What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Very slow start?

chomsky

I have not grown in soil for many years. I have been growing in coco. Due to the recent move I am not able to tend to my girls every day so I have started a new round of four girls in soil. They are off to an unbelievably slow start it's almost like they are not growing? They are in light warrior I am using rapid start and my water is ph'd at 6.2-6.3 and I am not overwatering. The room temperature and humidity are all perfect and consistent. It seems like they may be locked out for some reason. BTW I'm using a SpydrX plus LED. Right now the power is at 25% about 10 inches above (not a light or heat issue)... I have used it for a long time now it's amazing.

Any ideas?

I wood

Since you have ruled all the obvious things I can only come up a few guesses.
Bad batch of dirt, I've had fox farm ocean forest that nothing would grow in.
Something eating your tender new roots.
Overwatering even though you think you are not, done that many times myself.
To avoid overwatering seedlings I started moistening soil then packing it around at transplant and not watering at all until a few days later when roots have been established.
Good luck.

$eriously$illy

You didn't mention what kind of water. RO? Tap? Hard tap?

Another thing to consider would be root zone pH. Bio activity in the soil can change the input water pH in the root zone.

I wood

How long have they been slow?
Maybe the roots are just filling in before vegetation gets going.

chomsky

Nute burn

Nute burn

I have some pretty serious nutrient burn on some of the lower leaves. The new ones coming up are looking very healthy will that lower burn affect the overall health of the plan long-term? I'll end up cutting those away anyway.