What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maui Wowie

nycKid

Who has it!!! nycKID

Attachments

• mauiwowee11.jpg
    mauiwowee11.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 15
G

Greyskull

theres a nice maui cross up in the triangle called 'purple maui wowie' thats i used to get very regulally. awesome fruitty smell and a great buzz. great cut... some 'purple indica' crossed to the wowie. maybe the same purple male used in the grape romulan (same source anyways)

not the 'real' original wowie, but the closet i have gotten.

edit: not the best picture but here's some norcal greenhouse grown pmw
picture.php

Last edited:

Scay Beez

I'm testing out a maui that's been in mendo forever. Haven't seen it grown out perfect yet. It finishes Halloween outside.

- sbz

Scay Beez

The maui I have is a very nice sativa. Pretty easily obtainable clone in norcal. I'd guess it to be landrace. I flowered it out to november 15th outdoors (about 11-12 weeks indoor). Commercial growers in the area pull it as early as 8 weeks with a good yield. It turned purple halfway though october. Yields awesome, good mold resistance if pruned and kept bug free, large harvest window, turns really purple, and tastes like incense bubblegum musk. Soaring sativa high that is heavier to the head at moments and euphoric and soaring at other times.

I also flowered out the hawaiian purple kush until november 15th outside (about 12 weeks indoors) and HOLY SHIT! All the purple kush influence is gone about halloween (about end of 10 weeks indoors) and it turns into straight hawaiian. Tastes like a pack of rainbow nerds when gone later. Earlier is also has a musky purple taste. Soaring, very strong sativa buzz. Ridiculous yield, mold resistant, awesome taste...killer all around strain. I probably could have let it go longer cause the hairs never changed more than 50% red. It just kept going and going... great trait for a plant.

- sbz

4 Dragons

Scay Beez! Wow, it's been a long time! How ya be?

Those are some wicked sounding cuts you have. Love your description on the flavors!!!!

hilljack

the maui clone my buddy runs is straight outta norcal circa 93 or 94

up high amazing quality of high all in the head on the onset little body after

cherry a little spicy and extremely tropical in taste

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is Nirvana Maui Waui.

picture.php

picture.php

Breeder : Nirvana
Flowering Time : 9 - 11 weeks
Environment : Indoor/Outdoor
Seeds Per Pack : 10

Hawaii Maui Waui is a lanky tropical sativa, long a main attraction of the Hawaiian Islands. This strain has a citrus aroma and smooth fruity herbal flavour. The buzz from Hawaii Maui Waui is inspiring. These are old school genetics and not too overpowering like modern indoor strains tend to be. Through years of inbreeding we have captured that taste of the Valley Island.

* Plant type: Best suitable for outdoor growing.
* Plant height: Tall- Mostly Sativa
* Stoned or high?: Sativa High- Cereberal Buzz
* THC level: Moderate 5-10%
* Flowering Weeks: 9/11
* Yield (Sea of Green on one m2) : 350-450
* Harvest Month: 9/10
* Grow difficulty: Experienced

4 Dragons

I haven't had the good fortune to smoke Maui since the late 70's but I do remember that it was very potent. Think I need to get this NorCal cut!

FtWendy

HxMW is a blessing...

HxMW is a blessing...

Here's a shot of the local (midwest) Hawaiian x Maui Wowie at 7 weeks 12/12... the cut has been in our collection for nearly 5 years, in the area for at least a decade.

She is easy to clone, vigorous in veg and flower, and she has a sweet, incense-like smell when she burns (very distinct); her flavor reminds me of lime flavored wheat bread (if that makes any sense). Typically she is cut at 60 days, but could go as long as 70+; at day 60, her smoke is uplifting and positive. Grown in RW with GH nutes on a drain to waste system, we use the Lucas formula throughout veg (8ml micro, 16ml bloom per gallon) and use a simple custom formula of declining micro and increasing bloom after 2 weeks 12/12...ie: 6ml micro, 16.5ml bloom, next mixi is 4ml micro, 17ml bloom...etc, until day 35, when all N/micro is cut out of the regimen and she is only fed bloom at 18ml/gal. We supplement with 1 tsp shots of dry kool bloom per gal on days 38, 40, 44, and finally on day 48. Throughout her life pH is kept between 5.9-6.2. After day 50, we flush like mad with clearex at 12ml/gal for ten+ days until harvesting at day 60. Cool temperatures at night (68-70f) will encourage her to turn purple during the flush... GORGEOUS!

This pheno has rewarded us consistently with above average yields of sativa-like buds for over 4 years - I owe her the favor of locating a suitable mate. Cheers!

HxMWcoladay35ldscpsmall.JPG

toquer

I started my grow back in late october. I was given a 3rd generational cross of what is supposed to be Maui Wowi. However, I have no idea what it is really. I've attached a few pictures and hope that somebody can identify it.
Now the fun part, I received 21 plants from seed. 8 were male, 1 was chosen as the father and the pollen was collected. I wish I would have cloned this plant, but i can't do much about that anymore. A 2nd father was also taken because it displayed tri-lateral branching aka whorled phylotaxy. Had to take pollen from that as well, again wish i could have taken a clone and kept it alive. I've got 3 more that we cloned prior to sexing that just went into 12/12 last night and we're hoping to get a male out of that and keep the project going.
I inherited this project and have a few ideas of my own!!
The plants remained on 18/6 until preflowers developed and then nutrients were changed to promote flowering, after which the light cycle was changed to 12/12. Gender decisioning took 2 weeks but occured within 3 days for 14 that were flowered together. I didn't want to stess them during this cycle so i allowed flowering to take place naturally.
By Nov 28th the males were taken outside and the females left in their chamber.
The males were harvested a few days ago.
We are at day 47 of flowering.
How long do i take these girls?

I uploaded the pictures to my album on my profile.

There are pictures of the 2 chosen fathers for the next generation as well as current ones or the females.

album.php

FtWendy

Forgive me Toquer, but I cannot see your photos... pls try posting them again and I'll see if I can offer any input.

Offhand, I suggest purchasing a hand microscope (or jeweler's loupe) with at least 60x power magnification; typically the microscopes can be found at radioshak or other electronics stores for less than $10us. If you have access to sunlight indoors, take out your microscope on a bright sunny day to check your trichomes progress..if not, go ahead and use the light that comes on the scope...basically, you want to find a 50:50 ratio of amber to milky trichomes for perfectly matured specimens, and this will likely take 70 or more days (23 more, if you can wait!).

That said, I typically harvest a bit early at day 60, and scoping reveals milky trichs in abundance, while some amber have appeared and few clear heads remain peppered throughout. Waiting 70 days to cut is the way to go if you can wait, as it bumps up the yield a bit, contributes a touch of incense to the flavor of the smoke, and rounds off the high, balancing it somewhat. Day seventy HxMW magnifies gravity but won't kill conversation, whereas day 60 is all party and electricity. I sometimes refer to day 60 cut buds as "the caged-tiger giggle-bush"....

The versatility and variety in high offered by the HxMW is a neverending source of amazement for me. I hope you find one in your stock too, Toquer! Plan for the future...Keep your boys healthy and be sure to store a bit of extra pollen from your males in a dry container in your freezer for future backcrosses with progeny. Somewhere along the way, you'll find what you're after - just be patient.
Cheers. ftw

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
MAUI WOWIE!!!!

halfbaked.jpg

This stuff is just too much fun to smoke. I've never grown, but I would in a heartbeat. Below is a Maui Wowie x Afgooey nug. Seriously, one of my favorite goofball strains. Good luck to all of those blessed with the genetics!

Latest posts

Latest posts