What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Selassie's Selections

Northern Lights 5 x Destroyer aka The Light

Hands down, one of my favorite new genetic lines. I was hoping to make a sativa dominant hybrid that rivals the best SSH or Amnesia Haze phenos, and I think this line is going to get me there. Chemotypes range from sweet cherry slurpee and bubblegum, to grape sweet tarts and vomit, sandalwood, floral incense; while others could easily be mistaken for Amnesia Haze or Durban Poison. There is something really special in the works from this cross, I'm so excited to refine this line for an eventual release.

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

Every bud in this shot is a different pheno. I've never encountered such uniformity in an F1 generation, to which I credit the NL5, it's truly impressive breeding material
IMG_0451.jpg

mellowfellow

Tomoka Smoka
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The nl5 x destroyer looks just like the silver haze I used to get here in Florida back in late '90s early 2000's. It was a local favorite, that and what was simply called kush.
Thanks for sharing the pics!
Stay Frosty

Very nice mate. So did you found Juniper or Berry phenos in your NL5 x NL2 pack?

There were basically two expressions. The female I kept was along the fermented berries and juniper berries line, the other pheno I lost in a mishap, was the onion/garlic funk side of the program. I preferred the berries side because it's closer in expression to the NL5 I run, but I kept 3 males to look further into the line with F2 generation and also NL5x(5x2)

The nl5 x destroyer looks just like the silver haze I used to get here in Florida back in late '90s early 2000's. It was a local favorite, that and what was simply called kush.
Thanks for sharing the pics!
Stay Frosty
That's awesome! Many growers have made similar remarks, that it reminds them of good Haze from 93-01, I'm very pleased with these initial results.

St. Phatty

Northern Lights 5 x Destroyer aka The Light

Hands down, one of my favorite new genetic lines. I was hoping to make a sativa dominant hybrid that rivals the best SSH or Amnesia Haze phenos, and I think this line is going to get me there. Chemotypes range from sweet cherry slurpee and bubblegum, to grape sweet tarts and vomit, sandalwood, floral incense; while others could easily be mistaken for Amnesia Haze or Durban Poison.

what kind of vomit ? :woohoo:

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Weird thing is I'm after vomit terps since I've tried some unknow dutch strains years ago who had a kind of sweet pungent vomit smell to them. Good to know the light may be a great choice to start with.

Please post us some of the NL blvd pics, saw some on Insta and they looks lovely :)

Weird thing is I'm after vomit terps since I've tried some unknow dutch strains years ago who had a kind of sweet pungent vomit smell to them. Good to know the light may be a great choice to start with.

Please post us some of the NL blvd pics, saw some on Insta and they looks lovely :)
This F1 seems to have every chemotype we associate with NL5Haze hybrids: from Amnesia to effervescent Sprite/7up to sour candy to cat piss/ammonia to incense and sandalwood. It's pretty damn impressive!

All the BLVD pics going up on the Lighthouse page are being run and shown by my partner, I'll see if I can get him to post some of that stuff up here

Reason

Looking great! Can’t wait to see the available. This resurgence of old school building blocks is long overdue. It’s about time people begin realizing just how special these cultivars were/are. Keep up the great work! Much love, bruddah.

Looking great! Can’t wait to see the available. This resurgence of old school building blocks is long overdue. It’s about time people begin realizing just how special these cultivars were/are. Keep up the great work! Much love, bruddah.
Thank you! We’re planning to release a few hybrids this year, pending further testing. We’ve seen good things so far, so we’ve moved forward with some ideas and they’re testing now. If these express how we expect, we will see who wants to run distribution for us and drop a few crosses by summertime.

nickman

Veteran
Sounds awesome. Those northern light crosses sound stunning. I’d love to try something like that.

Latest posts

Latest posts