What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bethel, Alaska School Catches Students Selling Infused Gummies

M

moose eater

The link to this story is about all I'll post, other than the title, as Associated Press is pretty protective about where their words travel.

While some locations that have legalized cannabis and related products have seen measurable declines in adolescent/underage use, some have not.

The school spokesperson in the article states there's been a notable increase in the frequency of cannabis issues in the Yukon Kuskokwim School District lately. I can't say if that's true or not.

What I can say is that whether it was overt open-air growing of huge amounts "for personal use" or open-air public display and smoking in the 70s and 80s that led to the 4-oz. restriction in Alaska in March, 1983, we screwed ourselves to some degree back then, by flaunting things that should've been better respected.. My opinion.

The current efforts to recriminalize and/or bar cannabis businesses in many places in Alaska & elsewhere is fueled by these incidents. Stories like the one below are ammunition for the recriminalizers..

And these stories are being aired by major media outlets like the AP just as Jeff Sessions is gathering his Tribe of Anslinger-era sycophants and retired government mercenaries.

At $5/gummy bear, it's probably one of the better cannabis deals in remote Alaska, even for a hub such as Bethel.

But this is heat that the legalization front doesn't need, frankly; now or ever.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Alaska high school students caught selling pot gummy bears

https://www.newsminer.com/news/alas...cle_91f801f1-a590-58f2-bce3-ec0cf0f2487f.html