What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old Timers!!! put some fun between your legs again.....

Drift13

S4L, I know I have a trike in my near future. Have 3 motorcycles in the garage. The 01 FLHTC will be getting the extra wheel. Just couldn't do that to my 75 Flh or my 77 XLCH.
Had a club-brother that rode a Frankensteins Soft-Tail till his MS got too bad to hold onto the grips. Before you settle on a manufacturer you need to decide whether you prefer a straight axle or independent suspension. Big difference between how they ride. I prefer independent suspension.
Getting old is NO reason to stop riding. :yay: :smokey:

Drift13

i got no probs with jap rice rockets. but my first chice is prob ducati. cause you wont see the make when i blow by anyhow. and for a cruiser a harley fo shure. crotch rockets aint for long distance done that. or maybe a custom chopper if i can get a steal. i need someone who went through a mid life crisis and got over it or an angry woman. both have potential for a cheap price lol

If your going to buy a motorcycle....now would be the time. A bunch going cheaper than they have in a long time.

Cmobile9

Takes me back to my first bike it was a 73' Suzuki 750 waterhog is what they called it. I road back and forth to school cool bike.

Get it up to 140mph on the dial and the front end would start to shake slow down dummy yeah I was about 20yo. Fun times.

I wish I would have kept it, would have been a good antique by now well it was then haha

C

Chamba

Just picked up my first motorcycle, an 08 Harley Davidson 1200N "Nightster".

Nice bike! enjoy! and since it's your first set of two wheels, make sure to learn the finer points of riding safely from an expert and practice emergency braking, high speed cornering, wet road riding etc as well as other basic riding techniques...but the main thing to keep in mind is that every car driver is an blind, deaf, idiot trying to kill you and you will be fine! lol

WelderDan

Veteran
I ain't quite ready for 3 wheels yet. As long as I can still kick the old Shovelhead over I'm good to go.

She's a bit ratty, but that 93 inch S&S motor and 5 speed will show tail lights to the stock HD's all day without busting a sweat.

Glad you're getting back in the wind bro, have fun!

C

Chamba

If Cinderella 99 was a motorbike, she would be a 1972 Kawasaki Mach 3 500 cc triple.....I used to own one of these screaming demons, front wheel lifting suicide machines....they were one of fastest mo-bikes in their day combined with being one of the worst handling.

If Northern Lights was a motorbike, she would be a Harley..you pick the year and model.

I wonder which strain would be a HRD Vincent Black Shadow...maybe it hasn't be developed yet? or it's been lost decades ago?

This could be a thread all on it's own.....

What motorcycle would Haze remind you of? Ditch weed? How about some of the newer hybrids?

WelderDan

Veteran
If Cinderella 99 was a motorbike, she would be a 1972 Kawasaki Mach 3 500 cc triple.....I used to own one of these screaming demons, front wheel lifting suicide machines....they were one of fastest mo-bikes in their day combined with being one of the worst handling.

If Northern Lights was a motorbike, she would be a Harley..you pick the year and model.

I wonder which strain would be a HRD Vincent Black Shadow...maybe it hasn't be developed yet? or it's been lost decades ago?

This could be a thread all on it's own.....

What motorcycle would Haze remind you of? Ditch weed? How about some of the newer hybrids?

My buddy had a 73 Kawi 350 triple. It would stand up on the back tire in the first three gears just by twisting the the throttle. It would scare the crap out of you. Fast as hell, but handled terrible.

C

Chamba

They now want crazy money for a late 60's or early 70's Kawasaki Mach 3 ....I often check out ebay to reminisce about the different bikes I used to own when I was a kid and about bikes that I wanted back then but could never afford.

I hit the ton for the first time on a bike on a Mach 3 and it was fast for the first 50 or 100 yards..but always wanted a Z 900

Drift13

I ain't quite ready for 3 wheels yet. As long as I can still kick the old Shovelhead over I'm good to go.

She's a bit ratty, but that 93 inch S&S motor and 5 speed will show tail lights to the stock HD's all day without busting a sweat.

[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=14420&pictureid=739827"]View Image[/URL]

Glad you're getting back in the wind bro, have fun!
Did ya use the S&S Sidewinder kit? I did in my 75 FLH and she been known to get 60/65mph in 2nd gear and no the S&S kit in not the only trick in her.

B

BrnCow

I've got a 2007 FLH 103 cop bike with 29k that I picked up at a government/police auction and have for sale now...if I don't find a buyer, I might just save up and do this kit on it...I have trouble crawling around on the concrete now days though...still would be a nice winter project...I really wanted one with a bench seat for the passenger(s) though...it's already got a heavy duty clutch just rebuilt....might put a tow bar on it and get a trailer for it...

WelderDan

Veteran
Did ya use the S&S Sidewinder kit? I did in my 75 FLH and she been known to get 60/65mph in 2nd gear and no the S&S kit in not the only trick in her.

Nope, it's the complete S&S 93 inch engine, not the sidewinder kit. The original motor (74 inch) had a 4 1/2 inch stroker crank and .060 over pistons when I got it. That worked out to about 84 inches. It hauled ass, but it ate a tappet one day and lunched the right side case so I ponied up for the complete S&S engine.

The torque is incredible. And watching those new twin cams get smaller and smaller in the mirror is priceless.

smilley

Veteran
Sorry guys, I couldn't resist..........

200 cc's of arse jarring power for off roading. Baja Warrior///

picture.php

picture.php

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like the FLH , Roadking & heritage softail versions ..... i'd ride it in a heart beat , could probably even get the wife to ride with me if i had 3 wheels . she don't feel safe on the back of the 2 wheelers .

thats a sweet little woods crawler smilley :) i've thought about 1 for myself .... they had a yamaha 200 cc big wheel for sale here recently but didn't have the cash at the time .

scotsman

I sure do like a bit of fun between ma legs, sold my VFR 800i last year for one reason i was going everywhere at break kneck speed.
Went for this Bonneville SE and well pleased, its got a bit of grunt and keeps a smile on my face when i head for Glen Coe

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353003466354.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353003466354.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 13
  • uploadfromtaptalk1353003494894.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353003494894.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 14