What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rapid Ph rise

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So you just use RO water because the smoke is cleaner? Well...it could, and it probably is...but I'm not going to waste water just to remove mostly calcium and magnesium, elements that cannabis grown along for maybe millions of years and that you're going to put into the solution again as calmag or any other supplement. I drink tap water....my tap water is fine (at least its analysis) why I should not give to my plants? (rhetorical question).
I try to focus on genetics for quality and the market say the worst -good clone-grown in the worst conditions, is way better than a poor clone grown in perfect conditions...so I just do my math and share it here, you are doing yours, that's fine :)

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
So you just use RO water because the smoke is cleaner? Well...it could, and it probably is...but I'm not going to waste water just to remove mostly calcium and magnesium, elements that cannabis grown along for maybe millions of years and that you're going to put into the solution again as calmag or any other supplement. I drink tap water....my tap water is fine (at least its analysis) why I should not give to my plants? (rhetorical question).
Why waste the water? Very easy to put in a collection station and reuse the perfectly good 'waste' water. My r/o is 1:1. Yes, the smoke is much cleaner, only elements plants actually use go into the mix. I'm specific, no guessing like tap water. My plants have nothing extra to erode quality with, no additional elements they're absorbing and not using.

No, you shouldn't give tap water to your "Cannabis" plants, if you're growing them for smoking purposes. Look up Hyper accumulator and Dynamic accumulator plants, cannabis is one of these. The quality of my cannabis doesn't care what you drink. ;)

Show me a post, out of thousands, where I recommend CalMag? I told you I don't grow like most folks.

I try to focus on genetics for quality and the market say the worst -good clone-grown in the worst conditions, is way better than a poor clone grown in perfect conditions...so I just do my math and share it here, you are doing yours, that's fine :)
I'll take your genetics and grow them out, any day. You grow with a set pH and tap water? I say no contest on who wins with quality. ;) (Edit: You're supplying the math, I'm supplying information on the plant which isn't mainstream yet.)

Just do me a favor please? Let folks know you're using tap water when you talk hydro, eh? Only R/O water hydro advice really translates to all places using R/O water. Your local tap water is most likely different a mere 5 miles from you, let alone around the world.

No worries. :tiphat:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why waste the water? Very easy to put in a collection station and reuse the perfectly good 'waste' water. My r/o is 1:1.

It's not about you and your RO system here, it's about everyone…and that's not what I usually see. I see a lot of people discharging water in the drainage.

I care for the water on this planet, as you I guess. The water YOU use it's mine too. The water I use, it's yours too. Water is for everyone on this planet and people are wasting it to grow cannabis where a lot of them have wonderful tap water…the same fucking tap water companies sell all over the world in plastic bottles, saying it's the best in the world! RO users are crazy!

If you can't see this, by saying you collect the ''bad'' water and re-use it, you can't understand you're not the only one on this forum and in this planet using RO.

Yes, the smoke is much cleaner,

Much cleaner…so all of us using tap water have much harsher smoke because of tap water. Well…I tried RO grown plants and I grow mine in coco…no difference for me and for the ones tried it. And I'm not saying there is no difference at all….but or we talk about facts or we are only talk about impressions….meanwhile a lot of people is wasting water because other people says them RO = quality.

No, you shouldn't give tap water to your "Cannabis" plants, if you're growing them for smoking purposes. Look up Hyper accumulator and Dynamic accumulator plants, cannabis is one of these. The quality of my cannabis doesn't care what you drink. ;)

The quality of my cannabis is in the trichomes, which are composed of C - H - O
No mineral elements in there…as far as I know.

More complex cannabinoids profiles means a better quality. Selecting the best profiles means quality for me, not growing with or without few elements in the water because we're not talking to use well's water against RO.
Not talking about contamination in RO water by bacterias…people let them explode because BHO extractions, let see how they can contaminate RO water with bacteria, believing in the same time they have top quality super dank nuggets!

Show me a post, out of thousands, where I recommend CalMag? I told you I don't grow like most folks.

Man, sorry but that's not my point, you didn't get it. I have no interest in what you wrote or not before.

The point here is people removing Ca and Mg from water, and add it back using calmag or anything containing Ca and Mg, being a supplement or directly from straight minerals or bottled ones. That's just stupid IMHO because those element already were in it.
I know you think different, it's just OK for me, but I have my logic as you and everyone got his own. We share it in a civil manner and that's it. We have not to reach a shared point of view :)

I'll take your genetics and grow them out, any day. You grow with a set pH and tap water? I say no contest on who wins with quality. ;)

Believe what you want, really I don't care man. You sure grow better flowers than me.

Just do me a favor please? Let folks know you're using tap water when you talk hydro, eh? Only R/O water hydro advice really translates to all places using R/O water. Your local tap water is most likely different a mere 5 miles from you, let alone around the world.

My advice is pH 7 works with tap and with RO, so it's useless I say what I grow with…but it's ok, I'll do this favor to you.

Please now make me a favor, don't think the point here is you, really I don't care.

