What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Destroyer - Thai dominate

crimsonecho

I'd be extremely happy if they were mine brother beautiful flowers and just about ready too.
appreciate it brother coming from you its a big compliment. i took 2 tester tops i’ll see how she smokes in a couple of days and decide to harvest the tops or let them go some more.

the density is very good and smell is very pungent and when i wait a little too long it starts foxtailing and even some odd nanners here and there so i want to avoid those problems if possible. how long would you let it go based on the photos?

Tangwena

Veteran
appreciate it brother coming from you its a big compliment. i took 2 tester tops i’ll see how she smokes in a couple of days and decide to harvest the tops or let them go some more.

the density is very good and smell is very pungent and when i wait a little too long it starts foxtailing and even some odd nanners here and there so i want to avoid those problems if possible. how long would you let it go based on the photos?
I like them like that for cobbing but for jar curing maybe next week.
You cant go wrong from here they look juicy as.

crimsonecho

I like them like that for cobbing but for jar curing maybe next week.
You cant go wrong from here they look juicy as.
thanks man i wanna give cob curing a try too but this destroyer is the favorite of all my friends and no harvest stays in the jars or in my possession for longer than a week haha. maybe this time i can just set aside one cobs worth and give it a try. what would you suggest as a minimal amount of herb to cob cure? like how many grams minimum?

Abdthi1966

Have you seen the fox tailing as pretty common in the destroyer line? I’m on week 14 and these gals are frosty and the description is a lot like your gals, though I’m still getting a lot of flushes of pistols. In your experience do you harvest with some white and clear trichs? I’ve been tempted to wait until some amber pops up but I’ve been concerned that it will go 20 weeks if I wait for that haha.

Attachments

• IMG_7586.jpeg
    IMG_7586.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_7587.jpeg
    IMG_7587.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_7588.jpeg
    IMG_7588.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 50

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
thanks man i wanna give cob curing a try too but this destroyer is the favorite of all my friends and no harvest stays in the jars or in my possession for longer than a week haha. maybe this time i can just set aside one cobs worth and give it a try. what would you suggest as a minimal amount of herb to cob cure? like how many grams minimum?
Fantastic that you're going to give it a go. 30g is a nice amount, but better still would be 50g.

I'm enjoying a little destroyer cob as I type. 😉

crimsonecho

How is the high bro?
me? if so:
you know you’ve got a great smoke when you even forgot you toke half an hour ago and now you are trying to make sense of why you are so energetic as to get up and clean the house in the middle of the night despite running errands all day and was positively spent an hour ago.

then you ask your wife did i smoke some destroyer? :)
Have you seen the fox tailing as pretty common in the destroyer line? I’m on week 14 and these gals are frosty and the description is a lot like your gals, though I’m still getting a lot of flushes of pistols. In your experience do you harvest with some white and clear trichs? I’ve been tempted to wait until some amber pops up but I’ve been concerned that it will go 20 weeks if I wait for that haha.
i harvest pretty much as you see in the pics maybe a week more as tangwena suggests. after that i see nanners foxtailing and trichome loss, also the smell starts to weaken. i dont check trichs that much but as you see on the pics i have a lot of white pistils as well but under pretty well receeded brown ones with swollen calyxes. some white pistils are fine as long as the weight, frost and smell is there.

Abdthi1966

me? if so:

i harvest pretty much as you see in the pics maybe a week more as tangwena suggests. after that i see nanners foxtailing and trichome loss, also the smell starts to weaken. i dont check trichs that much but as you see on the pics i have a lot of white pistils as well but under pretty well receeded brown ones with swollen calyxes. some white pistils are fine as long as the weight, frost and smell is there.
Thanks for the insight mate. Always nice to have advice on a new cultivar in the garden that someone else has experience with.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
how is it :)

yeah i may give it a go eventhough i am very nervous about vacuum sealing wet buds and all i see you guys are managing it with great success haha
I lucky you be gifted 3 seeds from 2005. All 3 germinated, one girl, one boy and a mutant that didn't make it.

