What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

best way to get rid of spider mites

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
The aza is in/attached-to the tissue of the plant. Again, those studies you're clutching so fiercely are flawed, as far as cannabis is concerned.

Seriously, this is a bigger issue than you're aware of. There are a few people who are extremely allergic, where the symptoms are readily apparent (Yes, I am indeed one of them). There's also a rather large percentage of people who are mildly allergic. These people have issues which they do not attribute to the aza. This costs them health and time and, usually, pain meds or other prescriptions they shouldn't need. All the while having zero clue where the issue is originating from.

Asbestos used to be recommended by the top brains in the world, for decades. Oregon saying neem is "ok" doesn't impress me one bit, and it shouldn't impress you either. At the end of the day, I've done thorough testing and I'm extremely sensitive to aza. I'd rather believe someone who can actually tell there's aza around, than some researcher in a lab who's *not* working with cannabis and *not* sensitive to it. Azadirachtin is shit for cannabis.

Last edited:

OregonBorn

It is easier to ignore him. No one makes Dougie more a fool than himself. Pestering him will just get you added to his lengthy Ignore list.

Thanks for the tip. I thought about spraying him with Neem, but short of that I added him to my ignore list.

B

bigganjabud

Burn everything and start.........

Nah only joking get a hoover at em, neem, nice Nice spider mite and a couple hundred lady bugs

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
The EPA has determined that no unreasonable adverse effects on the US population and the environment will result from the use of the active ingredients of cold pressed Neem. You can read about it yourself here

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&ved=0ahUKEwi8m9nCnarUAhWisVQKHTN3ChEQFghRMAk&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww3.epa.gov%2Fpesticides%2Fchem_search%2Freg_actions%2Fregistration%2Fdecision_PC-025006_07-May-12.pdf&usg=AFQjCNHzxKLcT_AOKwHlfjA_mREYpeloWw&cad=rja
You realize that none of these studies covered ingestion/inhalation of larger amounts of heated neem oil. Just pointing it out.

Seems to be a lot of "Oh, this is the way it is... see this study?" When detailed analysis of the study shows nothing which tests the inhalation/ingestion of heated aza, especially not in the amounts found inside contaminated cannabis.

Most fruit and veggies are not hyper/dynamic accumulators like cannabis, therefore the studies apply. Aza on surfaces breaks down quite quickly. Cannabis is not in that category.

A little clarification of the facts goes a long way toward properly understanding supplied information. :tiphat:

From what I hear, avid is the only sure fire way to go.
Neem, pyrethin, hot pepper sprays all don't touch em

Pytherin will kill them just fine. Spray plants then rinse off. Do this every 2 or 3 days you wont have shit in 2 weeks. The pytherin kills the mites washing them rinses off the eggs. I found this super effective. Small clones are best you can wash em in the sink and if in plugs wont drop any substrates and is easy to handle.

Avid is a USA product only i believe? Its also super toxic if i recal and not needed when pytherin worls fine. Ive had loads of people say it wont work, it does. Theres other inceticidal shit that works without being higjly toxic or systemic

Green Cleaner.. It's mostly Soybean Oil and Soap with a hint of Isopropyl and Citric Acid.. By far the safest thing to be spraying on your plants to treat them.. It kills the mites and their eggs. I had a terrible on/off problem with em for 6+ months and tried several things (Azamax, Neem, Pytherins) they always came back eventually, not to mention the harm done to the plants from these chemicals and possibly yourself if their residuals are left behind, but 2 Treatments of the Green Cleaner and they've been gone ever since and there's nothing nasty to possibly get left behind. Best shit ever.

-Life

Ncali

Veteran
Any good results with predatory mites? In the past neem, neem, neem. But trying the predatory route in this infestation, so far they look pretty gone. I'll be applying for the next few weeks and hope these initial results keep up.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
i used floramite
once
maybe a year ago
not a spider mite since

however
i just realized i now have russet mites

way way worse
ive ordered up azamax, avid and forbid for this endeavour
wish me luck

St. Phatty

Safer's Soap Dip Tanks - not the kind you spray on, the time you dip the entire plant into - works good.

Because of the spider mite egg cycle, you have to dip every 3 days (or 2 days).

And of course, spray down EVERYTHING (walls etc.), move misc. crap that might be stored to another room (not a grow room).

Also to make the dip tank work I make a little round cardboard circle thing to cover the top of the soil when plants are dunked (or it all falls out in the dip tank.)

Ribsauce

Make a damn spray from fresh lavender flowers... it kills the eggs,larva, and adults... Jay kush has a recipe to make it on here... it's in the organics for mites thread... it's so easy and works better than anything else I've ever used other than heat treatments and I've used everything trust me... I'll post the link

Ribsauce

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=192286

There's the thread and below is the quote fron Jay kush... I know no one will use it even though it's way more effacious than shit that costs 100 a quart but I'll post it again haha... THANK YOU JAY KUSH AND CLACKAMAS COOT for helping me fiND this technique like 7 years ago haha

not sure on the lavender oil, i have only used plant material. from memory that stuff is pretty expensive though. lavender is a good plant to have around, for growing purposes like this, and for using.

simply take some lavender sprigs( sticks with flower buds on them) and strip the flower buds off. take a 1 liter bottle, add a 1/4 cup or so of lavender flower buds. let soak for 48 hours, then strain the plant material out well. dilute 1:50 and spray your plants lightly on infected areas, make sure to get under the leaves. repeat in 5 days. so far everyone i have told it to and has tried it has had success in killing mites, coot said even the eggs die which is pretty cool.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
fok yeah I'm going in my room and throwing a few handfuls into the fan. Don't know if it will kill mites but I will have fun trying it.:dance013:
is there anything cocaine cant make better?
lol
jk
no pest strips/dichlorvos knocked my HRM down in three days
BRUTALLY EFFECTIVE in small grows

OregonBorn

One word...Cocaine...spider mites hate cocaine

Not exactly cheap though.

THE cheapest spider mite spray is sugar and hydrogen peroxide. 1/4 cup of each in a quart of water and some insecticidal soap as a spreader-sticker. Kills mites dead. I am now using this rotated with 70% refined neem at a rate of 100:1 (raw neem is tough to blend and spray). They both also work on PM. You can also spray the sugary peroxide right up to harvest time.