor season.
But buying a pack of new seeds is always so appealing:)

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
World of Seeds- Northern Lights x Big Bud, not super loud while growing, yields great, has potent smoke, could be harvested anywhere from 7-9 weeks.

Delicious Seeds- Sugar Black Rose- more of a perfumey smell while growing. medium/large yield, harvest between 7-9 weeks

Dinafem- Power Kush- stronger smell than the previous strains I mentioned while growing, but nothing filters can't handle. great yields, good potency, again harvest between 7-9 weeks, depending on circumstance and preference.

GreenHouse Seeds- Moby Dick, Himalaya Gold, Super Critical, Great White Shark, medium odor, high yields, 8-9 week harvest window.

I have grown all of those strains, and was happy with all of them. Quite a few came from popping a single seed.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Pretty sure the Power Kush. One grow I did with a bunch of plants in 3/4 gallon containers, I got like 30-50 gram each plants.

The Northern Lights x Big Bud, I took some 12" clones in 3" rockwool cubes , and put them into 5 gal pails of dirt I had just harvested auto's out of at the end of July. This was outdoors, but anyways, I harvest 110 gram plants. Couldn't smell them until I had my nose right in the buds.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Take a look at Sanie seeds Jack, KO kush, etc

Sweet tooth from delicious would be a good one for sure, large yield, good smoke.

Koondense

Veteran
Is the nl x bb an autoflower strain?
I think i read it was crossed with ruderalis...which i want to avoid for my indoor runs.
Gotta research the market more, i was not interested in big yielders for indoors so far.
The northern light sounds good to kme, would love a cross with maybe a durban poison or a congolese.

San.n.ies strains i don't know, they seem to take long to flower.
What about something like bubba kush or skywalker kush? Critical kush?

Koondense

Veteran
Ok, so i'll be building a veg box for the next cycle and pop some seeds very soon.
I have a pack of Female C99 hybrids and some Royal dane seeds but thinking of another pack of another strain.
Want to try a good american strain as i never grown anything from there.
Has to be semi fast flowerer with not so much smell.

Any ideas? Time is tight.

Koondense

Veteran
Nevermind.
I got a pack of RQS Power Flower, will pop some AOFxRDs and do a kind of sog.

Thanks for the replies, this thread can go to sleep.