The smell is pure mango, even more so now it's been cobbed and very sweet. The cob is only 2 months old but already it is good.
A clear and euphoric high with plenty of energy. Strong, but will improve further over the coming months.

crimsonecho

Thanks for the insight mate. Always nice to have advice on a new cultivar in the garden that someone else has experience with.
youre welcome man you have a hybrid as i understood but the destroyer side of it pretty much does this to me haha

I lucky you be gifted 3 seeds from 2005. All 3 germinated, one girl, one boy and a mutant that didn't make it.

The smell is pure mango, even more so now it's been cobbed and very sweet. The cob is only 2 months old but already it is good.
A clear and euphoric high with plenty of energy. Strong, but will improve further over the coming months.
haha i won a giveaway by the vault seedbank and choose to get destroyer based on the lineage. 10 fem seeds 9 popped 1 mutant out of 8 this gal was kept. pretty amazing plant for sure.

enjoy your cob brother the high seems pretty much same with mine. my adhd friends love this one they say its better than what doctors give them haha.

Abdthi1966

youre welcome man you have a hybrid as i understood but the destroyer side of it pretty much does this to me haha

haha i won a giveaway by the vault seedbank and choose to get destroyer based on the lineage. 10 fem seeds 9 popped 1 mutant out of 8 this gal was kept. pretty amazing plant for sure.

enjoy your cob brother the high seems pretty much same with mine. my adhd friends love this one they say its better than what doctors give them haha.
True but the Jarillo parents averaged 10 weeks flowering time from my understanding so I think both of them are leaning heavily destroyer. Besides I seem to just be continually stacking white pistols every week or so. It’s getting frosty and frostier but I’m almost to that tipping point.

Tangwena

Veteran
Hombre is spot on my friend but the buds are not wet, just a little like nearly ready to put in a jar for cure.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
This is interesting. My destroyer was not musky at all...basic sweetish mj smell. My Yunnans had a slightly sweet smell during veg, but that changed a lot during flowering...to a slightly dog-poopish smell that made me say WTF? It definitely was not the rotten meat the ace site says. But once chopped, the smell changed to a nice deep sweet-sour mj smell. During flowering, the fans purpled up, but the buds remained green. I did cross my destroyer with yunnan, and a test grow of one of the resulting seeds produced a tall columnar plant with huge fans and very leafy buds...it was a multi-strain grow and the N may have been too high and caused the leafy-ness, will have to run again in the future. On your your purple pheno, were the calyxes purple? And was it crazy purple like pck?
Hey brother, I believe natural light cycle makes a huge difference in phenotypic expressions. Ace does much work in greenhouses and outdoors as I do also.

On my Purple Mexican and Peyote Purple plants yes all parts of the plants had color except for the trichomes stayed clear. There are some expressions of Baglung Nepalese that can get purple to burgundy colored trichomes on the buds. They are breath taking in beauty.

I have some beautiful colors in genetics planned for this season. I'm not sure where at the mag I will have my thread this season. I try to document everything and answer all questions.
Peace farmerlion

brickweeder

Hey brother, I believe natural light cycle makes a huge difference in phenotypic expressions. Ace does much work in greenhouses and outdoors as I do also.

On my Purple Mexican and Peyote Purple plants yes all parts of the plants had color except for the trichomes stayed clear. There are some expressions of Baglung Nepalese that can get purple to burgundy colored trichomes on the buds. They are breath taking in beauty.

I have some beautiful colors in genetics planned for this season. I'm not sure where at the mag I will have my thread this season. I try to document everything and answer all questions.
Peace farmerlion
I agree with you on the natural light cycle, unfortunately, being smack dab in the middle of a large city, there is too much light contamination from everywhere to do an outdoor grow...but I do have a bit of greenhouse envy...

Last edited: