What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Light causing purplish stems?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I swear I already posted this, but I guess my computer ate it or something so here goes again as well as I can remember. I have 2x Krippleberry "autoflower", 6 weeks since flip, growing in coco under ViparSpectra LED that are showing purplish petiole and stems. I don't think it is a phosphorus deficiency, and I know some berry strains exhibit the purplish stems, but my main observation is that it seems to be caused by the light. The areas that are heavily shaded, at the base of the leaf stem, are still green while the rest of each stem itself is purplish. I found a set of two leaves and the bottom leaf stem is purple except where the upper leaf stem crossed over, which is the main reason I think it is light caused. Is this a normal thing in LED growing with berry genetics? Is it maybe a phosphorus deficiency this late in flower?

B

bigganjabud

I swear I already posted this, but I guess my computer ate it or something so here goes again as well as I can remember. I have 2x Krippleberry "autoflower", 6 weeks since flip, growing in coco under ViparSpectra LED that are showing purplish petiole and stems. I don't think it is a phosphorus deficiency, and I know some berry strains exhibit the purplish stems, but my main observation is that it seems to be caused by the light. The areas that are heavily shaded, at the base of the leaf stem, are still green while the rest of each stem itself is purplish. I found a set of two leaves and the bottom leaf stem is purple except where the upper leaf stem crossed over, which is the main reason I think it is light caused. Is this a normal thing in LED growing with berry genetics? Is it maybe a phosphorus deficiency this late in flower?
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74245&pictureid=1783088&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74245&pictureid=1783087&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74245&pictureid=1783086&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Erm I'd say your fine mate just a little purple on leaf stems ain't bad and the fact that there has been a change in the temps lately aswell

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but YOUR FINE MATE DON'T PANIC

Phospo definitely show a bit more vivid than that and ya can useally tell the plants undefended anyway

From what I seen your plants look fine

I remember paying that much attention to my first grows that I even Googled that same thing

B

bigganjabud

picture.php

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Thanks for the information man! I like how you could tell it was my first grow :biggrin:I wasn't too worried, but I know enough to know you guys know way more than me, so I like to ask :) Hopefully this finishes sooner than later, I'm ready for round two.

B

bigganjabud

Thanks for the information man! I like how you could tell it was my first grow :biggrin:I wasn't too worried, but I know enough to know you guys know way more than me, so I like to ask :) Hopefully this finishes sooner than later, I'm ready for round two.

You'll get to read the plants sooner or later mate after that it's easy to sort it out

Tbh I'm only 33 I ain't exactly the worlds best grower just a plant enthusiast who loves a night mixing nutrients and changing tanks mate

That don't make me special at all

Thankyou for your kind words:huggg:

Namestae

Latest posts

Latest posts