Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cooking With Cannabis > My best cannabutter recipe - enjoy!

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Barney's Farm
My best cannabutter recipe - enjoy! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-04-2015, 06:01 PM #21
iam_2high

iam_2high will become famous soon enoughiam_2high will become famous soon enoughiam_2high will become famous soon enough
I might hafta try this,sounds good
iam_2high is offline Quote

Old 06-04-2015, 11:29 PM #22
Twitch6123

Twitch6123 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch6123 View Post
what an easy way to make cannabutter! Now testing it out waiting for my 7g bang kick in to test out its potency. Edibles have never done anything for me besides that one time in college when my roommate made some brownies which made me trip. Lol

Anyways, waiting for it to kick in and will report back.

Btw I used 120g of leaves and sugar trim that I made dry ice hash from with 212g of ghee.
7g drink of bhang had a slight effect on me, I felt it kick in after I decided to smoke a bowl. Was really hoping I wouldn't have to smoke to measure the effects alone but nevertheless it helped.

I'll admit I was a bit worried what 7g would do to me, tonite I'm going to try 14g which seems to be slightly over 1tblsp.
Twitch6123 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:55 AM #23
Loc Dog

Loc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud ofLoc Dog has much to be proud of
I have never made it before, and tried last night. Nothing ever formed on surface, using sugar leaf from strong weed. Any suggestions?
Loc Dog is offline Quote

Old 08-28-2015, 09:20 PM #24
BigJohnny

BigJohnny is a jewel in the roughBigJohnny is a jewel in the roughBigJohnny is a jewel in the roughBigJohnny is a jewel in the roughBigJohnny is a jewel in the roughBigJohnny is a jewel in the roughBigJohnny is a jewel in the roughBigJohnny is a jewel in the rough
I'm soaking some incredible shake right now, and I'm curious, do you filter the waste water before you dump it?

I'm noticing what seems to be a LOT of kief settling at the bottom of the waste water so I'm filtering that out and going to keep it in the mix until I make the butter, then it can settle out once the THC has been absorbed into the butter.
BigJohnny is offline Quote

Old 08-28-2015, 09:56 PM #25
BigJohnny

BigJohnny is a jewel in the roughBigJohnny is a jewel in the roughBigJohnny is a jewel in the roughBigJohnny is a jewel in the roughBigJohnny is a jewel in the roughBigJohnny is a jewel in the roughBigJohnny is a jewel in the roughBigJohnny is a jewel in the rough
also you should be able to get liquid and granulated lecithin from bulk stores like bulk barn, that's where I get mine.
BigJohnny is offline Quote

Old 10-28-2015, 07:14 PM #26
steve667

steve667 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnny View Post
also you should be able to get liquid and granulated lecithin from bulk stores like bulk barn, that's where I get mine.
I just ordered liquid lecithin from eBay. Many choices there.
steve667 is offline Quote

Old 11-26-2015, 02:57 PM #27
prinzpinky

prinzpinky is on a distinguished road
this recipe rocks !!!
heavy user since more than 10 years, this is the best ^^
thanks for this recipe !

so now my trim is cooked 3 times and i want to product my first bud butter.
like you i used 15gramm per bhang that gives me a very nice vibe

now i am wondering how much bud shall i take?
i read that 1 ounce bud to 1 pound butter is good
i am tending more to 2 ounce buds per 1 pound butter ..?!
prinzpinky is offline Quote

Old 11-26-2015, 03:50 PM #28
420somewhere
Hi ho here we go

420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute420somewhere has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Check your recipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzpinky View Post
this recipe rocks !!!
heavy user since more than 10 years, this is the best ^^
thanks for this recipe !

so now my trim is cooked 3 times and i want to product my first bud butter.
like you i used 15gramm per bhang that gives me a very nice vibe

now i am wondering how much bud shall i take?
i read that 1 ounce bud to 1 pound butter is good
i am tending more to 2 ounce buds per 1 pound butter ..?!
It depends on how strong you want your edibles. An ounce per pounds makes some pretty potent stuff.

I use recipes which use 1/4 cup of CocoCanna Oil per batch of 20 Cookies. Check your recipes to see how much Budder is needed.

1 get around 65mg THC per cookie. So 2 ounces would be about 130mg per cookie.

You can always make smaller cookies

I say go for it as it will depend of the strength of your weed.

Remember you can't overdose on Marijuana, but you may think you have.

Peace

Prop 215 Compliant
420somewhere is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-26-2015, 04:17 PM #29
zachrockbadenof

zachrockbadenof is just really nicezachrockbadenof is just really nicezachrockbadenof is just really nicezachrockbadenof is just really nicezachrockbadenof is just really nicezachrockbadenof is just really nicezachrockbadenof is just really nicezachrockbadenof is just really nicezachrockbadenof is just really nicezachrockbadenof is just really nicezachrockbadenof is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420somewhere View Post
It depends on how strong you want your edibles. An ounce per pounds makes some pretty potent stuff.
Remember you can't overdose on Marijuana, but you may think you have.Peace
an oz per pound... shit man, when I made my butter , I used an oz of tops.. sdkush buds with 2sticks (8oz of butter).. after an hour when I was stirring the mixture, I had '2' large buds next to me, as well as some kif... threw that in the mixture..

made 11cookies with 44grams of butter... and ate '1' cookie... and I thought for sure I was going to be the 1st person to OD and die ...

it was a bad,bad trip...
zachrockbadenof is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:29 PM #30
steve667

steve667 will become famous soon enough
wash, wash, wash

Here are pic's of my wash. I did this over two days. There was NO noticeable weed taste in my butter. The one thing I did a little different was to syphon the water off once the weed had settled. Just gently stick the syphon tube past the weed that settles on top and be sure not to let it suck out any weed from the bottom. This cuts down on straining it and leaving some precious weed in the filter. I had the jar sitting on the counter and I opened a drawer next to it so that my container to catch the drain off was lower than the jar - so it would syphon correctly. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-11-10 21.41.53.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	342881 Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-11-11 16.37.35.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	342882 Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-11-11 19.05.40.jpg
Views:	17