What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Rodehazrd

Hey Poprocks,
when you say you may have setback miss malawi in the feeding did you mean you had overfed or skipped her?
And by the way the bangi healed up just fine she never even got droopy. I just gave her a drench of kool bloom and a little cano3 and she's very spry looking.

So what is the preferred method of dealing with spider mites? I used neem a couple of times and it helps but some pheno's seem to be more prone to them. They don't seem to like the oaxacan but I put a couple bangi clones in there to flower and they are covered. I really want to run a full room of bangi this winter and I gotta clean up my act a little bit.

:tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fellas, hope everyone had a great weekend!
havent heard from a few of you guys in a while and i hope your summers are kicking ass
my buddy sent me the latest pics and the plants are all looking pretty good
we had to trim off a couple more brown clusters here and there, but the tops are all looking ok
the smell is just getting better and all of the plants are doing their thing

T1/T2

picture.php

View image in gallery

they are both looking nice and really finishing up fast; some plants can take a while to ripen but these girls look like they getting right down to buisness
i will also post a pic of the break, she is nicely healed and dosent seem to bother the plant one bit, (the important part was to not trap moisture in the wound or open a door for pests)

this is the bhodi

the malawi,(i recently checked the seed pack and its actually malawi x orange earth); sorry for any confusion

and finally the peyote purple
this one keeps impressing with her vigor and is just about as big as the other girls
i will definitely be running her again

we are heading into the last week of august and i think the bhodi/ tahoe ogs are about another four or five weeks till they ready to come down
overall, all the girls are looking great and you can see how happy my friend is when he shows them off to us every week

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening rode,
hope things are drying out for you and im glad the break in your stem has healed up nicely
the malawi looks like its going to take a couple weeks longer to finish than the rest of the plants so we set her back a couple weeks in the feeding schedule
we just fed her water and dr earth this week and last, then she goes back on the bloom nutrients
/kind of like skipping a week or just dragging things out because of her schedule

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! It was hot, humid and stormy here this weekend, not the best weather for outdoor activities but ok for catching up on some rest and doing work in the indoor garden.

@pop_rocks. Your buddy has a lot to be proud of brother, the plants look great! I really like the way they look in the natural light. They look like they are throwing out some serious flowers at this point. You guys are going to have a huge stash of bud in a month or so it looks like. Keep up the great work.

That's great that your friend (or his wife) fosters cats. I might try that with dogs. The only thing that worries me is that it might be hard to give up a dog after a few weeks or months of getting attached to it. I will have to see what I can do, but I want to do something to help.

How was the football watching? I've only seen about 1/2 of a preseason packer game this year, but I'm sure I'll be ready in a couple weeks when the season kicks off for real. Did your friends make anything interisting to eat on Saturday? I got some great BBQ off of a food truck and made some really good tenderloin steaks this weekend. A lot of times tenderloin can be kind of bland but these had great marbling and flavor. I got a bunch of fresh herbs from my moms garden and made some garlic/herb butter for them that was tasty. Glad your weekend was a good one.

@Rodehazrd. I don't have any experience with spider mites but I've heard they they can be a real problem indoors. From what I've read they can be very hard to completely wipe out and some are resistant to neem and azamax and stuff like that. There is a good thread in the infirmary about them but I think it's more about dealing with them indoors. Good luck and let us know what you find and how well it works at dealing with them.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thanks fiddy, im happy with the way they look and smell
of course there were some things we will do differently next year, but we are both having fun in the garden
my buddy even said he might toke up over the holidays
we had the usual snacks, nachos and stuff and they had pork chops for dinner with roasted potatoes and kale salads
it was fun and im excited for the regular season to begin
herb butter is great over steaks! it gives you a nice rich taste that goes really well with meat
so what are your plans for the labor day weekend?

for mites i like to use soaps and orange oils, plus some neem
you can also use peppermint oils or other essential oils as well but those two seem to be the easiest to source
(mix a bunch of soap in water then add the essential oils and neem)
the thing to controlling an outbreak outdoors is to reapply the solution frequently
if you can, apply it early in the day before the sun gets on them too
good luck,man

Fiddynut

Good afternoon pop_rocks.

