What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can "50" have your ISP disrupt service and add tap?

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I lost internet service for 3 days after "50" were here to take mother to hospital. The Monday after that weekend I lost service and they had to send someone out to work on lines.

I just recently changed to VPN service so they could not track my connections. If they attached something between house and road they can see everything.

Saw a friend, and got 2 messages a few hours later that he wanted to see me, and wondered why I was not on.

Anyway, I moved everything to a safe house, and only have enough for myself till I hear from that guy and clear this up. Had to move it all in middle of night.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Just contacted the guy that sent e-mails, and said he sent them. ISP has had major problems, so timestamps could have been off???

Carriers do not like to admit they are being hacked.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Person sending did call. He did send messages but many hours before receiving. May have been GMT times.

OldPhart

Email is not instant messaging. There are many reasons why e-mail may arrive hours to days after being sent. Remember that the time stamp that you see, is from the recipients mail server, so it will have the time the message was received, not when it was sent. As far as someone tapping your connection, that isn't likely, and would NOT occur at the street level, or cause any interruption. Sounds more like technical issues to me.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Email is not instant messaging. There are many reasons why e-mail may arrive hours to days after being sent. Remember that the time stamp that you see, is from the recipients mail server, so it will have the time the message was received, not when it was sent. As far as someone tapping your connection, that isn't likely, and would NOT occur at the street level, or cause any interruption. Sounds more like technical issues to me.

Fortunately you are right. The first message, I figured that, but when another showed up 4 hours later, asking to stop by, after already seeing him, I thought the worst, and was 3AM, so could not contact him. Was just concerned since the cops were in the house a few days earlier.

If you are on a VPN they could intercept your traffic, yes, but it will be encrypted through SSL, which effectively blocks any local law enforcement from reading any communications, the same way it blocks a hacker from grabbing your password or credit card info on https websites.

gh0stm0de

Its not the pigs bro you would have no idea if they were on you. Emails can lag at times.

If they want to watch theyre gonna do it. Dont say anything you wouldnt say in front of the judge over any transmitted (recorded/logged/interceptable) communication. Unless your info is time sensitive and you know they csnt crack it in time to be useful, but thats a whole nother ball game.