:wave:

mushroombrew

Veteran
pH is a balance between OH- and h+ ions in water.

Most hydroponic nutes contain primarily nitrate nitrogen. When plants feed on it they release OH- ions and pH raises.

The thing you might not know is the more nutes in solution the less dramatic the effect.

You are running a very weak solution. So your pH will rise very fast. I bet it can drift from 5.8 to 6.3 in a single day.

I feed even tiny seedlings up to 1000 ppm. My starting ppm is high (well water) about 200. But that is still 800ppm of "food"

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
It's not about you and your RO system here, it's about everyone…and that's not what I usually see. I see a lot of people discharging water in the drainage.
Correct, it's not about me it's about educating the mainstream growers.

I care for the water on this planet, as you I guess. The water YOU use it's mine too. The water I use, it's yours too. Water is for everyone on this planet and people are wasting it to grow cannabis where a lot of them have wonderful tap water…the same fucking tap water companies sell all over the world in plastic bottles, saying it's the best in the world! RO users are crazy!
Wasteful water use methods have nothing to do with using r/o for cannabis. I'm not talking about bottled water or any other aspect of water, only feeding cannabis using an extremely clean base solvent.

If you can't see this, by saying you collect the ''bad'' water and re-use it, you can't understand you're not the only one on this forum and in this planet using RO.
Again, wasteful water habits have nothing to do with this conversation. You're talking about people who are either uneducated or are uncaring.

Much cleaner…so all of us using tap water have much harsher smoke because of tap water. Well…I tried RO grown plants and I grow mine in coco…no difference for me and for the ones tried it. And I'm not saying there is no difference at all….but or we talk about facts or we are only talk about impressions….
Hand me three samples of cannabis, grown in the same room, same everything except the water. Double blind, unless the tap water is around 50ppm or less, I can tell tap grown and flushed, tap grown and r/o flushed from r/o grown and r/o flushed cannabis. There actually is a significant difference, especially in worse tap water areas. I've grown in a lot of different locations, with wildly different tap water supplies. Trust me, r/o is significantly easier (rock solid predictable nearly worldwide) to grow stunning cannabis with, and share hydro information on as well.

meanwhile a lot of people is wasting water because other people says them RO = quality.
Off topic. :)

The quality of my cannabis is in the trichomes, which are composed of C - H - O
No mineral elements in there…as far as I know.
Does a joint of your cannabis taste like smoking almost pure hash? Mine does, regardless of the strain. Yes, it makes a difference for smoking because there's plant under those trichomes.

More complex cannabinoids profiles means a better quality. Selecting the best profiles means quality for me, not growing with or without few elements in the water because we're not talking to use well's water against RO.
The fewer elements cannabis has in excess, or simply unwanted, the more resources it devotes toward terpene and cannabinoid production. Most tap water has unneeded elements, elements in forms not used properly by plants, elements duplicated by amendments or nutrients and, in short, a real mess for growing hyper/dynamic accumulator plants in. My terpene and cannabinoid epxressions lead people to make comments about how I grow "the most aromatic and delicious organic cannabis they've ever had."

Is it the best there is? Not hardly, just amazingly better than what you find people offering as their best. There are definitely other growers out there who've had more resources and time and grow better cannabis than I do. I look forward to picking their brains someday. :)

The point here is people removing Ca and Mg from water, and add it back using calmag or anything containing Ca and Mg, being a supplement or directly from straight minerals or bottled ones. That's just stupid IMHO because those element already were in it.
Tap water is infinitely variable, r/o is not. Tap water changes seasonally, as the input changes with precipitation, r/o does not. Unless you've analyzed your seasonal changes and grow using amendments/nutrients which do not cause excess, you're going to grow lower quality cannabis. Again, cannabis is a hyper/dynamic accumulator and not a fruit or vegetable. I urge anyone who wants to grow superior cannabis to go look up the terms and understand what it means.

I know you think different, it's just OK for me, but I have my logic as you and everyone got his own. We share it in a civil manner and that's it. We have not to reach a shared point of view :)
Yep, just helping you see there's more to the story than you've been reading. ;) No worries. :tiphat:

Save

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man…you're just talking about how good is your weed and what a sommelier you are. It's just fine, but not interesting for me. I just can't see facts, so have a nice day…or night…wherever you are :)

mushroombrew

Veteran
I grow some of the cleanest plants with well water. Hydro.
But it is composed of elements beneficial to plants. Ca, Mg, S. 200ppm total of which about 120 CO3

I would not use RO here because the base is very cannabis friendly.

Mtez44

pH is a balance between OH- and h+ ions in water.

Most hydroponic nutes contain primarily nitrate nitrogen. When plants feed on it they release OH- ions and pH raises.

The thing you might not know is the more nutes in solution the less dramatic the effect.

You are running a very weak solution. So your pH will rise very fast. I bet it can drift from 5.8 to 6.3 in a single day.

I feed even tiny seedlings up to 1000 ppm. My starting ppm is high (well water) about 200. But that is still 800ppm of "food"

Good Info, thanks Mush

Latest posts

Latest posts