Having fun in the garden is what it's all about brother. I'm taking the outdoor grow a lot less seriously than my indoor set up, but I try to have fun with both grows. The time invested and cost of the indoor makes me take it a bit more seriously and I've got much higher expectations for the indoor as well.

Are you guys doing anything to keep bugs off of the plants at your buddies? I've been seeing some little bugs and holes in the leaves where they are being eaten a bit at my friends outdoor patch. She has been using these little pelliets with wintergreen and other oils in it, it's worked well for the deer and rabbits and stuff but isn't keeping them bug free, which I'm not sure is possable for a pesticide free outdoor grow. I did notice a few first flower clusters last week when I was out there to give them a feeding last week.

That's great your buddy is getting interisted in sampling some of the plants he is growing. I hope he has a good experience and enjoys it. Nachos are a great game day snack. You can do anything from very basic to fully loaded deluxe and it's still pretty easy to put together and so good! Pork chops are another favorite of mine, I can get a huge pack for a few bucks and I make stir fry and pork tacos with the leftovers.

For this weekend I've got a little gathering to go to on Saturday and may camp untill Sunday. It's the "gathering of heads" and should be a bunch of hippie deadheads hanging out, talking, listening to music and what not. I've not been to this gathered before but I've heard good things about it. There will be a few bands playing GD music and a bunch of like minded people. I hope the weather is good. Did you take an extra day off for the Holliday? What are you guys up to over the weekend?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fiddy
i ended up taking yesterday off work,it looks like i have things to do the rest of the week and next week
the mrs is still taking friday off and we are thinking of having some friends over on saturday for some food and fun
other than that this weekend is going to be really chill, with nothing planned and all day to do it; those are some of my favorite weekends! (im not a fan of too much "busy living")
that sounds like a fun thing you have going on man, is it like a concert or a festival?
camping out sounds like fun too, how does the mrs feel about staying the night?
the seasons are changing and im not the only one who felt the touch of fall in the air this past weekend
i had a great summer but im kind of looking forward to the cooler temps
yeah a few bug bites is to be expected as long as you dont have any infestations or serious munching going on
/deer can do major damage to a plant in no time
so far we havent really had to do any real pest controll
we sprayed them with some bt a while back when i found the moth larvae on them but other than that not too much as far as bugs go
outdoors there are natural predators working with you too and so far we arent having many major problems
cant wait for this week to wrap up, im ready for fall weather and all the great things this time of year brings

Rodehazrd

Hello Folks
Yeah Poprocks outdoor you can't be pest free but I've had very low bug pressure on my Bangi outdoor. Some leaf hoppers and travelers taking bites and moving on but no serious damage. Deer haven't been around either although we have been seeing a painter cat around here. He's bigger than any dog, taller and longer anyway. I don't know if its a young male or an escapee from someone's exotic stock. I hope he stays around really so he can knock down the deer and coyote some. I read they range about 60 miles but this guy has been seen twice in the same area. I guess he has a deer down and is stashing it in the holler.
I got my first load of horse compost today it looks and smells nice. All high test race horse doo. I plan to topdress the 65 gal shorty with it tomorrow and let the coming storms water it in. I picked up a couple bales of peat too,I'm kicking all the used media outdoors and starting over with all new just in case the bugs are in there and to be more sure of where I'm at with the nutes. I'm having some purple stems I never had before and a reboot is the easy out.

I did the neem on the indoor plants with spider mites and it knocked them down a lot. The LBL 2 has it bad but LBL 4 not so much. Goji and Oaxacan none at all. They love Bangi. I can't spray anymore now as some will come down in a couple weeks but I plan to move the Oaxacan out and soak them down since they just started to flower. I intend to get the Hotshot nopest striip in there soon too. I kept one in there for a few years and never had any issue but I stopped using them last winter.
Fiddy glad you got some time off to rest yourself a bit. Hope you enjoy

Fiddynut

Good afternoon friends.

