What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First legit grow 6 Strains

Day 28.

Watered yesterday with just water. I defoliated alot of the leaves to penetrate better to lower buds, but i took too much off. Oh well you live and learn.

I got myself a 5 gal bucket, earthworm castings and kelp extract to make some tea. Decided to venture into that.

The plants imo look good. Buds slowly starting to get bigger. Theres a shit ton of bud sites on every plant. I will get pics within the next few days

Day 34 flower

At day 34. Plants arw doing great. Tons of crystals on the leaves. Buds starting to stack up nicely. Still have atleast 30 days left. Cant wait!

Day 43.

Plants are doing well still. No more mildew since i sprayed them and got a bigger fan. Still wishi didnt take so many leaves off, i feel like thats hindering buds getting swollen. But maybe within the next few weeks.

I have been feeding big bloom and tiger bloom only now for the last week and a half. I now rotate with nutes and compost tea every other watering.

Next run i think i will do alot better than this time as my temps, humidity and airflow is 100% better than when i started. Cant wait.

Now onto the pics

Day 46.

Nothing new to report. Fed them most likely their last nutes for this run. I already have 6 other strains of clones ready to be grown next run. Cant wait for this one to ve done.

Got some mildew back on 1 plant ugh.

Day 49.

Nothing new to report. The hawaiin punch and white widow has tons of buds swelling up. I didnt cut nearly as many leaves off them and it shows how much better and bigger the buds are.

Im gonna say 12-15 days left.

Day 53.

Gave them water yesterday. A few are filling out more and more each day. Gonna give them their last watering on wed and then just let them soak up the pot. Also gonna leave the lights off for 3 days. See how that works.

Honestly cant wait for these ones to be done since i got some mildew on 1. I just wanna clean everything and move these 5 clones i have for next run.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Read whole thread, plants look great congrats! Can I ask about the lights off for 3 days things? I've seen a couple people mention that, but it's not anything I have ever heard of.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Read whole thread, plants look great congrats! Can I ask about the lights off for 3 days things? I've seen a couple people mention that, but it's not anything I have ever heard of.

medman did a detailed thread on this technique along with a few others of hs "secrets" its highly readble and entertaining at the least but i cant seem to find the damn thread

Floridian

Veteran
Boyd it's just something that's been floating around the erb websites for over a decade,I bought into it long ago and did my own experimenting with this process.It's supposed to increase trichome production if you believe how this magically happens lol.It didn't do anything but turn the fans more yellow,I definitely didn't like the look of the plants when I harvested them as opposed to if they had gone those extra 3 days in a normal photoperiod.Thats my advice if I can give any on the subject,when you think the plants are ready to be harvested let them grow another 3 days IMO there's no way you'll be disappointed.I think a more important question at this stage is do you want to harvest them with totally dry soil or the day after you hydrate them?I've always opted for a slower drying and curing period,harvest them dry and they will dry faster,harvest them hydrated and they will take longer to dry out.The only other thing I would add is if you opt for a slower drying period you should have good control over your humidity levels to avoid any mold problems during the drying stage.Everyone has a different recipe lol,I like 50% rh the first 48 hours 45% for 24 hours and 40% the rest of the time.Whatever you choose the object for me is to avoid mold issues of course and a longer drying/curing time.48 hours dark is nonsense I have found,but I bet many others differ on the subject,thats why you just have to do it for yourself,there's no substitute or internet information that's more effective than eyes on experience

Day 54.

Didnt need to water them today. I will water up until harvest. I dont want them to be already dry. I may go over 60 days i may not. I really need to check with my scope around day 58 or 60. I know the mosca firefly thats in the 3 gal says 8-9 weeks. But like i said ill check all trichomes through my scope.

Day 55.

I cut down one of the gorilla glue and its hanging. Didnt really look in a scope to see if it was done. I looked at the 2nd one i have after i cut it and its not done. But thats ok, ill have 2 different strains that were picked at diff times.

Sunday is 59 days which is almost 8.5 weeks so i will recheck then. Most of these strains say 8-9 weeks

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Boyd it's just something that's been floating around the erb websites for over a decade,I bought into it long ago and did my own experimenting with this process.It's supposed to increase trichome production if you believe how this magically happens lol.It didn't do anything but turn the fans more yellow,I definitely didn't like the look of the plants when I harvested them as opposed to if they had gone those extra 3 days in a normal photoperiod.Thats my advice if I can give any on the subject,when you think the plants are ready to be harvested let them grow another 3 days IMO there's no way you'll be disappointed.I think a more important question at this stage is do you want to harvest them with totally dry soil or the day after you hydrate them?I've always opted for a slower drying and curing period,harvest them dry and they will dry faster,harvest them hydrated and they will take longer to dry out.The only other thing I would add is if you opt for a slower drying period you should have good control over your humidity levels to avoid any mold problems during the drying stage.Everyone has a different recipe lol,I like 50% rh the first 48 hours 45% for 24 hours and 40% the rest of the time.Whatever you choose the object for me is to avoid mold issues of course and a longer drying/curing time.48 hours dark is nonsense I have found,but I bet many others differ on the subject,thats why you just have to do it for yourself,there's no substitute or internet information that's more effective than eyes on experience

bro, i tried it myself and your a no good filthy pos lying ass muther...
jk. that shits bunk, had the same shit happen on my end as well lol
after 4 days of this experiment, i flipped and it created another week of recovery from the yellowed out new growth and light strain
pure hocuspocus .medman also suggested to twist stems till you hear/feel it pop to stregthen them and its fun to fuck with , its also a great way to create long serations that can create problems that dont heal themselves into large knots, just long ass holes
medman has some good advice on cloning for profit, but his light and stress theories didnt work out for me

Hey COCO - aint mean to jack your thread - congrats on your harvest bro!
glad you made it .
what was your lighting for this diary again?