What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GAVITA 1000W

Dog Star

Veteran
Go 4 x Gavita 1000 DE,or atleast 3 Gavitas in that space..

i have less height than you and i still suceed to get good numbers,

3lb or more per lamp if you have right strains...

shape your canopy in "stadium" shape... look how in a middle of canopy is like a hole..
there you put plants that have lower strech.. its only 215cm and i grow most of ciclus
on 1150W feature,dont burn plants and have great buds full of terps...

dont belive those folks that say you dont have a ceiling,use your own brain and everything will be alright..

last 2-3 weeks go with dimming on lower wattage..

picture.php

scarafino

Hey, man, thanks for your advice,

I have several questions,

You grow in what surface and with how many Gavita?

How much do you get out of LBS?

How much do you DIMM your Gavita the last week?

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why are you using shades that ain't for a tent in a tent. I gaurentee you won't hit any targets & the bulb options are whack. They are the worst horticultural luminary for indoor on the planet

Dog Star

Veteran
150 x 150 x 215 cm tent,1 Gavita per this one tent,

i get mostly over 2.2 but i hit over 3 with Amnesia Haze 10 week flowering pheno,

if you grow strains that flowers 10 week,you go in end of 7th week to 750W,
and last week you go tatally dimm to 600W..

important is those shaping in bowl as you can sees from pic that plants on sides
goes really high but a angle is not extreme for them and sometimes they can be really close to lamp
whithouth to be burned,light angle is most extreme under a lamp directly,
while on side its moderate and dont burns plants.. while produce huge buds..

Dog Star

Veteran
Why are you using shades that ain't for a tent in a tent. I gaurentee you won't hit any targets & the bulb options are whack. They are the worst horticultural luminary for indoor on the planet

??

What shades you talking about??

Gavita worst luminary... i dont know bro but i have feel we are
from different planets.. love mine Gavita in 150Q Elite tent..
didnt found better and i didnt wish to pay 2000 euros LEDs..

What lights you use,LED..?

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The same bulbs are available in other reflectors it's just gavita & E-Pap that are stagnated with limited bulb options and application in space. What ventilation are you using as I am upgrading to a double 5x5 & need some advice on that. The double parabolic wings can get within 40 cm of the crop & have the same spread & there is no turning that lamp down just change the spectrum.

Dog Star

Veteran
S&P ultrasilent 1000 exhaust.. 2 inlets VK 150..

Am growed under adjust-a wing reflectors but they are not better than Gavita reflector..

Gavita is a great light when you tune yourself for growing with it..

In your space i will use 2 Gavitas 1000 DE,they will nice overlap and i will go with
lower wattage even before 7th week.. 2 weeks vegetative and then flip if from clones,
actually same i do with mine plants that are from seed... no probs cause Gavita
pump them fast.. also i defoliate 4 times so you can imagine those biomass
this light produce in so short time as soon plants get back all leafes i put down..

Its very strong,i agree.. but with some thinking how to do it and plant manipulation you will be amazed with final results.

scarafino

Very nice result man

how much time of veg ?

in soil ? what is you pot size and how much plant ?

Mate dave what bulb are you talking about? With what reflector?

Dog Star

Veteran
Those reflector replacing is Gavita trick to spend more reflectors.. i growed with
same reflector for 3 years and i didnt sees anything happends with him or he
loose performance for plants... its a classic BS to sell more spare parts..

also bulb didnt loose performance..

scarafino

Hi Dogstar, How do you do 2.2 LBS? How much plant? How many liters or gallon the pots? How many veg weekdays? Soil or hydro? Which fertilizer? Do you have a technique? Toping? OTher?

Dog Star

Veteran
Hi Dogstar, How do you do 2.2 LBS? How much plant? How many liters or gallon the pots? How many veg weekdays? Soil or hydro? Which fertilizer? Do you have a technique? Toping? OTher?

You dont read what i was writed in previous posts,i have a feel??

Am get bored repeating myself... so here i stop.. you can try to read your own thread and there you will found mine answers..

or if you wish you can read mine thread in signature,there you
will found how i growing..

Goodby Scarafino

clearheaded

but if ur dimming at the exact time u NEED most light are u really getting the most out of the light?? hmm doable sure, best? prob not.

scarafino

sorry dog star my english is bad i help google translate lol

I did not understand, or not see how you proceed, yet I tried to translate

thanks anyway

beanja

3 pounds in a 5x5 x7 tent .. gotta call bullshit on that one. 1.3 grams per watt that gotta be a record. especially with such an uneven canopy.

Dog Star

Veteran
Whatever Beanja.. i sees you know it all and sees it all..

Can hit 4 lb in same space if i grow Amnesia Haze monocrop from clone,2 week of vegetation and then flip,16 plants in 7-10 gallon pots,organic soil,organic amendments,70% black soil,30% wormcastings... same stadium shaped canopy..

Could do it for money,like a bet... but i dont belive in posters here that
you will accept it.. but its very possible.. i dont know how you that never tried
can claim this is not possible... do you even growed ever with Gavita??

Haved already crop that weighted 1800 grams in same tent.. this is good over 3 lb..
there are many other folks who know to get great numbers,maybe even better than mine..

Amnesia Haze is a best to hit some records..

picture.php

Dog Star

Veteran
Jesus Skunk.. also good cut to break records..

picture.php

Miscelanus

picture.php

Snow Leopard... also good yielder,record breaker..

picture.php