I hope everyone is having a good week! After a few days of hot, muggy and stormy weather we woke up to temps in the upper 60's this morning and now the sun is shining bright. It was so nice to open up the windows and shut off the AC. I don't want summer to be over yet but I'm looking forward to the cooler nights that September always brings here.

@pop_rocks.
I like taking some Monday's off too. Did you do anything interisting or just chill? I can go either way on my mondays off, productive or restful. I am a huge fan of chill weekends too brother, most weekends end up having some of that "busy living" feeling to them so I take any opportunity to chill when I can. I hope your schedule stays relaxed and you have a great get together on Saturday.
I think the gathering is a small camping festival but like really small scale. I'm guessing a few hundred people at most and maybe a lot less. There is live music and, since it's a deadhead thing probably a lot of drum circles around the camp fire. I don't know if I'm going to camp but I'm sure the wife won't. I only camped with her once when we were young and in collage. She isn't a fan! I'm treating it as a Saturday night event with the option to stay the night if I'm not able to drive home safely. If there is anything interisting going on I'll get some pics. I'm hoping there is people vending shirts and the usual "shakedown street" stuff, I'd like to barter for a few things with my ganja. The wife works Saturday so she won't be going. But the plan is for us to go up to the cabin together the following weekend so we will get some good R&R up there, kind of a date weekend.
We are getting a little taste of fall temps here the low tonight is supposed to be in the mid50's. I can't wait to let all that cool air sink down to the jungle tonight. I'm sure we will have plenty of hot days still to come too.
I'm going to get a look at the outdoor today or tomorrow. I think they are doing ok just wondering if there is more I should be doing to prevent bugs from doing any damage, but I think a little insect pressure is unavoidable. I'll try to get some pics this time.

@Rodehazrd.
That must be cool to see a big cat in the wild. We have a few here but I've never seen one. There is even one that was roaming around the suburbs last couple years a few people got some pics on their trail cams.
I'm glad the neem is working on the mites. After reading about them in the thread I've been hoping that I never have to deal with them. Good call on getting rid of your old used media and starting fresh. Like killing two birds, you get rid of pests and reset your nutrient contents. I've heard good things about the hotshot strips, are those the ones that you arnt supposed to use inside an area where you spend a lot of time.

Rodehazrd

@Fiddy
Yeah thats the hot shot strip. You're not supposed to use in a room you stay in but I only spend a few min. a day in there and the air turns over about every 4 min. I used them for years and don't know why I stopped. Its bad stuff in high doses but I think its low risk in that situation. I think I read about using them in a Bob Rosenthal book. Same place I got the design for my double tubs.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
it never hurts to start with fresh medium, rode
outdoors it isnt as big a deal because the seasons kind of reset things for you, but inside pests can live forever in our perfect shangrilas'
that big cat is your best friend,bud; just having it around will scare the hell out of most rabbits and small vermin
/had to look up painter cat, we have cougars and mountain lions out here in san diego
dont you plant on a hill side? i think there is something about growing on a slope that discourages large plant predators; they would browse the patches in the valleys but leave the plants growing on hillsides alone

that sounds like fun fiddy!
100 people is a lot of people in small setting and sometimes its not the size of the crowd that makes for a great event
are you going to the festival with your brother? thats always a good option to be able to sleep over when you party too much, no matter where you are at
yeah man, take some pics if you can, even if they are just shitty crowd shots or of hippies sitting in a drum circle
that would be rad if you could trade! i used to help folks out all the time by bartering weed for things i liked
i bet your stuff is better than the stuff going around
thats great that you and the mrs have a date night planned at the cabin
that sounds like so much fun and a great way to roll into the fall season, i hope you and the mrs have a great time
yeah man, try and get some pics of the outdoor you have going at your friends house
they looked really nice in the last pics and should be about ready to start setting flowers soon, if they havent already (not sure how late your seasons go that far north)
monday was a total "me: day where i just chilled out for the most part, caught up on some projects and stuff like that;also got into the vodka and blazed a ton
tomorrow is the last day of the nfl preseason and the real football starts next week!
this year is flying by and i hope everyone is making the most of their summer!

Rodehazrd

Hey Pop thats the same cat we call it painter as thats what I grew up with. Actually I only heard stories as a kid never saw one or met anyone who had before this one. French for mountain lion is pantere or some such and it got butchered as usual. I'm glad they are making a comeback even if it is a little scary.
I don't think the deer care if its valley or hill they came straight up the ridge once on me and stomped through a patch of headband and ate a blue dream in the back to a nub

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
got it, makes sence as there are only so many big cats here in n.america
ive never seen one in the wild either, but they are out there and i hope their population continues to grow
you are probably right about deer grazing on any slope and it was just dumb luck that they dident hit up that one patch
/that was the year i started peeing in the garden and spreading dog hair all around

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
*correcting a mistake i made in the last set of pics i posted from the yard',(the picture of rachael_p (the peyote critical) was the one from the previous week)

this is the latest picture of the peyote critical,taken last friday

#derrr

Fiddynut

Good afternoon friends.

@Rodehazrd. Yep, I've heard great things about the strips. I remember reading about them in the thread "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cured" when I was new here and learning about bugs and desieses that can hurt our plants. They are good at preventing the infestation in the first place. I wish they were an option for my set up but not to be.

@pop_rocks. I'm hoping that the gathering is a good time and I can network and meet some cool new friends. It's the 29th annual gathering so it will be interisting to see how many people go every year and it might have to go on my permanent yearly schedule if it's a good time. My bro is planning on going too. He is even less of a camper than I am so we will probably just hang out untill we feel like heading home, but it's nice to have the option to just kick the car seats back and rest for a few hours if we need to.
Yes I'm hoping to barter with some people at the gathering. I was at a concert a few weeks ago and was puffing with some people during the break between sets of one of the bands that is playing on sat and I gave someone a chunk of my buds and they gave me a chunk of theirs. I didn't realize it until later when I had a closer look but the bud they gave me was defenatley home grown and fresh. I could tell by the trim and quality that it was local, but by the time I realized it they were gone and I wasn't able to ask them about it. I'm hoping to meet them again and talk a bit and maybe exchange some ganja. I'd also like to pick up a couple tie dies and some stickers and stuff.
Yes for sure it can be really fall like up at the cabin even in the first couple weeks of September. I'm hoping for summer temps so we can swim and booze cruise around on the lake. I have to hurry up and make sure I'm done with the harvest and everything is in jars by the time we head up next Friday after work.
I'll get some pics of the outdoor this week but your Rachel is looking great. She is stacking up nice brother! I spotted a few flower clusters last week so I'm interested in how much they have changed in the few days since.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
hey man, ive spent a few night sleeping in the back of the truck (actually an suv), because i had a little too much and dident want to drive home
/i used to keep a fresh work shirt in the back of the car for nights like that;noone will notice of you wear the same pants and shoes to work as long as your shirt is fresh
but be safe and have fun; it sounds like my kind of scene, brother
hopefully you will run into that person who you traded with before
i bet they were saying the same thing you did about how the weed was fresh and locally grown
i hope you and the mrs have a blast at the cabin man
go the extra mile and do something extra nice man, you two have been through a lot this year and i hope you guys really enjoy your time together
yeah im totally happy with the way the peyote critical is doing
/ remember i gave my friend a bunch of seeds i won and he had no luck sprouting them,this was a plant that i was about to write off
im going to run this strain indoors and see what shes all about but being a feminized strain im thinking they are going to be pretty homogenious
so just one more day to go and then we got this week
i cant wait for the long weekend and i hope all you bunnies are having a great summer

Fiddynut

Good afternoon pop_rocks.

It's been a while since I had to sleep in the car but it's happened a few times. Way safer than driving. As we've talked about before I believe that I'm safer on the road than most people, even when I've got a little buzz going, but the laws these days are no tolerance for that and it can be a lot of trouble. The people out killing others on the road arnt the ones with a little buzz, but they keep lowering the threshold for DWI. We will take it easy and it's nice to have the option to stay.
You have a great point that a fresh shirt is everything. As long as you keep the pants clean you can get away with going a couple days LOL. I must admit that don't often notice what others are wearing and my coworkers could probably wear the same cloths all week and I wouldn't even notice.
I'm hoping that the dude I traded buds with was thinking what I was thinking and that he will be interisted in more trading and maybe talking about growing, if he is the one who grew it, or maybe a close friend of his. If we hit it off maybe we could even trade clones or something. Either way it would be nice to talk and maybe learn some from each other. The weather looks like there is about a 50/50 chance for storms. I hope that it stays dry because it's a camping event the rain would really deter some people.
I remember you saying that the peyote critical had a hard start but I didn't know it was from the early germination attempts. I do remember them there were a couple failures when your buddy was trying to pop the seeds. I didn't think that any plants made it from those attempts. That makes that girl that much more special, she is a survivor. I just let on of the 4 gorilla bubble seedlings go that wasn't doing well from the start. She only had two sets of ugly leaves and the 3 others have like 6 sets. I just felt like there wasn't room in the jungle for a week plant, but if I had space outdoor than I'd have kept her around.

packerfan79

Veteran
What's up jungle mates,

Pop rocks the girls are looking nice. Gonna be time for a staking tutorial for your buddy soon.

Fiddynuts, sounds like you have a great weekend planned. I am sick so my long weekend will be spent in bed. Gotta love the little grimey ones and all the wonderful germs they bring home from school.

Here's to a labor free labor day.

Rodehazrd

Hello Jungle Tribe,
The slow germ rate story prompts me to tell one on myself.

6 weeks ago I put down my A Gold seeds from Bodhi. I put them in my starter mix directly soaked it down and put a humidity dome on there. I sat it on the deck and went to check on something else. Well three hours later I finally returned. The sky had cleared and sun came on strong. The black trays were too hot to touch. I was sure they were all ruined. 12 AG and 10 Longbottom Leaf crosses. I put it inside anyway and sure as shit nothing came up. 3 weeks later I saw a AG sprout then 3 more came up. Now have one about 8 inches one 6 a 4 and one holding at 3. LBL was a blank. Surly they are damn hardy and I'm hoping for a girl of course the best vigor is usually a male. I hope to have some of that by spring. My plan is to ring the room with Mexisats. and keep the center for faster skunk by Longbottom and whatever else I can get going. A SOG with a hedge around it, I accidentally crossed the Goji with lbl, elfinstone and made some f2 goji. But I keep craving the Pineapple chunk one of the kids brought from the city, it was chunky for sure and quite tasty. I think it would make a nice late evening smoke as like most of the strong flavor indicas it makes me tired after a hour or so.

Here's a shot of my bangi 4 in the tub. She's a good foot taller then the ones in the shorty 65 and her stem is twice as big around. She split down the middle in a storm but healed up nice.
now she's filling in some in her 3rd week of flower.

Attachments

• IMG_2500.jpg
    IMG_2500.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 10

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
no one want rain to ruin your festival, f'nut; especially if its being held outside
im sure he could tell something was secial about your smoke, fresh weed is very different than the stuff most people can get
that would be cool if you do run into that cat again and end up making a new friend
try get a few pics of all the coolness too bruh, it would be fun to share in your adventure and its been so long since ive been to something like this
hope you are wrapping your week up nicely brother and ready to enjoy one of the last weekends of summer
yeah, thats the ones where i gave him a bunch of seeds and most of them dident make it
rachael_P is the only plant to survive and shes looking great so you know im going to start some new plants over the off season so i will have a nice cut or two to put outside next year
we got some nice pics, so i will check my email and post them up as soon as i can

thats the spirit,p'fan! labor day is to celibrate the working man and all he puts in the other 364 days of the year
glad to see you back around my man
hope you and the fam are all doing well

she looks like a beast there rode
both look nice and like the flowers are really starting to set in; what smells are you catching from the big gals?
about how many more weeks do you see them going, it looks like she hasnt even started to swell yet!
when are you going to fire up your lights indoors?

im so glad this is a long weekend and i hope all you guys have a fun and safe labor day

Latest posts

Latest posts